609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

We are going down

Say we are going down

What an awful squad

Thats us gettin smashed at least 5 times this season.

Everton could have had 6 at start of season

Southampton

Man City

Chelsea

Spurs

im convinced that XI we went with today are the weakest in the entire league. Even if we had the experience of Bent, Gabby, Vlaar, N'Zogbia, Ireland all available we wouldnt play them all at once anyway when this side is crying out for them. Lambert needs to be very clever in the window, or.. well you know the rest

Can't see us going down either. We've been so poor the first half of this season yet we're still 3 points clear. I think we'll improve in the new year as well and hopefully get some better players in.

I hope you are right. I have doubts, but I live in hope.

Can't see us going down either. We've been so poor the first half of this season yet we're still 3 points clear. I think we'll improve in the new year as well and hopefully get some better players in.

The other clubs around us are likely thinking the same thing...

3 points from Liverpool, Chelsea, and Tottenham

Most on here would've taken that if offered before the Liverpool game.

3 goals scored, 13 conceded.

Not many would have taken that.

We have had 3 or 4 decent performances this season. He rest have been average to extremely poor, I do not see that as an improvement over last year.

The 8-0 to chelsea, freak result. The 5-0 to city was helped by shocking reffing, the 4-1 to soton was cus did we didn't take our chances to go 2-0 up.

But that tonight. We was lucky to get nil. **** woeful, down on our arses, 11 players who looked like they had been on the piss before the game. I'm so **** off right now cus we just looked like we couldnt give a **** again. I spent £32 on a ticket. I could get a prostitute to **** me up the arse with a strap on for that, and id enjoy it more.

3 goals scored, 13 conceded.

Not many would have taken that.

in the city, southampton, chelsea and spurs games we've conceded 21 goals, in the other 15 games we've conceded 15

kneejerk reactions aside from a couple of thumpings, if you take those 4 games of 19 in the league out of the equation, we're not exactly canon fodder - we're actually relatively difficult to beat most of the time

now, there's still a big problem in scoring goals, but we've shown in the cups we're able for it. i think what we'll see for the rest of the season is some tight, niggly games against teams around us, a couple more absolute hammerings from the top 5, and one or 2 comfortable wins against teams below us. the last 2 games change nothing imo, we've picked up as many points as we wouldve expected, but we've gotten hammerings. i'd rather have chelsea tonk us 8-0 than lose 4 games 2-0 to be perfectly honest. the wigan game is a big one, no doubt, but if we win there, and i strongly believe we'll win by a couple of goals, things all of a sudden look very different. we won't be relegated, and i'm even sure that we won't go into april worrying about it. arsenal could score 6 against us in 7 games time though, and united and city will likely murder us too when they play their return fixtures, but those games don't really matter a jot at this point in the project.

worst defence in the league, yes, but if those goals were spread evenly we'd have a much bigger problem than having the majority of them over 4 matches

Edited by P3te
  • Like 1

Problem is Weimann is now out for 2-3 weeks to add to Bent and Gabby.Can not see where goals will come from now..at point now where we will have to recall Delfounso.

Every cloud has a silver lining. :unsure:

Edited by Humanoid

in the city, southampton, chelsea and spurs games we've conceded 21 goals, in the other 15 games we've conceded 15

kneejerk reactions aside from a couple of thumpings, if you take those 4 games of 19 in the league out of the equation, we're not exactly canon fodder - we're actually relatively difficult to beat most of the time

now, there's still a big problem in scoring goals, but we've shown in the cups we're able for it. i think what we'll see for the rest of the season is some tight, niggly games against teams around us, a couple more absolute hammerings from the top 5, and one or 2 comfortable wins against teams below us. the last 2 games change nothing imo, we've picked up as many points as we wouldve expected, but we've gotten hammerings. i'd rather have chelsea tonk us 8-0 than lose 4 games 2-0 to be perfectly honest. the wigan game is a big one, no doubt, but if we win there, and i strongly believe we'll win by a couple of goals, things all of a sudden look very different. we won't be relegated, and i'm even sure that we won't go into april worrying about it. arsenal could score 6 against us in 7 games time though, and united and city will likely murder us too when they play their return fixtures, but those games don't really matter a jot at this point in the project.

worst defence in the league, yes, but if those goals were spread evenly we'd have a much bigger problem than having the majority of them over 4 matches

played 18, lost 8. Suggests were reasonably easy to beat.