Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Didn't know where to put these comments....But it is great to hear fans from various teams appreciating what we are trying to do.

Arsenal and Spurs fans respectively.

I know this is a bit of a side issue from the rest of the discussion, but did anyone else think Villa played really well? I have been amazed how well they've played this season compared to the results thy've got. I think someone said watch out for Villa in the second half of the season. I agree, and would add maybe watch out for Southampton too...

Lately. you never hear a Villa fan moan. This young team are hugely impressive and are evolving and gelling at an incredible rate. There's no wonder any more why Bent is secondary.Come the second half of the season they are going to exact revenge and take some serious scalps.

been saying the same all season

We spent most of the match defending and broke out for three devastatingly fast and accurate goals. So arguably we didn't pose much of a "threat" at all. I don't think anyone claims football is played with statistics. Nor is it played with empty concepts like "goal threat".

Ok,so just to clarify in a non withering put down way.

What I meant to say, is that despite our apparent lack of shots, I have felt in all four games now of 3-5-2 that we look far more likely to score goals, I have been much more confident that we could and would score goals than at any time for about five years

Now i understand thats my subjective opinion, but its an opinion now being borne out. I had no doubt at all watching yesterday's game that we would win . Liverpool may have had more shots and possession, but never really looked threatening, never really looked likely to break us down. We, however, looked every time that we broke like we could score. We carried the greater threat.

Thats all I meant by shots having no real correlation to goal threat, that the two arent related. I think thats pretty clear, and Im not sure why you feel so upset by me pointing it out, but as I appear to have somehow offended you,I'm sorry, no offence meant,.

I see that instead of letting other people disprove your statements, you've taken to disproving them yourself straight after you say them.

I'd argue Reina probably should have saved his one yesterday but his two against Norwich certainly were superb finishes.

I think West Ham will end up in the relegation battle. Seeing their bench now before the crucial christmas period, it will be tougher and tougher for them.

I see the same as Hull a few years ago, starting extremely well, but finishing terrible (they barely made it, and they were 6th after 15 matches).

I think West Ham will end up in the relegation battle. Seeing their bench now before the crucial christmas period, it will be tougher and tougher for them.

I see the same as Hull a few years ago, starting extremely well, but finishing terrible (they barely made it, and they were 6th after 15 matches).

West ham are all about Diame. If he is fit and playing they are a really decent team, without him they are pretty weak

I just hope people realise that there will be down days again this season, piss poor performances and losses along with us still being down there.

Just try and have to faith and control the knee jerk reactions.

of course there will be, we are a ridiculously young team. Did they say on MOTD that bannan was our most experienced player yesterday? Thats silly. What you look for, as I said a few weeks ago, is improvement over groups of games. I think i said (after the Norwich game) that we needed to be turning the new year with 20 points or more.. Doing so would show a really big step up from the start of our season. It is a measure of how much we have improved that it seems unlikely we will turn the new year with less than 20 points, whereas when I wrote that it looked a tall order I think this shows that we should very much be looking upwards in the table. I am EXTREMELY confident that we wont finish lower than where we are.now.

I am starting to think top half might be possible, and if we achieve that it would be a truly remarkable achievement for lambert

I am not over being worried yet. But bloody hell this is a good week. I expected zero points from Liverpool, Chelsea & Spurs so we are 3 ahead already. Good times which gives us a nice little cushion. Getting anything against Chelsea is a big ask given their amazing squad but fingers crossed, our confidence should be sky high.

As long as we beat Wigan home then I will take whatever we can get from the next two. As long as we put in good performances against Chelsea/Spurs then I'm happy.

Saying to forget about relegation is ludicrous. I dont think we will be anywhere near there come May but for now we are and that's all that matters. Remember we beat Chelsea 3-1 away last season and thought we had turned the corner then lost at home to Swansea next game. We need to keep our feet on the ground. However the last 6 games have been very positive.

I think we should be targeting 4 points from our next 3 games, that would keep us outside the relegation zone come January when we can then improve the squad. The most likely way of us getting there is beating Wigan and picking up a point against Spurs. After destroying Norwich and Liverpool away from home though, I wouldn't rule anything out.

no it wouldn't.

Which would be fantastic. It's quite a lofty target, though I really do fancy us on Boxing day. We were unlucky last time out against Spurs, I feel like they play right into our hands in terms of style. I also feel that just as under their previous manager they don't really have a plan B. I consider AVB to be vastly overrated and I think he can easily be out thought by Lambert and Culverhouse.

Fingers crossed eh.

• Like 1