Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Definetly looks like an established team will go this season so tight down can also see it going to the last game of season..hoping we are safe by then.

I'm hoping now we will keep out form going better to be improving then starting well then dropping off badly like we did last season

I'm struggling to see how 19 points after 20 games puts us in a comfortable position.

Sorry that you're struggling BJ, but you really need to read these posts properly - not "comfortable" but "more comfortable", therefore "more comfortable" means that I will be happier in 15th place (or higher) than I would be in 18th place.

If we get to 8th or 9th place by the end of the season I will consider that a "comfortable" position

Glad I could clear that up for you

I

It is imperative we are not in the R zone come Xmas

Very few teams survive that, 1 only from memory

Is that right? that in recent years of all the teams in the relegation positions at Xmas, only one has avoided the drop? Sounds unlikely

Is that right? that in recent years of all the teams in the relegation positions at Xmas, only one has avoided the drop? Sounds unlikely

2010/11

Fulham and Wolves both in zone at 19 games, both survived.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/league-table.html?season=2010-2011&month=DECEMBER&timelineView=date&toDate=1293580800000&tableView=CURRENT_STANDINGS

Looks like Demba Ba might be leaving Newcastle in january, from The Guardian

The Newcastle United striker Demba Ba is yet to be persuaded to sign a new deal as the January transfer window approaches. The 27-year-old Senegal international has rejected the club's latest offer as they attempt to negotiate out the release clause contained in his initial contract.

Despite concerted speculation during the summer, no suitor activated the £7.5m get-out which could have lured the former West Ham forward away from St James' Park. However, while supporters breathed a sigh of relief that last season's leading scorer would be staying on Tyneside, the club's manager, Alan Pardew, revealed that the clause would become active once again next month.

Newcastle have been locked in negotiations with Ba's representatives for some time, but there is understood to be a significant gap between the wage deal the former are prepared to offer and that which the latter are willing to accept.

Newcastle are hopeful that the player, who has scored eight times this season, is happy to stay and he too has given little indication that he is looking to leave.

Pardew will hope for a breakthrough if he is to avoid a month of waiting anxiously to see if the former Hoffenheim player will remain within his grasp by the end of it.

In the meantime, he will hope Ba and compatriot Papiss Cissé can find the goals to fire the club out of their current Premier League slump as they head into Monday night's home match against Wigan Athletic looking to avoid a fifth successive defeat.

If they lose Ba, they might go into the shitter.

I think that Xmas thing stat is the team bottom at Xmas.

Sorry that you're struggling BJ, but you really need to read these posts properly - not "comfortable" but "more comfortable", therefore "more comfortable" means that I will be happier in 15th place (or higher) than I would be in 18th place.

If we get to 8th or 9th place by the end of the season I will consider that a "comfortable" position

Glad I could clear that up for you

I

Haha

Thanks.