Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I'm still here Rich. I wanted 6 obviously but it would be foolish to say that they were expected or that prior to the two games, all things considered, that 4 points wouldn't be a good return.

We beat one of our direct rivals (like it or not, that is the level we find ourselves at) and we took a point away at another and potentially stopped Arry getting their tails up.

They are 4 valuable points and while the performances are not what we all want (including Lambert I should imagine) they are better than they were, they are returning more points and we are looking more solid although granted we are still far from actually being solid defensively.

People are entitled to moan about performances, but to moan about the points from the last two games is over the top in my opinion.

Stoke will be tough but then when you are one of the youngest and least experienced in the league most games are going to be tough especially when you have such serious lack of quality in certain areas of the team.

Work in progress but at least there are some signs of progress.

I'm still here Rich. I wanted 6 obviously but it would be foolish to say that they were expected or that prior to the two games, all things considered, that 4 points wouldn't be a good return.

We beat one of our direct rivals (like it or not, that is the level we find ourselves at) and we took a point away at another and potentially stopped Arry getting their tails up.

They are 4 valuable points and while the performances are not what we all want (including Lambert I should imagine) they are better than they were, they are returning more points and we are looking more solid although granted we are still far from actually being solid defensively.

People are entitled to moan about performances, but to moan about the points from the last two games is over the top in my opinion.

Stoke will be tough but then when you are one of the youngest and least experienced in the league most games are going to be tough especially when you have such serious lack of quality in certain areas of the team.

Work in progress but at least there are some signs of progress.

I agree that there's been definitely progress and we're suffering pretty bad injury-crisis...is this third season in a row that we have lot of injuries just before christmas?

I agree that there's been definitely progress and we're suffering pretty bad injury-crisis...is this third season in a row that we have lot of injuries just before christmas?

Vlaar, Bennett only regular starters isn't it?

Stevens was back up to Bennett

Dunne was always going to start behind Clarke in pecking order (and not new injury)

Nzog was only a bit part player pre injury...

Anyone else??

People have compared today's performance to a Mcleish one, Maybes thats justified, maybe its not. However I believe that the end product of project Lambert is far better than the end product of Mcleish's ideals.

I know QPR are bottom - but that was a very cheap and inexperienced team today - so a points isn't at all bad. Obviously going forward we need to be better - Im sure Lambert knows that to.

Dunne was always going to start behind Clarke in pecking order (and not new injury)

Anyone else??

I think if Dunne had been fit - he would have stepped into the side to replace Vlaar. We don't have many senior pros in defence - so the loss of Vlaar is a big loss. IMO Dunnes injury was perceived as minor in August - but has rumbled on. We do need another experienced CB though.

Anyone else??

We didn't have any starter LBs and N'Zogbia could play either AMC or on the right wing.

• Like 1

It seems we may just get away with it thanks to the whole league deciding to take a year off.

Not for me, the table never lies if we stay up we deserve it, if we go down its cus were not good enough.

I think if Dunne had been fit - he would have stepped into the side to replace Vlaar. We don't have many senior pros in defence - so the loss of Vlaar is a big loss. IMO Dunnes injury was perceived as minor in August - but has rumbled on. We do need another experienced CB though.

Not saying we haven't missed the injured players, just dont think that we've had a mass bout of injuries..

Name me a club that doesn't have injuries at present. Injuries happen - it's an inevitable result of having players competing in a combative and often physical league.

What you need is a squad with enough depth to cope - one of the many things Mr Lerner has failed to secure during his ownership of the club.

Very good result today, very relieved. I didn't see the game, according to the stats and reports it looks like we were lucky even though they didn't have many big chances. Who cares, away games are always tough and these guys will win a game soon. Stats when a new manager take on his first game at home is always in their favour, so a draw is just fine. Three games unbeaten and now we can stress down a bit when we host Stoke at Villa Park next Saturday. Very important phase of the season, and we are over the relegation zone before it effects the players, especially the younger ones. Saw the the goals, good strike by Holman although I doubt Julio Cesar would have dropped that one in the back of the net! Our defending for their goal was pretty awful and who the hell is Derrick Williams? Lambert really wants to prove a point by fielding players like that instead of Ireland doesn't he?

Anyway, I feared a loss given QPR's new energy and the fact that they will win a game at some point, but we got a point away from home and that is happy times.

It seems we may just get away with it thanks to the whole league deciding to take a year off.

People were saying it last year and that we wouldn't get so lucky this season. Fact is in a 20 team league there will always be some poor teams. The incredible thing this season is 90% of premier league teams can't defend.

I think Reading and QPR are gone. QPR need to win 10 games to give themselves a chance, 10 wins out of 23.Given they've got to play the two Manchester clubs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs all again I think that's too much to do.Reading are spirited but just not good enough.

I do have a feeling Southampton could get out of it, starting to play well and have goals in them.

Funny before the last two games there were a few on here saying they would be happy with four points from two games. Where have all those people gone?

Don't think there are many fans unhappy with 4 points. Like trent said though, the performances have not been great and are something that can be concerned about.

Anyway speaking of where fans have gone. Where are all those who laughed at the idea we'd be in a relegation battle this year?