Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

we'll be fine in the long run this season, we should have scored at least one today and did really well first half. another week it'll go for us.

not sure we need a midfield destroyer either, we put pressure on the ball really well and look to be pretty good at getting it back and keeping it. less so today becuase PL didn't go with the narrow midfield to combat tottenham's width. to be fair untill they scored we looked pretty good away from home against a really good team.

• Like 1

Nothing unexpected here, we were always going to lose this game when they have found some good form. They have quality players all over and we have very few, so a 2-0 deficit was on the cards. Like I said yesterday, it is at least nice to see that we are not under the relegation line before the two week break. However, I am pretty sure we will be during the next month. That home game against Norwich is such a must-win now. The problem with our team is that we don't have the strength or aerial battlers to surprise the great teams in the Premier League, like Stoke could do. We can surprise them with our tempo and aggression, but that will only last for so long against Arsenal, Man Utd and Man City. Thus far I would say Lambert's approach has been naive, we probably have a good Championship-team but as a Premier League-side we look like one of the absolute weakest. And benching Darren Bent? Great plan Lambo, this team cannot afford to bench an English International player whose primary asset is scoring goals out of nothing. We are not a good side, we do not create enough chances and when first do; we need Darren Bent to put them away for god's sake. And some say he is not a Lambert type of player? What does that mean exactly? He scores goals, everyone needs that player. The problem is our midfield. Brett Holman runs around all day, but you actually need to be a good passer of the ball as well. I am not hugely disappointed by this result as I expected it all the way, but you always hope for some magic or luck. We could have done something if Benteke had scored that sitter, but it wasn't to be. Two weeks off now, I guess we don't have many International players so they should have time to develop some more cohesion.

• Like 1

By the looks of things we are going to need some investment in January to stay up IMO. We could quite easily find ourselves bottom of the pack after the next 7 games.

Im not sure I trust Lambert to do anymore shopping to be honest

Im not sure I trust Lambert to do anymore shopping to be honest

Vlaar looks a good buy

KEA looks decent, needs to improve

Lowton and Bennett have done well, considering

Benteke- He's raw, but still very young, I think he'll come good...should NOT be starting ahead of Bent though.

I trust Lambert to identify good players that fit within the financial constraints placed upon him by ownership.

2 players needed and we will be fine, a big **** in midfield and a left winger..... downing?

i cant stand the prick for the way he walked out, but theres no doubt he was quality for us. rodgers wants him out and they would take a tenth of what they paid us for him

Just interviewed Vlaar on WM

Sounds very down

Basically should have scored, they got a lucky goal & need to get some points on the board. But he sounded very quiet and subdued.

OMG Vlaar having a go! he should be dropped BLAH BLAH BLAH (typical fan reaction)

I expected to lose today. The big news was Southampton not winning sad as it is to say.

But as we saw at the end of last season we can't just expect the bottom teams as awful as they are to keep on losing forever. A couple of them like QPR will eventually start winning.

Our season really starts again at Fulham, it's a ground we usually get a point on and I expect us to beat Norwich the game after even with this added Lambert suing to factor in. 4 points from the next two please.

After that we have a Sunderland team that will be like dogs on heat as MON will be desperate to beat us, the two Manchester clubs and Arsenal so at best I can only see two draws from that.

Vlaar looks a good buy

KEA looks decent, needs to improve

Lowton and Bennett have done well, considering

Benteke- He's raw, but still very young, I think he'll come good...should NOT be starting ahead of Bent though.

I trust Lambert to identify good players that fit within the financial constraints placed upon him by ownership.

Really? i think Vlaar has looked awful on more than one occasion

9 games and people "start to wonder".

This is a longer term project thn that. Sorting out the shit we have been in the last two years is not an overnight fix. Did people expect us to be challenging top six this year or something ?

• Like 3

People keep saying about worse teams than us down there, but I fear those sides can turn us over in the all important 6pointers. Look what happened at St. Marys..

Worrying times, I know we have to give Lambert time, but time wont make any difference with a squad like ours. We need to play Bent, Nzogbia week in week out. 34m on the bench is stupid when we're just losing games anyway. We may aswell lose them with at least fielding players who have experience and can make things happen.

Ar least Ireland, Dunne may be back after the break. Having them back in the squad will at least add a bit more experience. My, how we have fallen :(