Rino8

Suarez is a knob - absolutely. 

However, I am of the opinion he knew exactly what he was up to when he went to bite Ivanovic. He wants out from Liverpool and took the view that a massive ban was probably the way to go with encouraging the club to sell him. Plus all this "sick of the media" stuff. He wants away and as long as they play CL football and will pay him a thick wedge he doesn't care where. 

The guy is a  genius and £50m for him  is about right - playing the kind of football that Arsenal do he will fit in superbly and it will make their season. 

They are not allowed to discuss transfer rumour on RAWK. The mods are too anal. 

RAWK does have a Transfer forum and a thread dedicated to Suarez, which makes very entertaining reading.

My favorite parts are where LFC fans claim that a move to Arsenal would be a "sidestep" for Suarez (one bold poster even claimed it would be a "step down"), and that they should not sell to them because they are "direct rivals." Liverpool were 14 points behind Arsenal last season. We were closer to 8th than they were to 4th.

Cant believe Arsenal will pay the ridiculous 50 million that Liverpool are trying to get.

Hope they call their bluff and leave them with a sulking player.

Indeed.

It will be the biggest con since they extracted £7m off Doug Ellis for Stan Collymore, a player that they would gratefully have let go for a third of the price.

I suppose that we got them back in the end with old Stewie.....

They are not allowed to discuss transfer rumour on RAWK. The mods are too anal. 

RAWK does have a Transfer forum and a thread dedicated to Suarez, which makes very entertaining reading.

My favorite parts are where LFC fans claim that a move to Arsenal would be a "sidestep" for Suarez (one bold poster even claimed it would be a "step down"), and that they should not sell to them because they are "direct rivals." Liverpool were 14 points behind Arsenal last season. We were closer to 8th than they were to 4th.

Yeah they have opened one again and I had a look through. 

They lock them pretty regularly though, anytime anyone slags the player off or mentions twitter the mods shut it down.

Fenway Sport Group have put out a statement saying they are looking to sell the club. Hmmm, so they are looking to sell the club.

One rumour saying Saudi Aramco are lining up a bid, this would be bad news as they are mega mega rich, would make ManCi£y look like paupers.

Edited by Electric Avenue

If Suarez isn't worth forty or fifty million then few players are. (ok fine few players are but that's not the point) IMO hes better as a footballer than Cavani because though Cavani is a better pure finisher, Suarez is so great in creating his own chances and chances for others, and he did it on a team that was honestly no better than midtable, and probably would've been bottom half without him. He's definitely a top ten player in the world and if Arsenal pull off the transfer then that's a major coup for them. Liverpool are also screwed, because no matter how much money they get from the sale top players don't want to go there anymore, so who are they going to use the money on? 

Fenway Sport Group have put out a statement saying they are looking to sell the club. Hmmm, so they are looking to sell the club.

One rumour saying Saudi Aramco are lining up a bid, this would be bad news as they are mega mega rich, would make ManCi£y look like paupers.

Not sure why billionaires would get into the Premier League at this late stage, the return on investment is low these days because they have to complete against the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd & Man City. Better off investing in Italy where you can probably still buy the title.

I would argue that its still quite easy to buy the title here. If Liverpool were to get taken over and get a winger, centre mid and a centre back along with a striker if Suarez goes they would easily crack the top 4 at the expense of Arsenal/Spurs. And then with that Champions league football and unlimited funds I think they would be able to buy the league pretty easily.

Not sure why billionaires would get into the Premier League at this late stage, the return on investment is low these days because they have to complete against the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd & Man City. Better off investing in Italy where you can probably still buy the title.

Did Abramovich/ Abu Dhabi buy Chelsea/ Man City expecting a return on their investments?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny6EX9VxaqE

• Like 2

I would argue that its still quite easy to buy the title here. If Liverpool were to get taken over and get a winger, centre mid and a centre back along with a striker if Suarez goes they would easily crack the top 4 at the expense of Arsenal/Spurs. And then with that Champions league football and unlimited funds I think they would be able to buy the league pretty easily.

Don't see that personaly, they would need an entire new back 4, mayby agger the only exception, in midfield only coutinho would get into a top 4 side and they are about to lose there one world class striker.

Liverpool would need to spend hundreds of millions to get them to the top of the league.

Edited by Jimzk5

Don't see that personaly, they would need an entire new back 4, mayby agger the only exception, in midfield only coutinho would get into a top 4 side and they are about to lose there one world class striker.

Liverpool would need to spend hundreds of millions to get them to the top of the league.

I would argue that Liverpool are not that far off Spurs and Arsenal and with the additions I mentioned above I think they could crack the top 4.

Even for Liverpool to get into 4th they would need to replace Suarez' 23 goals, sign a decent right and left back, a winger and a centre mid to replace the aging Gerrard who is very injury prone now.

And then there's no guarantee they will be better than Arsenal or spurs.

It is a bit of a false comparison at this moment in time, Liverpool have spent a fair bit and improved their squad so they have in a sense got closer to Arsenal and Spurs. Yet Arsenal and Spurs will strengthen their squads between now and the end of the window and I fully expect them to open the gap up again.

I think Liverpool will improve again this season but I don't think they've a prayer of 4th.

Could be awful for Liverpool if he stays now. He's already got a terrible temperament, but he's forgiven by the fans for his footballing ability. If he starts sulking and goes off his game then they will still be using him as a focal point of the attack, which is what Sturridge should be. They'd be far better off with the £40,000,001 at this stage.

They do it because they 'can'.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

They do it because they 'can'.
I think that's the point the Rev was trying to make, maybe they can't. There are already 2 super rich billionaires at Chelsea and Man City, then you have man utd who spend similar amounts. Does a new billionaire want to blow several hundred million on possibly finishing 4th?

Â