Speculation: Anthony Annan (Schalke)

bickster

Villa eye Schalke star

Aston Villa have been put on red-alert after Schalke told Anthony Annan to look for a new club.

The 26-year-old has not featured in any pre-season games for the Bundesliga club and a summer switch looks inevitable.

Annan was loaned to Vitesse Arnhem last season and the Dutch club are also keen to secure his services again.

However, the Ghana international admits there has been some interest in him and is optimistic about his future.

Embarrassing

"I have not been called up for any pre-season games - it's embarrassing," he told Skysports.com.

"There has been some contact from clubs but I have two years on my contract with the German club, so we will have to see what happens."

Paul Lambert is apparently a fan of the combative midfielder who would bring his energy and industry to the Villa midfield.

{originally posted by Daniel in the General transfer topic}

Would be a good signing for us, we need a tough tackling midfielder, that has lots of energy.. We just haven got it.. Sign him up Lambert..

No thanks. We need someone to create chances for bent.

Pretty sure Ireland, Holman, Bannan, CNZ, Gabby and Albrighton can take care of that...

With the exception of Holman the rest weren't capable of that last season.
Under one of the most negative managers in history. I'm not saying everything will be rosy, but I think Bent will get better service under an attacking manager as opposed to one who just gets the defenders to hoof it up to him.

Pretty sure Ireland, Holman, Bannan, CNZ, Gabby and Albrighton can take care of that...

I hope so. Yeah McLeish's style was terribly negative but we haven't really been scoring much in the preseason. Around a goal a game which is one goal higher than last years though.

He has the international level needed, looks great when he plays for Ghana. He is a defencive midfielder, was amazing at Rosenborg, problem in Schalke for both Annan and Skjelbred who also got bought from Rosenborg is that they changed manager shortly after buying them...

Annan is great at breaking up the other teams play, he is fast/quick on his feet, reads the game excelent, good at passing the ball but mostly plays short passes to team mates, he knows his role is to tackle and break up the oppositions play. I think he gets overlooked because of his lack of hight and size, but actually his timing and jumping wins him more headers then you might think. He is really a hidden gem in my opinion and will suit us well. He will not create big chances or score a lot of goals, but he will keep the pressure from our defence and allow other midfielders to go forward...

I think he would be perfect for us.

He has the international level needed, looks great when he plays for Ghana. He is a defencive midfielder, was amazing at Rosenborg, problem in Schalke for both Annan and Skjelbred who also got bought from Rosenborg is that they changed manager shortly after buying them...

Annan is great at breaking up the other teams play, he is fast/quick on his feet, reads the game excelent, good at passing the ball but mostly plays short passes to team mates, he knows his role is to tackle and break up the oppositions play. I think he gets overlooked because of his lack of hight and size, but actually his timing and jumping wins him more headers then you might think. He is really a hidden gem in my opinion and will suit us well. He will not create big chances or score a lot of goals, but he will keep the pressure from our defence and allow other midfielders to go forward...

I think he would be perfect for us.

Makoun?

Â