Speculation: Anthony Annan (Schalke)

bickster

He has the international level needed, looks great when he plays for Ghana. He is a defencive midfielder, was amazing at Rosenborg, problem in Schalke for both Annan and Skjelbred who also got bought from Rosenborg is that they changed manager shortly after buying them...

Annan is great at breaking up the other teams play, he is fast/quick on his feet, reads the game excelent, good at passing the ball but mostly plays short passes to team mates, he knows his role is to tackle and break up the oppositions play. I think he gets overlooked because of his lack of hight and size, but actually his timing and jumping wins him more headers then you might think. He is really a hidden gem in my opinion and will suit us well. He will not create big chances or score a lot of goals, but he will keep the pressure from our defence and allow other midfielders to go forward...

I think he would be perfect for us.

You should be a salesman if you aren't already...his agent?...:suspect: I'm sold, anyway :thumb:

Still, the newspaper stories that have X club "on red alert" are usually speculative by nature which is to say bollocks.

Well what can i say, its like i said earlier, he dont contribute going forward, but he gives the rest opportunity to do so. And we have been complaining for years that we need som quicker feet in the middle to break up play and thats what he does.

By the way i am a Rosenborg fan also and he is by far the greatest foreign player the club has ever had and has clearly been missed since he left. AVFC should give Markus Henriksen a good look also, available for 2 mill. £ ...

Well, Annan is far better than Makoun, that is for sure. He can tackle and his game reading is among the best I have seen.

I am a Rosenborg supporter, and my dream is that Rosenborg buys him again, that would guarantee a Rosenborg championship again.

But if Rosenborg can't afford him, I hope Villa buys him.

And even though he is small, he is constantly winning headers!

320x.jpg

He is also quite nasty, and was known for lots of dirty tricks at corners in Norway.

Those fingers have been somewhere methinks. Ewww...

Up the anus of Andre Muri, of then championship rivals Vålerenga, while defending a set piece, specifically. In a spectacular fusion of dirty tricks and poor refereeing, the incident led to the sending off of innocent bystander Freddy dos Santos gifting the game and consequently the championship to RBK.

So, yes, Annan is a nasty little player and by all accounts not a very likeable person. But he's a decent footballer and I wouldn't mind his shennanigans so much if it would in any way help us win more games.

So, yes, Annan is a nasty little player and by all accounts not a very likeable person. But he's a decent footballer and I wouldn't mind his shennanigans so much if it would in any way help us win more games.

sort of player we lacked for a long time. a player with a nasty streak

Well, Annan is far better than Makoun, that is for sure. He can tackle and his game reading is among the best I have seen.

I am a Rosenborg supporter, and my dream is that Rosenborg buys him again, that would guarantee a Rosenborg championship again.

But if Rosenborg can't afford him, I hope Villa buys him.

And even though he is small, he is constantly winning headers!

That is totally bullshit. Annan was great in the Tippeliga and he sucks in Germany. Makoun would boss the Norwegian league (one of the poorest leagues in Europe) as a defender, midfielder or striker - it does not say much about a player. Look at Mame Biram Diouf, he was great at Molde before he went to England and did nothing for United or Blackburn. And the list goes on. Makoun, before coming into trouble with various changes in management at Villa, has played over 200 games in the French top league, as well as over 50 European games. To put it mildy, Makoun's reputation whilst at Lille was far superior to Annan's before he went to Germany - and now I would say both of them have pretty low expectations to them. Makoun has proved it several times in the Champions League, Annan has never done it other than a few International games for Ghana. Would I take a chance on him? Yes, could be an agressive spark in the middle or as a sub, but not to the expense of Makoun who deserves a fresh start.

I don't think Makoun is a good comparison for Annan, the only similarities is they both play CM and are african. Annan is a proper defensive mid, tackles hard, plays it simple, Makoun is a much more well rounded player. Makoun is a better passer is more forward thinking, and is more of a box to box midfielder. Also Annan is stronger and faster than Makoun.

He has the international level needed, looks great when he plays for Ghana. He is a defencive midfielder, was amazing at Rosenborg, problem in Schalke for both Annan and Skjelbred who also got bought from Rosenborg is that they changed manager shortly after buying them...

Annan is great at breaking up the other teams play, he is fast/quick on his feet, reads the game excelent, good at passing the ball but mostly plays short passes to team mates, he knows his role is to tackle and break up the oppositions play. I think he gets overlooked because of his lack of hight and size, but actually his timing and jumping wins him more headers then you might think. He is really a hidden gem in my opinion and will suit us well. He will not create big chances or score a lot of goals, but he will keep the pressure from our defence and allow other midfielders to go forward...

I think he would be perfect for us.

Skjelbred went to Hamburg if I'm not mistaking?

He was a little giant playing for Rosenborg and rumours said that AC Milan and A Madrid were in for him. Tenacious terrier-type.

I don't think Makoun is a good comparison for Annan, the only similarities is they both play CM and are african. Annan is a proper defensive mid, tackles hard, plays it simple, Makoun is a much more well rounded player. Makoun is a better passer is more forward thinking, and is more of a box to box midfielder. Also Annan is stronger and faster than Makoun.

I agree, and I only mentioned Makoun after someone asked if he was another Makoun.

Annan has another role than Makouns would have. Annan is a player who stop the other team's attack at an early stage.

Maybe we can compare him with NRC in terms of ball winning capabilities.

AVFC should give Markus Henriksen a good look also, available for 2 mill. £ ...

Rosenborg just rejected a £800k bid from Celtic.

Hamburg, Anderlecht and AZ Alkmaar is also interested. I would think 2 mill euro will be enough for Rosenborg to sell.

Â