Speculation: Anthony Annan (Schalke)

bickster

Honestly think we have no interest in him, I'd prefer us go for Wanyama.

This. Shame we didn't sign him last summer when linked with him.

Definitely need a combative DM to break up play and allow KEA, Ireland, Bannan some freedom going forward.

Annan was good when Rosenborg played in CL against Valencia, Chelsea etc, but I think he's been down in the ditch so long now that he'll have trouble getting up to that level again. Henriksen on the other hand, probably one of the best scandinavian talents atm. Played in CL at 17, for Norway at 18 and can do about anything. His only problem is his accelration, tho his max speed is good. Would love to see a couple of Scandinavians at our club again, as they almost always work hard, speak the language and deliver. If only Tore Andre Flo were younger.. :D

Another talent we should look at is Veton Berisha, younger brother of Valon Berisha. Scores bucketloads of goals atm, and works his socks off. Could put him in the youth team for a year and let him get used to British football.

He has the international level needed, looks great when he plays for Ghana. He is a defencive midfielder, was amazing at Rosenborg, problem in Schalke for both Annan and Skjelbred who also got bought from Rosenborg is that they changed manager shortly after buying them...

Annan is great at breaking up the other teams play, he is fast/quick on his feet, reads the game excelent, good at passing the ball but mostly plays short passes to team mates, he knows his role is to tackle and break up the oppositions play. I think he gets overlooked because of his lack of hight and size, but actually his timing and jumping wins him more headers then you might think. He is really a hidden gem in my opinion and will suit us well. He will not create big chances or score a lot of goals, but he will keep the pressure from our defence and allow other midfielders to go forward...

I think he would be perfect for us.

Skjelbred went to Hamburg if I'm not mistaking?

He was a little giant playing for Rosenborg and rumours said that AC Milan and A Madrid were in for him. Tenacious terrier-type.

You are definately not mistaking, Skjelbred is at Hamburg, my mistake and i knew that, just wasn`t thinking :)

On the Makoun vs. Annan debate, you can`t really compare them as they have too different qualities. Makoun is a better all-round player and i would like to see him getting a chance ti prove himself. Annan has a more limited role, but played as an holding, defencive midfielder he is a giant on the pitch, but again he has some limits going forward. Breaking up play, tackling and being a pain in the ass (Muri?) for the opponent, he is actually as good as anyone...

I love the idea of Villa going on Red-Alert.

I imagine a special "transfer ops room" with a siren going off and a flashing red light.

"Lambert to the Ops room, we have a developing situation in Germany, Lambert to the Ops room."

Right before the swoop of the transfer Eagle. :lol:

Bad chioce for him to end up going to Schalke as it turned out, but a real terrier in midfield when he gets going. Got a lot of bite in him, but, alas, can easily be sent off through getting into gripes with opposition players. Have some Ghanean friends out here who are real fans, but wouldn`t put too much weight on it. One for the `rainy night in Stoke`test...

Â