Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

If the player in question doesn't want to sign a new contract (and that is probably the case with Vlaar) then there isn't much the club can do.

If hes offered and not signed lambert should say if he dosnt want to be here its up to him. Vlaar was given a chance in pl he would not be worth much if hed stayed at feyenoord. Also if he had a shite wc we would still want him to stay. The takeover is not coming anytime soon according to ssn roughly half n hour ago i think we need vlaar more than he needs us.

If the player in question doesn't want to sign a new contract (and that is probably the case with Vlaar) then there isn't much the club can do.

The club could be run better and have a plan to be competitive again, that might encourage players like Vlaar to stay rather than join teams like southampton.

Let's face it, it comes to down to wages at the end of the day. It's not even like Southampton have been that well run this summer.

Edited by Mantis

It is more aggravating because it is just before our match against Stoke, so you question whether it will have a detrimental effect on Vlaar and potentially influence his performance. I hope Southampton are smashed this weekend.

If hes offered and not signed lambert should say if he dosnt want to be here its up to him. Vlaar was given a chance in pl he would not be worth much if hed stayed at feyenoord. Also if he had a shite wc we would still want him to stay. The takeover is not coming anytime soon according to ssn roughly half n hour ago i think we need vlaar more than he needs us.

Yeah he's had a great time in the Premier League instead of challenging for titles in Holland. Although he has probably earned a lot more here.

The club could be run better and have a plan to be competitive again, that might encourage players like Vlaar to stay rather than join teams like southampton.

Let's face it, it comes to down to wages at the end of the day. It's not even like Southampton have been that well run this summer.

Yes that's true, but then i still feel if we were in a better state we'd be able to offer the sort of contract a player like vlaar would take.

Very disrespectful from Koeman, but seems like this one will happen. Really hope we screw Southampton big time on the fee. I'd play hardball and start at £15m. If he thinks Southampton is the best he can do after the World Cup then let him go.

Also if this is the case I'd strip Ron of the captaincy immediately.

Slightly OT but does anyone else think Koeman bears more than a slight resemblance to McLeish?!?

Edited by benireduk

So, if that's the case, then the club should make it common knowledge that they have done all they can to persuade him to stay, but he doesn't want to sign.

It's been pretty depressing as a supporter for some time now, the club could go some way to show they are not in the wrong, at least the fans wouldn't blame the club then.

Even though they have sold all their key players I still think they are a better prospect than us.

Very disrespectful from Koeman, but seems like this one will happen. Really hope we screw Southampton big time on the fee. I'd play hardball and start at £15m. If he thinks Southampton is the best he can do after the World Cup then let him go.

Also if this is the case I'd strip Ron of the captaincy immediately.

Slightly OT but does anyone else think Koeman bears more than a slight resemblance to McLeish?!?

Shit, never noticed that before. Makes me dislike him even more.

Slightly off topic but who is our vice captain?

Gabby! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahah! Oh.

Edited by dAVe80

Even though they have sold all their key players I still think they are a better prospect than us.

Wow what a quote. So what you're saying is that Southampton, who have sold the complete spine of their team and who we took 4pts off last season btw is a better option.

Unbelievable

• Like 3

So, if that's the case, then the club should make it common knowledge that they have done all they can to persuade him to stay, but he doesn't want to sign.

It's been pretty depressing as a supporter for some time now, the club could go some way to show they are not in the wrong, at least the fans wouldn't blame the club then.

I don't think they could because i don't think they have.  We know they have made no effort to start discussions with Grealish, it wouldn't surprise me Lerner has decided that no new contracts are to be negotiated at this time.

Wow what a quote. So what you're saying is that Southampton, who have sold the complete spine of their team and who we took 4pts off last season btw is a better option.

Unbelievable

Compared to our current state i'd say southampton are the better option, for starters they aren't owned by a man who doesn't want to be there.  They've been completely stripped this summer but they have a good manager, lots of money and it's yet to be seen what the plan for their future is.  We know what our future is and it's not clear we will manage to be sold any time soon.

Unbelievable

I don't think Koeman would have taken the job unless he was going to be financial backed. We on the other hand are a bloody mess with no money and an owner that wants to get the hell outa dodge!

What the hell has getting 4 points against them got to do with anything?

Â