Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Regarding Joey Barton's negative comments about him on twitter, who cares what he thinks, anyone who takes Barton's opinion seriously needs their head checking. The man is simply an attention seeker. 

What did Barton say anyway?

• Like 1

The vine of Ron's penalty shows it actually stopped on the line, so didn't count.

And Ron clearly noticed as he starts pointing to it as its rolling towards the goal to show the ref that its going in

Oi you should be enjoying your holiday. get off here and get back to the Thai beach. ;)

haha touché ;)

Just killing time whilst the girlfriend gets ready!

Regarding Joey Barton's negative comments about him on twitter, who cares what he thinks, anyone who takes Barton's opinion seriously needs their head checking. The man is simply an attention seeker. 

What did Barton say anyway?

"I'm a word removed"  --  Joey Barton

• Like 1

The vine of Ron's penalty shows it actually stopped on the line, so didn't count.

And Ron clearly noticed as he starts pointing to it as its rolling towards the goal to show the ref that its going in

Oi you should be enjoying your holiday. get off here and get back to the Thai beach. ;)

haha touché ;)

They don't count as girls if they've still got a cock mate. ;)

So... what would you rather....

Sell Vlaar now for £5m and use that money trusting Lambert to re-invest in another defender?

Or

Reject 5m and let his contract expire? 

Edited by PieFacE

I'd definitely let his contract expire. It's not that I don't trust Lambert, after all, when he's had a decent amount of money to spend he's usually spent it wisely. It's more that you're not going to find too many players of his quality for that kind of money so we'd be risking a lot letting him go. I'd rather gamble that we'll be sold by next summer and if he does go on a free we'll be able to adequately replace.

Of course this is probably academic as if I was in Vlaar's position and an offer came in from someone like united, I'd make sure the deal went through. This is probably his last big move so I'm sure he wants to make the most of the fact he'll probably never be in greater demand.

• Like 1

So... what would you rather....

Sell Vlaar now for £5m and use that money trusting Lambert to re-invest in another defender?

Or

Reject 5m and let his contract expire? 

The latter, £5 million is nothing in football especially with the new TV deal. 

Would he get in the best world cup 11? 

Close for me.  Have been discussing World Cup 11's on another forum and the consensus for "outstanding" CB's seems to be;

Rafael Marquez

Thiago Silva

Mats Hummels

Ron Vlaar

Mario Yepes

Would he get in the best world cup 11? 

Close for me.  Have been discussing World Cup 11's on another forum and the consensus for "outstanding" CB's seems to be;

Rafael Marquez

Thiago Silva

Mats Hummels

Ron Vlaar

Mario Yepes

No Vincent Kompany in there?

haha touché ;)

Girl getting ready?  Yep that'll be a lot of time to kill then.

Out of interest, and not to derail too much, here's one guys' thought on the best 11/honourable mentions (Spurs fan for what it's worth):

keylar navas
phil lahm
ron vlaar
mat hummels
can't decide between rojo/rodriguez/blind
javier mascherano
james rodriguez
2 from: arjen robben/alexis sanchez/neymar
leo messi
thomas mueller

subs+honourable mentions to fill out the rest of the squad would be for me probably out of:
gks - guillermo ochoa/tim howard/claudio bravo
fbs - serge aurier/damarcus beasley
cbs - rafa marquez/diego godin/gary medel
mcs - jermaine jones/toni kroos
wfs - mathieu valbuena/xherdan shaqiri/juan cuardado
ams - miralem pjanic/sofiane feghouli (although both played wide cutting in too)
sts - erm... rvp maybe? joel campbell? karim benzema? miroslav?

for such an open world cup, no striker has really made a huge mark

If we get offered 8-10m we'd have to sell him. Forgot the WC where he's had two great matches. Remember the two seasons here when he's never looked anything like a 8-10m player

On his day = VERY GOOD, most of the other time = AVERAGE

I like him as a bloke but fairs fair

I wouldn't sell him at all. If we lost him I think we would be one of the favourites for relegation and that would cost us a lot more than any fee we would get. Let him help us stay up, if he goes on a free then fine, hopefully by then we will have some new money to invest anyway.

He wont keep us up on his own I think we are down anyway next season so i'd flog him

Let's hope the players don't share such an attitude.

Fact is we have a much better chance of staying up with him than without him so it would be madness to sell him for anything less than a silly amount.

• Like 1

Â