Speculation: Aaron Cresswell (Ipswich)

FamousHolteUnion

Scousers do well at Villa, fact, sign him up. Never seen him play. I trust Lambert if this turns out to be true. Mirror though so unlikely.

What like Warnock or Unsworth?

Neither are scousers, Unsworth is from Chorley and Warnock is from Ormskirk

Isn't Lowton a LB as well?

Lowton is a RB.

I like the way Lambert is selecting his targets and it proves he wants to see us through for the long haul.

Our previous managers would have turned to someone like Wayne Bridge if they needed a left back.

think we need a cb mor elets hope he is looking for one of those too

I don't know anything about this lad, so I've just had a quick look at his wiki page, and noticed he is only 5'7" tall. I reckon that it is highly unlikely he'll be able to double up as a cb. :)

I'm sure Lambert will have some players in mind for the cb position. I reckon we'll sign at least one this summer, and ship one out. (Hopefully Collins) :D

I personally do not think Herd or Lichaj are good enough to be first choice full backs. Would live to be proven wrong but I don't feel that excitement about our youngsters as I did when I first saw Gary Cahill. You could just tell he had something special and since then it's probably only Clark who has that something about him. Again would love to be proven wrong and hope they all make it.

Lichaj is definitely good enough to be a first choice full-back. He has improved immensly.

Very much reminds me of Tommy Docherty at Man U in the way he bought from the lower leagues.

Hopefully by the time Lambert finishes putting his stamp on our squad we will be watching a similar young hungry team full of guile and giving the top four a run for their money?

Not sure about this one, what message is it sending out if true?

We are after young untried players? At the right price great but 6m isn't the right price.

We are scouting the lower leagues as we have no money? I don't believe this but some will and the mud has stuck.

IMO a LB isn't the top priority, a centre back or 2 is, however PL will get my backing as at least we are being linked to players even if in the case of this player he only has 1 season of lower league football to his name.

Oh and it's piss funny reading the Ipswich Town fans over reaction to this and PL, lol

even if in the case of this player he only has 1 season of lower league football to his name.

Its actually 4 seasons - 3 previous were at Tranmere (who have a sell on clause hence the higher price tag that ITFC probably want)

We are after young untried players? At the right price great but 6m isn't the right price.

That is probably why we according to the papers only have offered 3.5 mill.

IMO a LB isn't the top priority, a centre back or 2 is, however PL will get my backing as at least we are being linked to players even if in the case of this player he only has 1 season of lower league football to his name.

I am sure we will get the priorities also. But I think it is nice to buy some young and talented players to our RB and LB positions. I don't think we spend our entire budget on these players, so there will be more to come.

Â