Stephen Ireland

omariqy

why is that in any way football? i don't get your point.

i just think it is madness to leave out better players with obvious talent. If you need goals, but the players that get you goals don't fit in the team set-up, change the set-up. It's not hard. if ireland and bent will get us goals, build a team around them, because what we need is goals! not a team of youngsters that try hard. i like the players that are currently in the team but the fact is for the last 2 games we have been lucky not to get torn apart, lucky the other team hasn't shown up either.

How would you line up?

Another one who can be a useful asset on the pitch if we have any sort of dominance but not the sort you need in a muck and nettles battle. If he plays we need a brick shithouse holding midfielder to give him a platform to perform. He's one who I would bid a fond farewell to with thanks forth past efforts.

I said in the match thread (didn't see the game) but it wouldn't surprise me at all if there was another "Bent" situation going on here.

I agree with some that ireland hasn't been "special", although I do think he has been pretty good.

But as I've said countless times before, there is literally no-one in the squad who can play his position. I don't mean come people play it badly or not as good as Ireland.

I mean I genuinely don't think there's anyone in Aston Villa's first team squad who can play as an AMC.

I don't think it's any coincidence that we looked instantly better going forward when he came on vs Reading and, although I admit to not seeing the game, that we struggled to get anything decent going forward against QPR. (I'm making that assumption based on comments I've heard about the game, a lot of people have said there was a huge gap between midfield and attack, a space Ireland would normally fill)

If Lambert is going to sell Ireland then that's his decision. But if he does, he must MUST buy someone else who can play that position if we're going to succeed in this system.

Well he played well against Man Utd, was arguably our best player against Man City before he went off, and then got dropped so something could have happened. He might not be a world beater but he's easily good enough to get in this team I would have thought.

A9IFQshCMAErM1Z.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.co...ErM1Z.jpg:large

this is going about on twitter

It's fake. He was 1,611 tweets when that picture was taken. If he deleted it, he would be down to 1,610, but he's still at 1,611.

Someone has blatantly photoshopped his last tweet. Notice the same people have also re tweeted his last tweet. Also notice the space between the time and date at the bottom, they're too far apart. Very poor photoshop.

i6ihxx.jpg

28qzwa9.jpg

How would you line up?

wrote a massive response to this which seems to have been deleted -_- brilliant. i'll try a shortened version

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Baker Clark

Holman Westwood Ireland Agbonlahor

Benteke Bent

changing to

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Baker Clark

Westwood

Holman Ireland Agbonlahor

Benteke Bent

I think this team is what is needed against stoke, and will compliment every player in the team (bar clark). It gives us width in Holman and Agbonlahor, but can also be narrowed if necessary. I think the Benteke-Bent partnership would work wonders against stoke. Keeping Baker in the team for his size against a stoke team, but leaving clark in, pushing him to LB, as i feel all three will be useful in defense against a physical team.

This set-up allows us to play 3 experienced premier league players, all of good quality, keeps the promising youngsters in the team, offers more in attack whilst still being solid defensively, and also can be switched to change tactics, and plays a formation that Lambert is known to use.

What are your thoughts on this sort of team? open to all constructive criticism on this, as i am interested in other peoples views on whether anyone else feels this would work

from whats been said on here, clark plays better at CB, plus i dont like the idea of playing baker and clark regulary tbh, unless we buy a new CB and clark improves and is willing to become a regular LB, but that isnt going to happen as why would PL buy a LB in bennett?

Â