General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

I am glad the trip to Chelsea was a great experience...believe me when I say that Randy enjoyed it as much as you did. Like everyone, he didn't like the loss....but he was mightly impressed with the fans!!

And the fans are mightly impressed with yourself and Randy. Believe me! :)

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know anything about awards...USA vs UK...but what I do know is that most awards are given because the troops around you are doing great things. Like football, it is the Team that counts in warfighting. There was not a single star on my shoulders or medal on my chest that didn't get there because I had great people fighting with me. The only one that is different is the two Purple Hearts for being wounded....and that is just because I was dumb enough to not get out of the way of a bullet. Bottom Line: I owe everything to the Marines I served with.

We're still very proud to have you General, you were a part of a team who served and we have the greatest respect for those in the armed forces. It is your sacrifice that allows millions over the world to live in freedom.

General I'm sure you'd welcome some adaptation of the Halls of Montezuma as the fanfare to replace the current Thunderbirds theme as the teams walk out at Villa Park.

It's a nifty tune and could serve AVFC as well as it does the USMC.

mjmooney suggested this, with new words in the new songs thread, page 5, try,

Use short links

i thought it was great and i posted, on page 8, a link to the tune for those who think they don't know it. i think some would be surprised that they do. also posted my own words.

but what does the general think?

there might be 30 - 40 thousand of us, but we don't want to upset the US marine corps.

I'm not confident of our chances in a fight!!

General I'm sure you'd welcome some adaptation of the Halls of Montezuma as the fanfare to replace the current Thunderbirds theme as the teams walk out at Villa Park.

It's a nifty tune and could serve AVFC as well as it does the USMC.

mjmooney suggested this, with new words in the new songs thread, page 5, try,

USe short links

i thought it was great and i posted, on page 8, a link to the tune for those who think they don't know it. i think some would be surprised that they do. also posted my own words.

but what does the general think?

there might be 30 - 40 thousand of us, but we don't want to upset the US marine corps.

I'm not confident of our chances in a fight!!

Thanks Toaster, I thought nobody had noticed it! Feel free to mess around with the words, it was just a first stab to get people thinking.

It's just a cracking good tune, and - as far as I know - no other club uses it.

Mike

Mr Krulak,

It's been a while since we have been third in the league (I know we are way behind second and goal difference from fourth) . The difference from looking towards a relegation battle and perhaps some hope for the future is immense. This is due to Martin O'Neill, Randy Lerner and yourself - So thank you.

I have a simple question - Why did Randy Lerner buy this club?

From a business point of view it makes little sense, there is only one way to make a small fortune in football and that is to start out with a large fortune. Purely financially, it makes no sense, as very few football teams make money, even if you are successful the subsequent wages etc to keep you there are such that very few teams actually turn a profit on a regular basis. There are better ways of investing 60 or so million pounds in the short, medium and long terms.

Mr Lerner has stated that he is not a long term Villa fan and it would be disingenuous for him to suggest otherwise - so this discounts the heart over head approach to investment.

So again I ask - Why did Randy Lerner buy this club?

General Krulak here:

GREAT WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OOOOHHHHRRRRAAAAHHHH!!!! I LOVE IT! MON AND HIS CLARET AND BLUE ARMY WERE SUPERB!!!!!!!!

Why did Randy buy the Club? Well, for one reason...so he could be with you today and watch a good Team, managed by a superb leader, go to someone's home pitch and win!! Randy is a business man but he is also a Sports Fan. He went to school in UK, worked with me in UK, has always loved football...and what better Team to be with than Aston Villa with its tradition and ethos. He is not here to lose money and with his savvy, he won't. BUT, the fact is, he does love the game and he loves Aston Villa. I know it is hard to believe that it can be that simple, but you are dealing with pretty simple people...people who wear their emotions on their sleeves and who love the game and OUR Club. You are just going to have to deal with us crazy Yanks.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

General, i heard Randy was at the game today. Will he be here for the match against Wigan next Sunday? And how about you? Will you be coming over anytime soon? There will be a long queue of Villa fans eager to buy you and Randy a beer!

This is a fantastic time to be a Villa fan. The best manager, the best chairman, the best directors a club could hope for!

Up the Villa!

I can deal with it General ....

I was listening to a radio phone in earlier and they were commenting just how much the atmosphere around Villa has changed (and it has), and for neutrals to say this says what an impact as a team Randy, the board and Martin have all had.

For the first time years, and I think I speak on behalf of the majority we look forward to the games now,

General Krulak here:

GREAT WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OOOOHHHHRRRRAAAAHHHH!!!! I LOVE IT! MON AND HIS CLARET AND BLUE ARMY WERE SUPERB!!!!!!!!

Why did Randy buy the Club? Well, for one reason...so he could be with you today and watch a good Team, managed by a superb leader, go to someone's home pitch and win!! Randy is a business man but he is also a Sports Fan. He went to school in UK, worked with me in UK, has always loved football...and what better Team to be with than Aston Villa with its tradition and ethos. He is not here to lose money and with his savvy, he won't. BUT, the fact is, he does love the game and he loves Aston Villa. I know it is hard to believe that it can be that simple, but you are dealing with pretty simple people...people who wear their emotions on their sleeves and who love the game and OUR Club. You are just going to have to deal with us crazy Yanks.

What a great post. What a great result. Things can't be any better for Villa fans at the moment.

That was a good question Villadom.

I can't see any possible reason why Randy did but I'm so, so glad he did. If they get sucked in totally by what is Aston Villa I predict only good things to come.

General,

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm over the moon about the result and where we are in the league, let's hope it lasts, but I don't think you answered my question. It's OK if you don't want to.

I think he did Villadom, he brought the club because he is a sports fan, has a feeling for the UK and football and we were available probably at the right price.

General,

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm over the moon about the result and where we are in the league, let's hope it lasts, but I don't think you answered my question. It's OK if you don't want to.

I think he did answer it Dom. The answer I got from it is basically, because he wanted to.

This is a business venture as well, not like the Abramovich regime at Chelsea where the club is just his toy, so turning Aston Villa into a thriving business as well as a successful team (the two go hand in hand) will be part of the new Villa.

But really, everyone wins. The fans love it. Randy makes money, sure, but he loves it as well. There's no point having wealth if you don't use it a a positive or enjoyable way - and what better way to use it than on the Villa!!

Thankyou General. It's a pleasure to hear from you.

General Krulak here:

:lol: Brilliant!

I have a question for you General. Have you been drinking this evening?

(no disrespect intended Sir!)

Cheers!

Hi General

It's so good to have Mr Lerner, yourself and Martin O'Neill at the club and I hope you all appreciate how pleased we are with the way you are going about the business of rejuvenating our club.

I've been talking to a friend in Glasgow and apparantly there's reports up there that Petrov is slightly unsettled and his wife hasn't taken to Birmingham.

Do you know whether there's any truth in this or is it just the media stirring things up.

Do the club play an active part in helping players and their families settle into the area? When Juan Pablo Angel first joined the club there were a lot of reports that things weren't handled very well and I'd certainly like to hope that side of things are being dealt with better now.

I am sorry I didn't answer your question...I thought I had. Although Randy believes that we can make money at Aston Villa he realizes it is NOT a "cash cow" and was NEVER interested in that as a "mission". With that as a given, he was and is taken by the tradition, ethos, and "soul" of the Aston Villa FC. On top of that he and Martin are a great team who respect and admire each other. On top of that, we have a solid team that is constantly trying to win. On top of that, we have GREAT FANS!! I hope this answers the question. NO other team combined all of this.

I am sorry I didn't answer your question...I thought I had. Although Randy believes that we can make money at Aston Villa he realizes it is NOT a "cash cow" and was NEVER interested in that as a "mission". With that as a given, he was and is taken by the tradition, ethos, and "soul" of the Aston Villa FC. On top of that he and Martin are a great team who respect and admire each other. On top of that, we have a solid team that is constantly trying to win. On top of that, we have GREAT FANS!! I hope this answers the question. NO other team combined all of this.

General, we are prettty simple people too. We like to have folks in charge who love the club and we like to win. We know the latter won't always happen but as long as we have the former we will be with you through good and bad (not that I see that in the future!). Thank you and Randy for rescuing us in our hour of need, you will never regret the day you did.

I'm also glad you have a suitable legend against your posting-name now.

General, being a military man myself I knew all about you before you came anywhere near this great club and was in awe of you and what you achieved then, so now to see you here chatting to us humble fans is so refreshing after dealing with the last regime its untrue, Im over the moon at the changes already in such a short space of time have made to our club...

With Randy , yourself and the manager + some transfer kitty :) we cant fail...