General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

4. Lights on the pitch at night....not a bad idea!!! Thanks.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

:clap: Thanks :clap:

Perhaps I can have a plaque in the resteraunt saying "The lights - that was Digsby's idea" :lol:

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic news about the William Mcgregor Statue, i actually said YES out loud. Also, guys stop harassing the General about buying players.. how many times do you want him to repeat that it is down to MON and that the Board will back his decisions?!

Keep up the hard work General.. you can see how it´s appreciated. The cancer has finally been removed from OUR club and the antidote is now in place.

That's great news too. His legacy was not just to Villa, but the football world as a whole. Perhaps the FA, can assist in fundingat the statue as a way of thanking him for the powers that be having highly paid jobs at Lancaster Gate. :lol:

Seriously, I know the Trust had some preliminary work reagding the statue. Since the Takeover, I'm not sure if the people that used to be involved with are still looking for funding.

Considering that one of Aston Villa's founders was William McGregor and it was he who was instrumental in the founding of the Football League perhaps there is some virtue in the concept of establishing the "Football Hall of Fame" at Villa Park itself or somewhere close by? It is my understanding that AVFC still has properties nearby that were not sold off by the previous ownership. Could these be used in such a venture ?

Villa Park has long been a famous host of international matches, and semi finals for the F.A. Cup in addition to being the home of England's most important founding team.

What better place for such a venue? We are centrally located in the UK and host the NEC and International transport hubs ? Why Not ?

Pretty certain that this already exists at Preston's ground, Deepdale

It does, there was talk of being located at VP for the obvious logical reason but guess who didnt appear to want anything to do with it?

pitch lit up in some way. It would make a dramatic back-drop for those eating in the evening, and it seems such a waste of a great USP.

And such a great waste of electricity, with all this talk of carbon emissions and all that we wouldn't be setting the best example!

I love Bicks' idea of the AV floodlights back though, it was something I considered posting myself, we might struggle with planning permission and I'm not sure how it would work with the new stands (I assume they were free standing before but I've only ever seen photos) but if it was possible its a great idea.

but I can tell you that we will have a statue of Wlliam McGregor at our Park!! You can count on that!! Plus, we will have a museum that will honor the greats of our past

8)

Absolutely fantastic.

Thankyou.

Can I just echo John's views on this

pitch lit up in some way. It would make a dramatic back-drop for those eating in the evening, and it seems such a waste of a great USP.

And such a great waste of electricity, with all this talk of carbon emissions and all that we wouldn't be setting the best example!

I love Bicks' idea of the AV floodlights back though, it was something I considered posting myself, we might struggle with planning permission and I'm not sure how it would work with the new stands (I assume they were free standing before but I've only ever seen photos) but if it was possible its a great idea.

I'm not talking about lighting it full time each and every night.

It wouldnt take much to light the 3 stands when the resteraunt is open in the evenings - plus, The General has already said its a good idea, so there!!!

General Krulak here:

A couple of quick answers:

1. Re. Scandinavia: Several weeks ago I was at the Villa Park reception area and saw a family of 5...with a young lad in a wheelchair. The family was from Trondheim, Norway and were avid Villa Fans. They try to make the trip once a year and were just at the park early to let the children feel the atmosphere. The young lad in the wheelchair had never been on the pitch so we arranged for the whole family to go down onto the pitch...and after the game, took them in to see Martin and the Team. They all got autographs and by the time they were ready to leave, all of the family were in tears. The point here is not that the family was taken care of by YOUR Club but that this wonderful family, with handicapped child, loved Villa enough to come all the way from Norway to see a game. SO, when you read about someone from Scandinavia that is a Villa Fan, salute them!! Just like fans all over the world...they love YOUR Club and want to be a part of it. We are going to work very hard to make all our fans feel appreciated...because they are.

Fantastic stuff. Reading that made me proud to be a Villan.

It would be most appreciated if you could look into how to make it easier for fans from abroad to come to see the Villa. I'll try to make the trip at least twice a year now that we've replaced Ellis with Randy, and would love for there to be someone at the club designated to assist fans coming from around the world to see the Villa in action. I've been over a few times before and get by on my own, but many people may need some assitance when making the trip for the first time.

2. Football Hall of Fame. I am not sure how far we can or should go in that area but I can tell you that we will have a statue of Wlliam McGregor at our Park!! You can count on that!! Plus, we will have a museum that will honor the greats of our past.

Thank you. Just, thank you.

Post subject: Posted: Nov 07, 2006 - 02:50 PM

crossman wrote:

Quote:

Considering that one of Aston Villa's founders was William McGregor and it was he who was instrumental in the founding of the Football League perhaps there is some virtue in the concept of establishing the "Football Hall of Fame" at Villa Park itself or somewhere close by? It is my understanding that AVFC still has properties nearby that were not sold off by the previous ownership. Could these be used in such a venture ?

Villa Park has long been a famous host of international matches, and semi finals for the F.A. Cup in addition to being the home of England's most important founding team.

What better place for such a venue? We are centrally located in the UK and host the NEC and International transport hubs ? Why Not ?

Pretty certain that this already exists at Preston's ground, Deepdale

It does, there was talk of being located at VP for the obvious logical reason but guess who didnt appear to want anything to do with it?

What a missed opportunity. No offense, but who'd want to go to Preston if they could avoid it?? And it's not the sort of place you just happen to be passing through very often is it! Maybe we could ask them to 'move the footy hall of fame franchise' down to Villa Park?? :lol:

General,

Witton Railway Station is where loads of fans come in to when travelling from Birmingham and the rest of the country. Its very grotty and there is no reference to the football club which looms large in the background.

It would be fantastic if there was a reference to the stadium/club as fans entered the area - look at what has been done to the inidividual stations in the London Underground. Some sort of timeline, montage or colour coding would really add to the station.

The bridge which accompanies the stadium is painted in the clubs colours but needs a bit of renovation and a new lick of paint, too. I understand this may be Railtrack/whoever's repsonsibility now but it would really add to the atmosphere for fans and visiting fans alike.

This thread never seems to bore me, keep checking back to see if the General has given any more responses to things. Its amazing that he must sit at his desk or wherever and think "Oh i will just log into Villa talk and see what they are saying" Madness but i like it!! Really really impressed with the idea of a McGregor statue as well. The old McGregor restaurant had such character the one in the new stand could be anywhere in the world so this is a fitting tribute to the man!

General,

Witton Railway Station is where loads of fans come in to when travelling from Birmingham and the rest of the country. Its very grotty and there is no reference to the football club which looms large in the background.

It would be fantastic if there was a reference to the stadium/club as fans entered the area - look at what has been done to the inidividual stations in the London Underground. Some sort of timeline, montage or colour coding would really add to the station.

The bridge which accompanies the stadium is painted in the clubs colours but needs a bit of renovation and a new lick of paint, too. I understand this may be Railtrack/whoever's repsonsibility now but it would really add to the atmosphere for fans and visiting fans alike.

Agree 100% would look really good and really make a statement to visiting fans and also on non match days to the local community. Excellent idea.

I'm not talking about lighting it full time each and every night.

It wouldnt take much to light the 3 stands when the resteraunt is open in the evenings - plus, The General has already said its a good idea, so there!!!

He's American! He probably drives a hummer just to go to the corner shop :winkold: (or whatever the American equivalent of a corner shop is, the kwik-e-mart :D)

This sounds crazy but i keep thinking "I wish all the Generals Posts were in one easy to find and update place" as they are such important posts. Saves me wondering if I´m missed something!

Or perhaps click on his profile and then go to the option, see all posts by C-Krulak!

That's what I do!

General,

Thats a great idea :nod:

This sounds crazy but i keep thinking "I wish all the Generals Posts were in one easy to find and update place" as they are such important posts. Saves me wondering if I´m missed something!

All you have to do is click on his username to see what he posted and when.