General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Isnt it a bit impractical with respect to public transport to have reserve / womens / any other public admitance games at Bodymoor Heath as the public transport system doesn't exactly serve it that well - be a right pain for a lot of people that want to go to get there I'd have thought. Attending a game shouldn't have to be like an episode of a Japanese game show

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isnt it a bit impractical with respect to public transport to have reserve / womens / any other public admitance games at Bodymoor Heath as the public transport system doesn't exactly serve it that well - be a right pain for a lot of people that want to go to get there I'd have thought. Attending a game shouldn't have to be like an episode of a Japanese game show

True , hadnt thought about that. Oppositions fans would be completly screwed trying to find the place

While I realize that you, a military man of the American South, and I, a pacifist progressive liberal from Scandinavia, may well have our differences on the subject, I'd just like to say it is fantastic to have such an influental man on our board.

You and mr. Lerner are sending out all the right signals, and I firmly believe you are the right men in the right place. Added to the wisdom of Martin O'Neill, the club couldn't possibly be in better hands.

One question, if you don't mind: Living miles and miles away from Villa Park in Oslo, Norway, travelling to the Villa takes a lot of planning and organizing. I would love for there to be some capacity at the club to help fans from abroad with arranging trips to Villa Park, perhaps even the possibility of purchasing package trips through the club. Is this something that you plan to look into in the future?

I live in Ireland and Villa have a good following over here thanks in no small part to a certain Mr McGrath. Package deals from the club would be fantastic. It can be a lot of hassle trying to arrange a weekend at the Villa although it is worth it!

Perhaps not at Bodymoor Heath then unless a shuttle bus service could run from the city centre for a small fee.

I don't know really, it would just be pretty cool to have a reserve stadium. It would set us apart from other teams and give the place more of a sense of unity!

Anyone had a PM off the General yet?

What a down to earth chap..... :winkold:

Can I just say that that isn't a request for everyone to now PM him.... please respect that he is on the site despite obviously being a very busy man. And we should all just be thankful for that.

Anyone had a PM off the General yet?

What a down to earth chap..... :winkold:

Can I just say that that isn't a request for everyone to now PM him.... please respect that he is on the site despite obviously being a very busy man. And we should all just be thankful for that.

I can see someone's PM box being full now....whoops! :oops:

I live in Ireland and Villa have a good following over here thanks in no small part to a certain Mr McGrath. Package deals from the club would be fantastic. It can be a lot of hassle trying to arrange a weekend at the Villa although it is worth it!

brilliant idea. there is a big villa following over here, probably the 4th biggest following after man u, l'pool and arsenal. i only get over about once a year but would love to make that way more often and i think there's be a good crowd in a similar position.

and besides irish people are about 5 times louder than anyone else, UTV!!!

brilliant idea. there is a big villa following over here, probably the 4th biggest following after man u, l'pool and arsenal. i only get over about once a year but would love to make that way more often and i think there's be a good crowd in a similar position.

Maybe opening a couple of Villa shops maybe good too , where people could book tickets and travel

Maybe opening a couple of Villa shops maybe good too , where people could book tickets and travel

Dublin Airport / Dublin City Centre is a couple of good locations - I went over there with my girlfriend in April, it is well linked with Birmingham due to the historical linkage (with Birmingham having such a large Irish community). I think Brum was one of the most frquent routes, so it would make sense!!

Dublin Airport / Dublin City Centre is a couple of good locations - I went over there with my girlfriend in April, it is well linked with Birmingham due to the historical linkage (with Birmingham having such a large Irish community). I think Brum was one of the most frquent routes, so it would make sense!!

We would want to be careful with something like that. The best thing to do would be to get on board with one of the sports shops over here like Lifestyle or one of the other Irish outlets, like Man. United have done with Champion sports and have a dedicated Villa section.

Man. United had a shop here a few years ago and the whole shop was an absolute flop, it closed after a year. The market is simply not big enough.......

Agree with you there Lom,But was it not the cost of having the Man U store right off O;Connells Bridge the reason it closed??

The Package deals-Flight & Game Ticket etc -sounds like a great idea tho.

Oh-Mr General- You are a Legend sir!

Agree with you there Lom,But was it not the cost of having the Man U store right off O;Connells Bridge the reason it closed??

Yeah that was one of the reasons alright, but now, about five years on, the rents have gone through the roof, so it doesn't make very good business sense.

The Package deal would be class, entice more people to get over more often...

Good on ye General, your doin a SUPER job....

Up the Villa!!

You will be very proud of the facility...it is going to be the best in the Country.

You know, that sort of thing is what I love to hear. Not just "The training ground is going to be improved", but it will be THE BEST IN THE COUNTRY. Exactly the attitude that will permeate through the club, right through (hopefully!) to the players. It's what we've needed for SO long.

I'm sure that the Chelsea/Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal axis have no idea what's coming up at them, but their days are numbered. The Villa are back, and we mean business.

Fantastic work, General - keep it up, we really appreciate it.

Mike

Yeah that was one of the reasons alright, but now, about five years on, the rents have gone through the roof, so it doesn't make very good business sense.

The Package deal would be class, entice more people to get over more often...

Good on ye General, your doin a SUPER job....

Up the Villa!!

yeh, there's not that much demand to warrant shops but the package idea would be a real goer. i think i'd nearly buy a season ticket if it was well organised.

General Krulak here:

A very tough loss. Not much to be said except that the Fans who made the trip were absolutely brilliant!!!! What more can be said about Fans who made the long trip and did not sit down...even when things were at their worst. I can tell you, Randy was so impressed with the Villa fans and what they meant to the team. You can imagine the dressing room...the loss was very hard to take but to take it in front of such magnificent fans...tough. This is a solid team and Martin is a tremendous Manager....we WILL get there!!! WE WILL!!!! Again, we have players who care and a Manager who will work magic...we just need to believe.

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

General Krulak here:

A very tough loss. Not much to be said except that the Fans who made the trip were absolutely brilliant!!!! What more can be said about Fans who made the long trip and did not sit down...even when things were at their worst. I can tell you, Randy was so impressed with the Villa fans and what they meant to the team. You can imagine the dressing room...the loss was very hard to take but to take it in front of such magnificent fans...tough. This is a solid team and Martin is a tremendous Manager....we WILL get there!!! WE WILL!!!! Again, we have players who care and a Manager who will work magic...we just need to believe.

We have played probably the best team in Europe tonight on their day. It's disappointing, but we will have forget this result tomorrow, as we now have HOPE.

Respect to the following tonight. They made us proud with their noise once again.

General Krulak here:

Amen to that!

I certainly do believe, but I am also realistic that we can't expect it to happen overnight and I hope this is the start of good things..

So thank you again for coming in and saying what you have.

Don't worry General, we're not the sort of fans who'll over-react to a result like this, this time last year I froze up at Doncaster where we lost 3-0, if you don't know about that night Doncaster are a side 2 divisions below us, up north, near where I live when I'm not ill. Anyway we took a good following up there that night (though nowhere near 6000 of course but we sold out the allocation) and again made a huge amount of noise, helped by the fact it was terracing. And we got humiliated, I've never been so embarassed to be a Villa fan. Tonight we were soundly beaten by one of the best sides in Europe, I can almost accept that, but that night in Doncaster was an absolute humiliation and hopefully the sort of night that is in the distant past now.

Also I hope you realise the morons who threw stuff from the crowd are in a total minority, it was 1 or 2 people out of 6000, and hopefully it won't make you regret the gesture, it was an awesome gesture, one which I would have loved to have taken advantage of but circumstances conspired against me. I hope you can identify these 'fans' and that their actions won't stop you from such action in future.

Have a good time in the States.