General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

1. Regarding MON. Again, I cannot read his mind and would not want to preempt him. He has NOT been offered the job and just the other day, in an interview, he stated he wanted to remain with Villa. I am not sure what more you would want from him...perhaps a blood oath? Let's face it...papers are sold and people listen to radios when there is controversy. In this case, even after both MON and Randy have spoken, there is still rumors and controversy. You all have been sucked into it. NOTHING has been offered...so there is NOTHING more to be done than has already been done. MON has made the VERY statement you all claim you want him to make. What more is it that you want??? There are going to be rumors, pressure, articles written, etc. etc. until a Manager change is made. NOTHING that MON does is going to squelch those rumors, pressure and articles...NOTHING. Quite the contrary, the more he says, the more it will be in the media. I don't know what the end game will be...neither does Randy or anyone else. MON knows how we feel about him and I think we know how MON feels about us. BUT, all any of us can do is speculate because NOTHING has happened. In my humble opinion, we are MAKING the story with our hysteria and concern. Let's just sit back and take MON at his word. PS: I am not at all pleased that MON, Randy or myself are lumped into "answering questions like politicians...avoiding a straight answer." I have read Randy's statements on the matter and they have been very clear and straightforward. I have read MON's comments...to include those of a day or so ago and he seemed very clear and straightforward. I have read my own posts and I have tried to be clear and straightforward...as someone who has no right to speak for either Randy or MON. All three of us have taken great pains to be upfront and honest with the Fans and the media...even when it has caused problems. We pride ourselves on our integrity and being linked to "avoiding straight answers" is not right.

2. sidsnose: livaramsey pretty much hit the nail on the head. There is a HUGE amount of money that goes into the coffers of teams such as the Red Sox and the Yankees. Gate receipts, TV, radio, endorsements, etc. etc. Additionally, the family that owns the Yankees have a nice bank account.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

It's unfortunate that the politician line was used, i'm not sure who it was but trust me, most of us have found your communication straighforward and honest.

Sadly, the links and hysteria surrounding O'Neill are being generated by the national press, with just about every sports correspondent of the national papers writing pieces calling for O'Neill to be offered the job last week, i'm not sure if you were aware of that. How much of a fuss we make about this is therefore largely irrelevant as the rumours will persist until there is a categoric denial of interest or the job is offered to someone else.

Sorry if there has been a categoric denial but i've yet to see one.

edit - I hope you also understand that we are used to interpreting quotes from players and managers on a daily basis and have also lost a manager doing well to the England post before. We see players leave who were 'committed' and not looking to leave and so on. Essentially, and rather regretably, it has become the case that anything other than a flat out "I will not leave for that job" is not deemed a denial.

Grant.

General

The difference is that when Martin made that statement the other day, England were still odds on to qualify for the European Championships, and still had a manager.

The situation now is totally different, in that England have not qualified and are looking for a new manager.

"I have a big commitment to Aston Villa" is not the same thing as "I do not want the England job".

Sam Allardyce and Alan Curbishley have said it in open terms, MON needs to do the same.

I reiterate - do it now that the job is available.

General,

Have you thought about putting yourself up for the England job?

With motivational skills that are clearly fantastic, and tactical skills from the army that I'm sure you can slightly alter for football, I think you've got to be the number one candidate!

;)

Re: MON - The General has made his thoughts clear on this. Please respect them and any postsasking the same questions as before will be pruned.

General

Nobody is questioning yours, randy's or MON'S intentions or honesty. The main problem is we ave had years of pure rubbish, long before you arrived we have been in the doldrums, and now we have a fantastic owner, fantastic directors and an unbelievable manager...its just being getting worried....thats all. No offence is being intended in any post and i really hope that you dont see it like that. UP THE VILLA GENERAL !!

General

Thanks for answering my question. I am glad you have been open and honest about this situation with regards to Randy and MON. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for the British press and as the days go by I can only see the pressure being mounted on us to release him.....

Regards

Richard

General, today is the one day of the year depite the current hysteria you should be taking a break from your Villa duties. Firstly I hope you avoided the temptation to indulge in the yearly back yard game of throwning around the pigskin at the Krulak residence you wouldn't want some over eager relative sacking you and putting your back into a worse state than it already is :)

Have a great Thanksgiving General, enjoy the Turkey, enjoy the trimmings and try to leave room for dessert. Finally wherever you are spending it I hope you have similar weather then me it's 68 degrees and sunny here on the outskirts of Philadelphia where I am watching my brother slaving in the kitchen as I sit comfortably on the couch with his kids.

General K,,,, you are an absolute legend,, you, Randy and Martin are going to patiently and calmly and quietly turn villa into one of the most successful clubs in the world. We are so lucky to have a team like you at the helm at villa, full of honour and integrity.

Once again I salute you !!!!

Happy Thankgiving Day to you, your family and Randy, and Randy's family.

Is the coaching staff good at developing players technique and technical skills for our players and young players as foreign players make us look poor with their skills. ie Croatia.

I noticed on Sky Sports, Cleveland Browns is not shown very often. Is this because Foxsports are not interested or what.

General, it seems like that the moderators do not like people asking perfectly reasonable questions. If reasonable questions are being censored then this is a very sad day for Aston Villa FC.

moderators do not prevent people asking sensible, reasonable questions to the General. We don't sensor even questions we think are not "sensible or reasonable" This forum provided by the moderators and with the huge input of the General is for exactly that purpose. Occasionally, where multiple posters ask an identical question, posts have been removed as duplicates. Whatever. ANy poster having a problem with the moderation should PM a moderator. Now please read the guidelines

MON's statement was made before McClaren was sacked. Therefore he will inevitably be linked with the England job unless he categorically says "I am not interested in the England manager's position and I will be staying at Aston Villa whether or not the FA approach me". Maybe he should not have to do that but the only way to stop the media speculation is to be totally unequivocal. Maybe it is my legal background, but saying "I am totally committed to Aston Villa" is only indicative of today, not next week or the week after, and I am afraid that is not enough to shut the press up.

As fans we pay our money so I cannot see why we cannot ask reasonable questions.

Gee, thanks for paying to help keep VT running and giving you this facility. The donate button is just to the left, obviously you say you've paid something to this site, but maybe other posters wanting to follow your lead may not have noticed it. Blandy

Gen

PM a mod if you've got a problem. There are multiple reminders and site guidlelines concerning this thread.Blandy

You know I respect you so it is not a personal dig, but I have to disagree with you on what MON has stated. At the present time, Allardyce has said (exact words) I am not interested in the position of England manager. Curbishley, Coppell and others have said virtually the same comment with slightly different words.

It is OK saying "the link is rubbish" but that is not saying "I do not want it". Until MON givesus this answer then I / many others / and more importantly the media are going to assume he does want it.

This will destroy our club. Take Scott Carson, it is clear MON wants him, it is clear he believes the club is going places and wants to sign. If he suddenly thinks MON may leave, he may think "hang on - I am not going to commit until I know what is happening here". Look what is happening at the Blues / carson Yeung fiasco.

General krulak here:

1. I am afraid I have reached the stage of simply saying that we should "agree to disagree." MON has let his feelings be known. Randy has let his feelings be known. We have someone post a statement that unless MON makes an even more emphatic statement than he has made to date ("rubbish" and "I want to stay at Villa") that it "will destroy our Club". With that kind of negative statement, there is not much more I can say. I disagree!! I have provided my rationale on several occasions....I can do no more than that. MON is an honourable man and someone who I have faith in. I will let this play out and, hopefully, the majority of you will do the same.