General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

Following hearing the complaint made by Manure regarding the illegal aproaches made to Ronaldo by Real Madrid on Talksport I thought they sounded very petty and painted a picture of either a spoilt brat crying to their mommy or a "small club". It was quite cringeworthy.

Following your earlier comments on the thread regarding Gareth Barry, I do hope we haven't gone whining aswell!

I think on this matter to turn the other cheek and continue to rise above Liverpool both metaphorically and literally would be (and hopefully is) by far the better route to take.

Here's hoping Gareth Barry isn't their missing link and hoping whichever way this goes iit is the continuation of building foundations that are being built with style and class!

Be good!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General

I have sent many emails to Villa and am yet to have a response regarding this mater so I would be grateful if you could answer. Before the home games, especially on a Saturday at 3pm, why dont you show, and even advertise showing the game that is a kick off at 12.45? Surely this would help generate income by getting people into the ground early other than going to the local pub to watch the game.

I know that part of the game is shown, however, myself and some friends went to the ground early to watch Man U v Arsenal a while back, at 1-1 at the game was switched off in the concorse after 70 minutes and just advertising was shown which has happened on a couple of occasions, and all the advertising was of the company that provide the entertainment on the screens, promoting how they supply the content to other clubs in the Premier League, whats the point in that?

Thanks

General....Gareth Barry. We all appreciate the efforts the club are making behind the scenes but SURELY there must be an end in sight? Most of us already fear the worst so all the club can do now is confirm what we already believe is true.

Put us out of our misery!

Well after the comments to his agent it just keeps looking more and more likely. Hopefully the club and Barry put us out of our misery soon...I don't think any of us really believe any more that he is going to stay.

Just get a good deal for him, stop putting anything about him on our website..and get this over with. Disappointing.

General,

If Barry wants to leave Villa, surely it is difficult for Villa to 'put us out of our misery soon', until a bid, acceptable to MON, has be made by another club? Do you think we should accept a low bid just to get it over with or wait a few weeks and get closer to what Barry is really worth?

I know you don't comment directly on transfers, so the questions above may end up as a statement (such as the recent comments on this thread), but it would be interesting to read your opinion on financial negotiations. Have you ever sold anything at significantly lower than its true value just so you can move on in life?

General,

I have tried to keep myself from commenting on the Gareth Barry saga, but it has got to the stage where regardless of yours and Randy's very sincere principles, the club is starting to look like mugs over the whole thing. Now, I am not demanding that you suddenly change your stance, but with GB's agent now in the press, the bandwagon is clearly shifting and the media are forcing the issue.

You can see that Man Utd have lost no credibility in reporting Real Madrid to Fifa, quite the opposite in my opinion, they have probably earned more respect for standing up against the machine. We need to show a hand general, whatever size, shape or form that is - unless of course we are resigned to him going that is!!! Liverpool have broken the rules and if they aren't there to be abided by then what is the point at all?

Please General, for our future say something. If not to the media then to us! I am resigned to the fact that he is probably going, but to lose him like this shouts small fry to me!

Jon

Hello General,

I was just looking at the photos of the Trinity Road Development on the website. I was under the impression that the work was all internal, but I noticed the scaffolding. What is the scaffolding for? Will there be some external work done as well, and if so, what kind?

Thank you

General it seem we will lose Barry,

But if he goes for anything less than £15million it is an embarassment, we should be lookin at £18million minimum based on similar players transfers (Carrick)

Mr KrulaK we have not had the privilage before...however, i would like to wholeheartedly agree with the above....Aston Villa was here long before Gareth Barry and will remain long after...anyway back to my point, micheal carrick 17mil owen hargreaves 18.6 mil. why, when GB is being chosen ahead of these two champions league winners, for the national side are we asked to sell GB for such a nominal fee(15mil i believe)........owen hargreaves fought Bayern Muncih for over a year to get transferred to Man U, and only then did he go for top dollar.

Spurs also, did not cower to Man Utds, going to the press to bully them into the capture of Carrick...therefore should GB go....he should go when it is convenient to AVFC and only then, and at the current market value, which going by this evidence should exceed their two prices.

Liverpool paid 18mil for ,mascherano and are trying to sell Alonso for more than what they are offering for our skipper!!!!

i personally hope we do not do business with them until they learn to deal with football clubs in the manner which you gentleman do ours.

Hey General,

First I wanted to thank you for giving us supporters the chance to speak to somebody in your position, I doubt many clubs give thier supporters this opportunity (big clubs anyway).

Also I wanted to ask, who do you think will win Euro 2008?

And please urge Martin O'Neill to sign Rafael Van Der Vaart!

Thank you.

General

How do you, Mon and Randy feel about the public comments made by Gareth Barrys agent today ? Not so much asking from a will he / won't he go point of view, but more from a, were you all expecting it, or has it angered you all that the players representitive has decided to make things public ? And does it affect our position should a deal be done?

Also, regarding transfers, do you know all the players we are targeting, or are you brought into the loop as and when negotiations begin. (not asking who is on that list by the way, just interested at how it works. though if you want to let slip who we are after im sure we would all forgive you ;-)

General

I know there are quite a few comments regarding Barry, but i would like to praise MON and the Board, in there stance to Liverpool. You have conducted yourselves with dignity and not stooped to the low level, underhand tactics of Liverpool FC. Its a shame that this happens in Football and it always seems to be the "top" 4 clubs who seem to be doing it. Keep Up the Good Work.

General, can you please confirm the clubs stance on Gareth Barry, now it's rumoured that the club have made an official statement?

Would second a comment on this report from Sky quoting an official statement from Villa about Gareth Barry.

General,

Great to be able to have contact with a Board member!

Re Gareth Barry, as he has stated on more than one occasion that any decision is not about money, if he does leave to go to Scouseland, can we ensure that any extra pay he receives from Liverpool will be donated on a weekly basis to the Acorns charity as a gesture of goodwill to all the loyal Villa fans that stood by him. This will confirm to all of the Villa fans that the move really was nothing to do with money!! (make sure he signs for gift aid as 40% tax relief can be added!!)

General,

I think it is about time we were told what is happening at our club as the reports show our Captain has decided to leave for our Rivals, making them a stronger team and weakening ours.

I think its time the club advised the Fans , what their intentions are for us and where our future lies. As it seems the Club are not matching our Captains ambitions of Champions League football.

For our Captain to leave to join a club still under tumoil with regard to the Board arguments, this really does show me that we have no ambitions as a club to challenge the Top4.

We are miles behind even Spurs at the moment and it pains me to say we will struggle to get any players to join us.

I cannot see how this shows as an example to the other players in the squad, next season if Ashley has another good one, are we going to let him join Liverpool as they are on the lookout for a Winger!!!!!

Who next after him, I must say I am really really dissapointed in the whole situation at the moment.

General,

I wanted to ask you about the website - apparently Villa have released a statement confirming Barry has asked the manager to leave the club but we are still declining the offer. This isn't reflected on the news section of the website. Is this because we haven't made a statement, or because the news section isn't up to date (it should be!)

Thanks!

Andy

General,

A few questions from me:

1) Holte Hotel pre-match - Will the club continue with the invites next season ? We have three season tickets and have had two of them for decades however neither myself, my mum or my gran have ever been invited in before a game.

2) Bodymoor Heath - I've seen you state that groups of people cannot get to look around. What does one have to do to get an individual invite/appointment to look around ?

3) Refernce this comment :

General,

I think it is about time we were told what is happening at our club as the reports show our Captain has decided to leave for our Rivals, making them a stronger team and weakening ours.

I think its time the club advised the Fans , what their intentions are for us and where our future lies. As it seems the Club are not matching our Captains ambitions of Champions League football.

For our Captain to leave to join a club still under tumoil with regard to the Board arguments, this really does show me that we have no ambitions as a club to challenge the Top4.

We are miles behind even Spurs at the moment and it pains me to say we will struggle to get any players to join us.

I cannot see how this shows as an example to the other players in the squad, next season if Ashley has another good one, are we going to let him join Liverpool as they are on the lookout for a Winger!!!!!

Who next after him, I must say I am really really dissapointed in the whole situation at the moment.

My question is "Do you skip over comments like the one above now or do they still get to you ?"

Personally I just take them with a pinch of salt and I think you should too. You've stated on a number of occasions the club's aim is CL football and I for one believe you.

Gareth Barry has stated he wants to play CL football NOW, Aston Villa can't offer him that so if that's his true reason for leaving then AVFC couldn't do anything more to keep him.

As for us being miles behind Spurs ?!?! :?

Keep up the good work General.

UTV

RG

General

If Barry is going I hope that we get a replacement before we let him go or we will be like a general who lets his troops go on leave with out the replacement troops being in place.

I believe MON is very good at motivating players but I am not convinced that is is much good at signing the class of players we require to make the next step up. Stop buying from the charity shop and go to atleast M&S if not Harrods