General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question I've thought of about the 25 year celebration. Does the club foresee any problems in getting permission for Nigel Spink (the goalkeeper on the night) to attend the celebration bearing in mind he is now employed by hated local rival Birimingham City? At the very least it will be an interesting conversation with Messrs Sullivan & Gold :lol:

Just a question I've thought of about the 25 year celebration. Does the club foresee any problems in getting permission for Nigel Spink (the goalkeeper on the night) to attend the celebration bearing in mind he is now employed by hated local rival Birimingham City? At the very least it will be an interesting conversation with Messrs Sullivan & Gold

Well seeing as he's allowed to play for Villa's Old Stars and Masters teams, I doubt there'd be too much of a problem...

General Krulak here:

1. What have I learned from the fans? Well, I sure have learned a good deal about how to speak English!!! I will NEVER mention "championship" again. I have learned about the depth and passion the fans have for the Club. I have learned how skeptical some folks can be when they have not had much to look forward to...but, also, how trusting they can be once they see "action." I learned to always say "kick their butts" and never say 'kick their fannies." I have learned that AVFC fans love their team.

2. Redevelopment of North Stand. The long range plan (or our current vision) would have a major piece of work done...to include a major restructuring of both inside and out...expanding capacity and fuctionality. It would be nice to eventually have a brand new store in the stand...a mega-store capability.

3. The new kit design will be like everything else...some will absolutely love it, others will not. We have certainly figured that one out...we can't please everyone all the time.

4. The 25th Anniversary should have every player attending at least one activity. As it stands right now, we have players coming all the way from Australia...and Canada. Randy is paying the entire bill...travel, lodging, food, etc. We hope to have every single person associated with the Team...to include physios...out on the Pitch with the Cup raised over their heads!!

5. Area 51. I am afraid that if I told you the answer to that question, I would have to kill each of you. I will say that I have not seen an Alien since I was scoooped up about 27 years ago. Unfortunately, none of the aliens I saw looked like they could play football...all of them walked on their hands!!! Talk about 'hand ball"...penalty kicks all the time.

General you say you dont like to wear a suit and tie to watch the game , most clubs in this country have an "us and them" feel with corporate hospitality members and the average fan on the stands being very seperate with hospitality members having strict suit and tie dress codes etc, will this be something you will do away with at Villa park for next season so that all fans are equal, maybe even opening up hospitality areas to the everyday fan instead of having memberships etc?

4. The 25th Anniversary should have every player attending at least one activity. As it stands right now, we have players coming all the way from Australia...and Canada. Randy is paying the entire bill...travel, lodging, food, etc. We hope to have every single person associated with the Team...to include physios...out on the Pitch with the Cup raised over their heads!!

Fantastic :hooray:

General, you may not have read this but the Chairman of some other small club in Birmingham said the following

Sullivan envisages his new-look Blues will also play in an arena befitting the team's talents - the proposed City of Birmingham Stadium.

He said: "The City Council have said they are committed to build a stadium to hold major events.

"It wouldn't be built for at least five years but things are happening now and a decision may be made in the next six months. That will bring a completely different feel to the club.

"And if the World Cup comes to England in 2018 there will be matches at the City of Birmingham Stadium.

"Games will be played at big grounds such as Manchester United, Newcastle and Arsenal.

"Our capacity would be 55,000, so we'd should stage some. Villa Park won't be big enough, though!'

As he seems to be trying to squeeze money out of the local authority to fund their 'council house' stadium have you or Richard made any contact with the council in an attempt to 'trump' that little club down the road?

If Villa Park is developed as we know it will be WHY would the council want to build another?

I think he is trying to remind potential investors that they may get a new stadium for free from the council to try and get the value of his shit club up. I don't think the council will go for it anyway because they keep going on about the Commonwealth Games but Manchester got it in 2002 and Glasgow will probably get it in 2014 so no chance of Brum getting it until 2022 or 2026, thats a bloody long time!

Great news about the 25th anniversary General, needless to say I'm very excited. Who is coming from Australia though? Has Peter Withe relocated after losing the Indonesia or Singapore job?

General,

With no first team games going on it's very very quiet at the moment, and I was wondering, would it be possible for you get a player to answer some questions from us if we were to e-mail them ?

I know it's difficult with first team players as they have all sorts of complicated commercial arrangements, but maybe somebody from the reserves or youth team, just so that we can get a flavour of what it's like growing up at Villa.

Maybe Marc Albrighton, or site favourite Barry Bannan might answer our questions ?

Back again to the North Stand, hope this isn't getting too boring! Will it not cost more money to adapt the stand? I would have thought starting from scratch would be cheaper. It certainly works that way in house development - unless you start with something special - and THAT stand unfortunately is not!

I second your call Swetcorn.

General, it would be great to be informed of any plans that might be in the brewing, early designs, statistics etc. It wouldn't aid as just another motivational offering for the fans, but it would make a lovely talking point for all on here. I understand that there is only so much that can be said in the early stages of planning, but anything would be a great start.

Also, would the recent news by Sullivan prompt a rethink in design of any redevelopments of the north stand? He is talking about blues getting a purpose built facility which would also represent Birmingham if the World Cup came here as their capacity would be higher and the facilities better than VP! As a Villa fan I for one wouldn't want to see that happen, we are the top club in Birmingham and things have to stay that way. In sight of this and knowing that Randy financed the new stadium for the Browns after he took over form his Dad, has a new build been discussed for us within the next 10 years?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, cheers

General,

Great news about the 25th Anniversary celebrations. I think seeing everyone involved on the pitch with the European Cup raised will result in not one dry eye in the house.

And love the idea of a Mega store within the future, restructured North Stand. The one at Old Trafford looks pure class. If I can ask/suggest. Please let's not have it daubed in Claret and Blue all over the exterior. THe current Club shop at the ground just looks, dare I say, a bit common.

General Krulak here:

Just back from a two day meeting with Randy and the Board of Directors. Lots of good discussions over most of the issues that have been posted on the web site...ticketing, new construction, marketing and sales, path forward w/regard to our ultimate goal, etc. etc. I can assure you that 99% of the issues you have raised over the past couple of months were aired at this meeting. It was a roll up your sleeves affair...not just a bunch of folks sitting around listening to BS. This was good planning led by our Chairman. We have a long way to go but we are definitely all on the same sheet of music and feel very positive about the advances made to date.

With regard to a new stadium for the lads down the road. We don't pay much attention to what comes out of that location. We have enough on our plate to bother about them. What I can tell you is that we are in constant contact with the Council and will not encounter any "surprises."

Hall of Fame days...good idea.

When the North Stand is completed, it will not be a "refurbishment"...it will be a major effort.

General,

I know you've mentioned elsewhere that we're going to be pretty happy when we see next seasons ticketing policy. Can you tell us when details will be released ?

It's great to hear that the relationship with the council has improved, it hasn't always been a positive one.

We look like we're becoming one of the best run, best prepared teams in the Premiership, please pass on our thanks and good wishes to everyone that was around that table with you.

Remember though, as a great man once said :

Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.

General,

With no first team games going on it's very very quiet at the moment, and I was wondering, would it be possible for you get a player to answer some questions from us if we were to e-mail them ?

Definately give thumbs up to that idea. A few players have done their bit for the media (but lets not venture into Kevin Nolan's 'exhillerating' articles), but I would love to see someone go one step further and converse with the fans.

Go for it General !!