General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

Hopefully everyone is beginning to see that there is a plan...that Randy and Martin do work together and work together very well. We have a LONG way to go...we understand that. We NEVER promised miracles...or overnight fixes. What we said is that we, like YOU, are Villa through and through and that we want to restore the history and tradition of the great Club. We need the fans to stick with us...to come to the games and support Martin and the team.

How do all the folks at Villa Park and Bodymoor heath feel? We feel energized, optimistic, proud, excited, cautious to not get too "over the moon", careful, we feel like a team!!!

The words we and team really do sum up the future for us all .

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. Since you didn't set a time limit on "new signings", I can guarantee you that there will be new signings!! When is a different question.

2. I am not sure how many US Forces are currently in the UK...but ALL the Marines are now Villa Fans!!!

Ditto - I've been at Direct Line in Croydon for about 4.5 years. Surrounded by Chelsea and Arsenal fans.

Most of them couldnt even recall we'd won the European cup. They all now know the answer. Indeed, i am known as "The" Villa fan, and they all provide me with some small measure of respect as I wear my scarf most days with pride, even after a routine hammering by Man United.

However, we are actually emerging on the radar. People now talk to me about how we got on at the weekend, did I go, mentioning our transfers, our new manager. Heck, one of our clerical ladies came rushing over and handed me a couple of programs from when we played Fulham and Charlton last season as she gets given themin the pub "Knew I was a Villa fan and might be interested".

I think what I am saying is despite having a poor run, we are now begining to raise the profile of the club to those immendately outside the environs of the club itself. That can only mean greater chances for publicity and promotion in the future. And its a bright one.

Thankyou.

Hi General,

This is my first time to post and I just want to say thank you so much for everything. There is so much optimism now it really is so different than the negativity of the last few years.

I am an Irish guy and am villa through and through...always have been. I have been slated for this by most of my friends for years and years but it really feels like we're turning a corner now and we have the new regime to thank for that.

Martin O'Neill was my dream choice for manager and I really couldn't believe it when we got him. I know he will make us great again.

Just wanted to say thank you for everything and please pass the fans thanks on to the rest of the board.

Hi General

I don't post a lot on this site, prefer to sit back and read the discussions/debates/arguments.

However I felt I needed to let you know how much I appreciate what you, Randy, Martin and the new board have, and are doing for my/our football club.

The new regime has been a breath of fresh air, and you have re-ignited my passion for this club so much that you have turned a fan who only got to games a couple of times a year, into a season ticket holder (I even managed to persuade my Mrs to get one too!).

I'm sure that the clubs positive attitude. which has been nothing short of amazing given the short timespan, will win over many more stay away fans given time, and that Villa Park will once more become a ground other teams fear, for the team and the support.

Up the Villa

Ashley Young: "With the new training facilities and the investment in the team, there the ambition to be a top-six club and I believe that's what we can be".

I referred to this quote over on the AY thread, but thought it was worth mentioning here as a nod to the General and the rest of the Board.

Note the reference to the training facilities. Payback already. Well done fellas.

Mike

General Krulak here:

As I have mentioned before, I do believe that having a world class training facility is VERY important to players...both on the Team and those who we would like to come to the Team. The training ground is where the players come to work everyday. If they come to work in a world class facility, they begin to believe that the Club is world class...or that is the goal. All of this feeds on itself. The training ground is not the ONLY thing, but it is important.

General, first time i've posted on this thread... like many others just wanted to thank-you for everything you're doing for our club. If only you'd have seen this place over the last 2-3 years (maybe you did!??!?) then you'd realise what a change you have made. I didn't renew my season ticket at the start of the season, i'm not afraid to admit that i was annoyed, pissed off and lost interest in this great club. You guys came in and i was sceptical so thought i'd hold fire. I've attended odd games here and there and despite things not always going our way, know that the tide is turning. 3 of the lads who had season tickets with me went travelling for a year (leaving depressed about the state of the club...) but even in the messages i get about things there is an optimistic outlook, to the extent that we've decided to renew our season tickets next year, jump on the band wagon after a year out.

Thanks again, and up the Villa!!

PS: Do you, Martin and Randy walk on water??

General

You really are a Villa legend. To respond to myb in the way you have is attention to detail in the highest way possible. I thankyou and Mr Lerner and the boys in the boardroom from the bottom of my heart.

With the current influx of migrants it might be possible to increase a fan base by looking into expanding support. I know a few migrants who see the Villa, and a few more that look into setting up trips for non local football fans (not necc. Villa fans...you see my point???).

Maybe it is something to look into, especially with the possibilities available in increasing international reputation, and fan base/links.

Obviously there is much happening at Villa Park, and priorities need to be in order but maybe this is a way to increase and reach capacity?

General...over to you! And the rest of you opinionated sirs ;)

Hi General

I just wanted to thank the new regime for the way in which our activitiy in the transfer market is now being conducted.

Previously it was all a bit of a circus. I have to say I expected an air of professionalism when the time came and I have not been disappointed.

I frankly do not want to hear rumour, statements and counter claims in the press. I would rather not hear anything from the club until the deal is done. This is the way it should be and shows the world that we are a proper businesslike club.

Oh, and thanks for investing the money as well!

Generaal Krulak here:

1. Interesting thoughts on migrants.

2. I get to Bodymoor everytime I am in UK...and yes, I do watch the team practice. I think the two new lads are great signings and will make a difference. Obviously they will need some time to get into Martin's scheme...but knowing Martin, that won't take too long.