Why Lambert will be a Success

smetrov

From the Birmingham Post :-

"Lambert, who has barely taken a day off since his appointment in early June,"

If we get that level of commitment running through the club - it can only be good news. I know people compare him to MON - but he reminds me of Graham Taylor way back in 87

Good luck Lambo

It would be quite unusual for someone to take time off in the first month of a new job that is effectively a promotion, wouldn't it?

While I certainly hope and believe Lambo will be a success, I'm mot sure this is enough to guarantee it. :winkold:

It would be quite unusual for someone to take time off in the first month of a new job that is effectivelly a promotion, wouldn't it?

While I certainly hope and believe Lambo will be a success, I'm mot sure this is enough to guarantee it. :winkold:

Well there was one one manager - who had other priorities on agreeing to become boss.

I just like his approach - it feels right to me.

If we get that level of commitment running through the club - it can only be good news. I know people compare him to MON - but he reminds me of Graham Taylor way back in 87

I think there is possibly something in this comparison. Not in terms of style of play but in that he feels like the right man at the right time. A perfect fit and exactly what is required.

The comparisons to when Taylor left Watford who were a club at that time a division higher than us to Lambert who left a club doing very well and that finished higher than us last season are quite similar.

Taylor at that time saw what a massive opportunity it was to come to a much bigger club that having just been relegated was under achieving big time. Now whilst we were not relegated last season we were extremely fortunate not to have been.

Lambert like Taylor in 1987 is a young manager who has cut his teeth and done exceptionally well at smaller clubs. You get the feeling with Lambert that he has something about him, a great belief in his own ability, a real passion for the game and the job he does, will not tolerate under achievers and will grab this club by the scruff of the neck, get the best out of each and every player and get this great club as a whole believing in itself again.

What Taylor achieved taking us from the 2nd tier, and a total shambles from top to bottom, to finishing 2nd in the top flight with in 3 years was nothing short of a minor miracle. I'm not sure Lambert can get anything close to that kind of turnaround but it won't be for the lack of trying and I have a feeling he'll do something special with us and at the very least get us back competing amongst the top 6 over the next 2 -3 years.

When it was all going pear-shaped for Villas-Boas at Chelsea, he stopped going home all together. He slept in his office at the training ground and got up early in the morning to pore over statistics and tactical plans, so as to be ready to bombard the increasingly bemused and truculent players with all this info when they came in for training (presumably a lot later).

So obsessive attendance at work is not necessarily a good sign.

My initial impression of Lambert is that, while being very determined and focused, he is quite a measured and balanced person who can probably keep his footballing life in perspective. Don't know why I think that, it's just vibes you pick up from people.

I hope he can get holidays like the rest of us.

My initial impression of Lambert is that, while being very determined and focused, he is quite a measured and balanced person who can probably keep his footballing life in perspective. Don't know why I think that, it's just vibes you pick up from people.

Well well, mister "I demand evidence to back up that statement" :P

Well well, mister "I demand evidence to back up that statement" :P

:crylaugh:

You all seem to assume the trio will replicate what happened at Norwich. ..our side took 3 years to build with a few bad signings by Lambert slung in for for good measures.

We went 5 winless games on the trot last season, have you the patience to handle that?

Judging by your treatment melted out to your former manager at our place you clearly haven't.

You all seem to assume the trio will replicate what happened at Norwich. ..our side took 3 years to build with a few bad signings by Lambert slung in for for good measures.

We went 5 winless games on the trot last season, have you the patience to handle that?

Judging by your treatment melted out to your former manager at our place you clearly haven't.

Melted out? 5 winless? Luxury. Iirc our longest run under our former manager was 17 games. Ha! Beat that!

hmmm being a resident of the fine city of Norwich myself I seem to remember Norwich fans treating a certain Brian Gunn similarly as to how we were with Mcleish. Gunn was a Canaries legend yet you lot still gave him what for. Fair dues Mcleish never had it easy coming from the other place but that was never the main issue, he was given a chance by the majority, his poor tactics, signings and shocking football was the problem. Thats what happens in football, don't try and label Villa fans as any less patient or less forgiving than others, think you'll find fans of all clubs would be the same in the circumstances of those two managers.

That would perhaps not be the best evidence to use to make a judgement. More realistically, in MO'N's first season we went, I think, 14 games without a win and he remained firmly supported and backed by the fans throughout.

Norwich fans, Villa fans. No different.

No wonder he has not had a day off yet.He has been a manager for a while and he knows what he is doing BUT he is the new boy at VP and has a lot of catching up to do.Also you can probably guess what sort of a mess AMC left the club in.

On the flip-side our treatment melted out to your former manager at your place worked out pretty well. :)

Â