Why Lambert will be a Success

smetrov

Shaken or stirred?

Andrew Stone ‏@andrewstone85

I'm loving everything about #AVFC right now. Stark contrast to last year.

Expand

Retweet

Favorite

1h TheAgent007 TheAgent007 ‏@TheAgent0071

@andrewstone85 And so you should be! Paul Lambert has surprisingly high expectations for your club! #AVFC

TheAgent007 ‏@TheAgent0071

I am astounded by hearing Paul Lambert's aspirations for Aston Villa Football Club. He is the real package! #AVFC #Excitingtimesahead

Also surprised to hear Lerner personally wanted Lambert last summer but was discouraged by other board members over Premier League experience. #AVFC

I get the impression Mr Lerner will walk barefoot over glass and fire for Lambert. #AVFC

You all seem to assume the trio will replicate what happened at Norwich. ..our side took 3 years to build with a few bad signings by Lambert slung in for for good measures.

We went 5 winless games on the trot last season, have you the patience to handle that?

Judging by your treatment melted out to your former manager at our place you clearly haven't.

are you stupid? We won something like 1/17. The football we played was dire and our manager was an ex blues manager. All were contributing factors to our dislike for our ex manager.

Also our squad is a significant improvement from Norwich's - it was no surprise that your team lost 5 in a row. Your squad didn't have the quality.

You know very little about Aston Villa fans and our "patience", so i suggest you don't comment ;)

There will inevitably be tricky situations or runs....usually is when you are in transition.

In all fairness, no one can be sure he will be success, too many factors to consider.

Gut feel, is usually what determines our early day assessment, my gut feel is this man will be good.

There are little elements that come together that insinute to me that he is informed.....and I feel he is more rounded than MON.

I'm not sure ruthless is a word that i would associate with a successful manager it can suggest conflict with out reason or rhyme, which can tend to rely on fear rather than nuturing a will to win/ mental strength which is intrinsic.

I prefer to see my manager as decisive and grounded with an inner strength of belief in his own ability, when he makes a rick keeps a composed manner and puts it right.

Paul Lambert suggests to me he will get more right than wrong.

You all seem to assume the trio will replicate what happened at Norwich. ..our side took 3 years to build with a few bad signings by Lambert slung in for for good measures.

We went 5 winless games on the trot last season, have you the patience to handle that?

Judging by your treatment melted out to your former manager at our place you clearly haven't.

il1jaw.gif

McLeish was probably the worst manager in Premier League history when he took Villa to Boorwich at the end of the season. Villa were in an unimaginably poor run of form - one that had seen us 11 points above the bottom three in mid-march yet fighting against it on the penultimate game of the season.

So, your point is?

I think he will be a success because he's tough & ruthless... not a man you want to cross.

And his ambitions are legendary.

I heard similar things mentioned about McLeish, takes no shit etc... And we all know how that ended up.

Not saying PL won't be a success, we will just have to wait and see.

Paul Lambert seems to be bringing in good footballers who all seem to have great work ethics (Which is why I think Holman will have a good chance with Lambert) So, in these very early days, he is looking great.

I agree, i am very pleased with what he has done and what he is saying in the media. Looks like he has made a plan and sticks with it. I am very impressed, gets in players early wich we arent very known for :)

I hope he will get time and patience because i really think he can get us places given some time to do his work :)

Looking forward to the next season now.

He's got them training today apparently, on a Saturday.. thats a first right?

I'm sure it will be - saw Mat Kendrick's tweet too.

Lambert really is shaking things up at AVFC.

Apparently heading for no less than the "Champions League with the right backing!"

Awesome!!

He's got them training today apparently, on a Saturday.. thats a first right?

Good, they've all had it too easy for too long

Let's see if any toys fly out of the pram over the next few weeks

James Nursey‏@JamesNursey

Early feedback on Lambert's reign at #AVFC is v strict and a disciplinarian. Think what club need to shake it up. Plenty of changes ahead.

Exactly what we need. All very promising at the moment.

Â