Why Lambert will be a Success

smetrov

I really doubt he wrote that himself. I might be cynical, but we have people for that and he does not have the time. As long as he puts his name on the bottom it will be a letter from him, as he agreed with what was written, but in no way did he sit down and type that himself.

I don't think anyone is saying he did write it, we all know we have a PR team for this kind of thing. Says all the right things, but every letter/email to the fans does.

Optamistic for the comming season and really looking forward to seeing where we are in a few years, but no more so after reading the email.

On the contrary, I assume he did write it. It's not terribly well-written or grammatically clean. That being said, it's a nice letter without saying anything particularly revelatory.

I agree with the poster above who said this is the best he's felt about the club since somewhere during MON's last year. Say what you will about O'Neill (many have, and it's not my intention to re-open the discussion here), but I always felt like he knew exactly what he was trying to do and had a real vision for the club. It didn't end up working quite how he or we would have hoped, but all the same, I felt comfortable with him in charge. I feel the same way with Lambert; I think he'll have a vision for where he wants to take the club and a real idea of how he wants to take us there. I, for one, am eagerly anticipating the start of what I hope (and, what is more, am actually confident) will be a long and successful PL tenure here.

UTV.

Lambert appears to be much more intelligent and capable than the recent appointments. Also, he's hungry and I honestly believe he intends on sticking around for a while.

another thing is he seems to be very happy to be at a club like Villa(no disrespect to Norwich before Wiz joins in), he also talks positive about the club and how big it is and how we have to get VP rocking this can only have a positive impact on the players and the whole club

As did mcleish.

Don't think we can judge lambert until Xmas

The 2 signings so far ?? No idea don't expect much from them tbh

I actually think the villa job is one of the hardest in the PL

With his experience at club and international level, Karim will improve our squad and Brett should do the same
Karim will improve our squad and Brett should do the same. Distancing himself a little from a player he didn't sign.

With his experience at club and international level, Karim will improve our squad and Brett should do the same
Karim will improve our squad and Brett should do the same. Distancing himself a little from a player he didn't sign.

Some have said PL didn't write it. :suspect:

Looking at the full quote
Karim will improve our squad and Brett should do the same, while Matt has the potential to be a really good player.
that would mean he's distancing himself even further from the only other player he's signed...

I think he deserves more time than that, especially consdering what's happened to our club and the squad in the last 12 months or so.

What happens if he's not doing as well as you hope?

His record as manager, and what he has inheritted means he deserves more time than that IMO.

Looking at the full quote
Karim will improve our squad and Brett should do the same, while Matt has the potential to be a really good player.
that would mean he's distancing himself even further from the only other player he's signed...
I'd make a distinction between two experienced internationals and a younger player who's been playing in the third tier. Karim and Brett are unlikely to improve significantly at their age and with their experience. Lowton is a different proposition.

The 2 signings so far ?? No idea don't expect much from them tbh

I actually think the villa job is one of the hardest in the PL

You have no idea about them, but don't expect much?

Yeah, that really makes sense Einstein.

One has played no higher than league 1 football

The other comes from the Dutch league and has no PL experience

I know enough to realise that they won't make a massive difference

Did Tiote have experience?

Did Cabaye have experience?

Did Joe Hart have experience?

Did Cisse have experience?

Have they made a massive difference? You know absolutely nothing and constantly post nonsense. Is there an ignore feature on this forum?

Be prepaired for one thing, he's a grumpy bugger and can lose his temper very quickly.

No, thats not a dig, its just somehing you'll notice at press conferences etc.

Sounds more like MO'N, Fergie, Dalglish, at every turn genuinely charming people, but with no particular like of answering often idiotic questions.

Â