Why Lambert will be a Success

smetrov

Be prepaired for one thing, he's a grumpy bugger and can lose his temper very quickly.

No, thats not a dig, its just somehing you'll notice at press conferences etc.

McLeish was known for being a nice guy so I think most Villa fans are ready to accept a bloke who doesn't suffer fools* gladly.

* as I believe many journalists are.

Be prepaired for one thing, he's a grumpy bugger and can lose his temper very quickly.

He'll struggle to outdo Johnny Gregory (of blessed memory) at press conferences. :)

Sounds more like MO'N, Fergie, Dalglish, at every turn genuinely charming people, but with no particular like of answering often idiotic questions.

....or challenging ones.I think it is called arrogance.

Lambert is very much on a win win situation here. I have read so many times on this forum since the sacking of the ginger one that some players we've been linked to would be acceptable on the basis of being no worse than say Warnock, Hutton and so on.

While that may be true, its the perception and expectation levels that will give Lambert the time needed to put his own stamp on the squad and he will be forgiven if results are poor at the start of his tenure.

It could be the right manager at the right time to allow our club to finally progress to where it should be?

no idea if he will be a success or not but this quote from El Ahmadi is a good enough start for me

El Ahmadi has been impressed with the emphasis Lambert has placed on possession football during the first week of training.

He'll struggle to outdo Johnny Gregory (of blessed memory) at press conferences. :)

I loved him. :lol:

Does anyone really care what his personality with the media is like? As long as he gets results I couldn't care if he was Mary Poppins.

Face facts, nice guys very rarely make it in management. You need to have that bitter, ruthless streak inside. I'd much rather have a miserable sod as a manager than some clearing in the woods constantly smiling and praising crap.

Lambert will be a success because he's a bloody good manager. Nuff sed.

Hmmmmmm,

I think how well he does at Villa will determine if he is a good manger tbh.

He got Norwich in two successive promotions and kept them in the the premier league for one season, something the likes of Dave Bassett and Steve Coppell have done before with other teams. It would have been interesting to see how Lambert would have faired with another season at Norwich. I suspect they may well have struggled.

In his 3 previous jobs he failed to succeed. He failed to make the playoffs with Colchester which is waht was expected from them, he failed to get Wycombe promoted and resigned as a result and he only won 2 games in 8 months of Livingston and resigned from there.

Still got confidence that PL will be a huge success.

He has got a very very difficult job in all fairness to him, we are a team packed with lazy overpaid arseholes

( Collins,Dunne,Warnock,Ireland,Nzogbia,Gabby ) and young players who are dodgy to say the least( Bannan, Allbrighton, Fonz, Delph ).

Thats 10 of the first team who are very suspect and with only fairly unknown signings lacking top league experience coming in so far he has a lot of sorting out to do.

If he finishes top 14 next season he will have done well, I suspect we will have to wait until his second season before he finally gets going as I dont think one pre season is enough time to replace all the deadwood. He needs time, Villa over the past three seasons have got into a real mess. He has inherited a squad very very short on talent on very very big wages

I'm concerned none of the trouble makers have been booted out yet

It's one of the initial mistakes McLeish made

There's a core there that will take most managers down unless they are kicked out

Does anyone really care what his personality with the media is like? As long as he gets results I couldn't care if he was Mary Poppins.

I'm sorry, but I draw the line at Mary Poppins.

And Alec McLeish.

They're actually quite similar in a lot of ways. None that I can think of just at the minute, but still.

And Alec McLeish.

They're actually quite similar in a lot of ways. None that I can think of just at the minute, but still.

They both slide down household objects; Mary Poppins the banister, Alex McLeish the table.

And Alec McLeish.

They both slide down household objects; Mary Poppins the banister, Alex McLeish the table.

:lol:

Â