Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

I'd have bacuna over lowton but I'd have Hutton over both of them.

lol.

It's as if some people have completely forgotten how shite Hutton was/is.

I don't think anybody has. It's juat that as bad as he was, he never reached the lows of Lowton last season. If anything, it seems that people have forgotten just how much of a liability Lowton was.

Edited by Isa

Lowton still has a quality delivery on him with his right foot

But i think he lacks the brain or athleticism to play as a fullback he gets caught out of position all the time

I do not think he has the pace to play as a wide player either so where else can we play him DM?

I don't think he's strong enough to play that role either i think he will be shipped out

Edited by AshVilla

Hutton wasn't allowed past the half way line in his one and only season with us. He played under a dinosaur with the worst tactics I've ever seen from a manager. I've seen Hutton put in plenty of good displays over the years and he can defend alot better than Lowton. at this moment in time he is a better option than Lowton.

• Like 1

Was a fan of Hutton before he signed for us and he seems okay for Scotland. I think that the way he plays compared to how Mcleish wanted him to play resulted in him looking quite bad at times.

I'm sad to see Lowton to go really. I think it's probably for the best to send him out on loan for a season, see if he gains more consistency and comes back a better defensive player. If not then thanks for the wonder goal against Stoke and you're incredible first touches on the chest. Good luck

Hutton is a much better right back than lowton not sad to see him go out on loan

f###k me. Am i in the wrong forum?. Ee can't have reasoned logic on here. You do know you have to slag off the manager and players and owner and assume the worst of everything because that's the norm for this and other forums.

Hutton is a much better right back than lowton not sad to see him go out on loan

f###k me. Am i in the wrong forum?. Ee can't have reasoned logic on here. You do know you have to slag off the manager and players and owner and assume the worst of everything because that's the norm for this and other forums.
sorry grobs. Damn mobile quoted wrong post. Not aimed at you. Sorry. Will quote correct one.

I hated Hutton when I saw him play and wanted him out of the team so fast but..... if what I saw in Dallas and Houston is how he will play this year then he is the best right back that we have. Time will tell but Lowton appears to have lost it and he probably should go back up north. Amazing really because after the 1st year he had a real opportunity to become a successful and highly paid right back. If he really threw it all away because of his wife not liking Birmingham then good luck to him when she starts complaining about living off half the money he gets now in somewhere like Middlesbough.

Lowton was a liability in his first season as well but a lot of fans didn't notice because they were too punch drunk on the 'young and hungry' PR crap from the club. His diabolical play and positioning cost us goal after goal and he should have been replaced straight away but he got away with it.

The sooner this walking disaster is out of the club the better.

Lowton was a liability in his first season as well but a lot of fans didn't notice because they were too punch drunk on the 'young and hungry' PR crap from the club. His diabolical play and positioning cost us goal after goal and he should have been replaced straight away but he got away with it.

Just because some fans had a different opinion to you doesn't mean they were "punch drunk on PR".

Just because some fans had a different opinion to you doesn't mean they were "punch drunk on PR".

It does in my opinion, which I'm entitled to of course.

Well then your opinion is wrong in this particular case.

No it isn't, not in my opinion of course. Perhaps you were one of the fans who fell for the hype when Lambert took over and bullshit PR started?

No it isn't, not in my opinion of course. Perhaps you were one of the fans who fell for the hype when Lambert took over and bullshit PR started?

Actually it is, because if that were the case then Bennett would've similarly been given a pass when he wasn't.

Nope, I thought Lowton was good in his first season - it's got **** all to do with this "falling for PR" rubbish you keep spouting.

Yep, thought so.

Why, because I think your theory that everybody who praised Lowton in his first season was just taken in by "PR" is a load of rubbish?

Once again, if that was the case, why was Bennett quite heavily criticised by many of the same people who were praising Lowton?

Edited by Mantis

Are people seriously saying Hutton is superior to Lowton based on a couple of pre-season friendlies? I'm not saying either has played particularly well in a Villa shirt, but I think Lowton blows Hutton away based on his first season. Loaning him out is a strange one and based more on personal issues than his footballing ability in my opinion.

Edited by Ginko

Â