Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

I still think we look a better team with him in it. We lost a lot of our creativity without him. he can play as right wing back like yesterday with a 3 man defence offering protection or have Bacuna as right sided midfield player with a back four.

No way Lambert would ever line up the team with Lowton at RM. It's just not the way we play. People seem to be overreacting as always. Lowton was mediocre but suddenly saying he is not a RB is silly. Last season he was one of our best defenders and people were even discussing England possibilities. 

Not saying he's not a RB, as you say he was excellent last season. But he does need to recover his form and that can be hard while not playing. Maybe a few games in midfield and he'll find that form again.

No way Lambert would ever line up the team with Lowton at RM. It's just not the way we play. People seem to be overreacting as always. Lowton was mediocre but suddenly saying he is not a RB is silly. Last season he was one of our best defenders and people were even discussing England possibilities.

Just because Lambert wouldn't do it, doesn't mean that he wouldn't excel further forward.

What a load of bullsh*t over-reactions (not that it's surprising). Not having the best of starts to a season but that doesn't eradicate the shifts he put in last year. Give him a bit of time to find his form again; we're not exactly suffering when we've found a capable stop-gap in Bacuna. 

• Like 2

Jamie Redknapp was saying lowton would be an england right back as recently as the liverpool game and hes obviously not the only one. He got dropped and replaced and now he has to fight to get back in, thats it. Its not his career over and now hes suddenly shit.

Jamie Redknapp was saying lowton would be an england right back as recently as the liverpool game and hes obviously not the only one. He got dropped and replaced and now he has to fight to get back in, thats it. Its not his career over and now hes suddenly shit.

I agree he's got the potential to play RB for England. But Lowton is stronger going forward than he is defensively. In a poor team (Villa) that is under pressure a lot of the game I prefer having Bacuna at RB as we look more solid that way. But for me we desperately miss his creativity/link up play/crosses and I'd have had him playing instead of Weimann wide right weeks ago.

However, if you were to put Lowton at RB for England, Man U etc I really don't think he'd look out of place.

Lowton's one of the first names on the teamsheet for me and I think it's been a joke that he's been out the team (even the squad) while people like Weimann have been picked regardless of form.

your 1st 2 words has killed any argument you had  :P

• Like 1

your 1st 2 words has killed any argument you had  :P

Yea i thought someone might mention that, it was more making the point that someone had recently talked highly of him besides i dont find redknapp to be that bad  ;)

I agree he's got the potential to play RB for England. But Lowton is stronger going forward than he is defensively. In a poor team (Villa) that is under pressure a lot of the game I prefer having Bacuna at RB as we look more solid that way. But for me we desperately miss his creativity/link up play/crosses and I'd have had him playing instead of Weimann wide right weeks ago.

However, if you were to put Lowton at RB for England, Man U etc I really don't think he'd look out of place.

Lowton's one of the first names on the teamsheet for me and I think it's been a joke that he's been out the team (even the squad) while people like Weimann have been picked regardless of form.

Definitely i think last season he and wiemann linking up on that side was great and matty whipped in some great crosses and i think we've missed that lately although obviously bacuna has done well there he doesnt really have that to his game as far as ive seen.

• Like 1

Â