General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have seen Gouffran in a few games and I'm happy if we are interested in him, can play up front or out wide and he's very quick off the mark, so quite similar to Gabby, although I'd say technically better from what I have seen - Arsenal have always seemed to be interested in him and we know Wenger does have an eye for talent.

From what I have unfortunately read over the past 600 odd pages is that nobody is the wiser about any transactions we will be making over the coming days. Nobody on VT can even confirm what positions we are looking at. Personally I would get shod of Given on his £70kpw.

But the gist over the last week from VTers is .......

Left back..... Olson/Bennett/Cresswell

Centre back.... Douglas/Dawson

Defensive mid....Frimpong/Huddlestone

Midfield...Adam/Brahimi/Beneyoun/Ince/Phillips

Strikers....Sturridge/Bendtner/Keisling/Defoe/Doyle

Did I miss anyone.

Most of these players would improve us. But I feel we need a real midfield destroyer so the attackers can focus on attacking.

Etienne Capoue from Toulouse is one of the best in the business.

This is the sort of understated signing I hope we make in the next few days

This is what i have been trying to say. No point in buying Doyle/Carrol/Keisling if we cant wint the ball in midfield to get it up to them. Bent is a top goal scorer but hasnt got any chances as we cant win the bloody ball in the first place to counter.

What i'd like: Using the 6-8m Liverpool owe us get in Adams and Carroll on loan. Highly doubt Carroll would come though so would snap up J Rhodes for 6mil + Fonz, think Rhodes will score at every level,really like the look of him.

Would get Ollson for 3 mil+ Warnock probably have to subsidize Warnock's wages for a year. Ince from Blackpool for 8 mil and Dawson or Shawcross for 8m. Would even be tempted to offer NRC 15-20k to get a competent DM.

Therfore for a spend of 25m + money owed by Liverpool would have a much stronger squad.

What we'll get: Cresswell 5m, Michael Owen, some unknown foreign midfielder on loan.

just saw the gouffran/sagbo links on sky during there transfer window round up, said us and everton had enquired but no bid made and Bordeaux want £1.5million for him, and that villa, west ham and fulham were intrested in him but no idea of asking price

Just watched the highlights of Blackpool's 6-0, think Tom Ince was involved/scoring of each goal in that game. Was against signing him initially, but he looks like one hell of a player. Apparently bids have also been received from Premier League clubs for Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis according to SSN, would take him at Villa, Fulham are interested.

just saw the gouffran/sagbo links on sky during there transfer window round up, said us and everton had enquired but no bid made and Bordeaux want £1.5million for him, and that villa, west ham and fulham were intrested in him but no idea of asking price

So SSN know that Bordeaux want £1.5m but Villa, WH an Fulham have no idea what the asking price is? :lol:

Somebody tell Lambert to slap down £2m !

Dunno if he's been mentioned but Wilson Palacios might be moved on by Stoke for about 6m. Would anyone take him?

i used to really rate him but his flopped at stoke, when your kept out of a stoke side by glenn whelan then you cant be up to it