General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I disagree with the myth that Berbatov is really lazy. I don't think he's that lazy at all, he's just very casual in his body language. He's incredibly intelligent and will be looking for the second ball rather then making a huge noise to get to the first in a 50-50 situation. I think he does come across as lazy, but imo, he's just class.

Far too good for us, mind.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So on the blance of realism by tommorow we could have:-

Carrol Berbatov Bent Downing - thats some forward line

Im taking the dog a walk a now - I want it confirmed by the time I get back .......(dog likes long walks!)

Well done Lambo !

I disagree with the myth that Berbatov is really lazy. I don't think he's that lazy at all, he's just very casual in his body language. He's incredibly intelligent and will be looking for the second ball rather then making a huge noise to get to the first in a 50-50 situation. I think he does come across as lazy, but imo, he's just class.

Far too good for us, mind.

True, his game has never been about pace and running, a bit like Bergkamp. He can score or create a goal in half a yard whereas someone like Gabby would run around like a blue arse fly and not achieve the same output, as much as I like Gabby. Bent is mobile enough to play up alongside him imo, they would be a great partnership.

Michael Owen in today's Guardian -

"A lot of things happen later on in the window when people are refreshing their squads," Owen told BBC Radio 5 Live. "I have been in contact with quite a few teams and it's a case of picking the best which is going to suit me and my family. I've said before I'd prefer that to be in the Premier League and that remains the case. Different things will form the basis of making the right choice: location, the quality of the team, the manager – everything really."

Sounds like us. We could do worse.

How on earth does it sound like us?

So on the blance of realism by tommorow we could have:-

Carrol Berbatov Bent Downing - thats some forward line

Im taking the dog a walk a now - I want it confirmed by the time I get back .......(dog likes long walks!)

Well done Lambo !

I'd say by midnight Friday we'll have one of those players... and it's one the we have already.

The fact that in the past weeks people have turned their nose up on Defoe and now berbatov just shows how much people are naive to the state of our squad.

Lazy or not, Dimitar Berbatov would be the only (potential) world class player we have had since Dwight Yorke. A serious class above to anything we have currently got.

I reckon Benayoun on loan would be a good in for us.

benayoun and joe cole on loan. buy in huddlestone, jones,douglas and a LB(not bloody cresswell) 8)

Merse mention on Sky Sports on Saturday that we needed a number 10 type striker and suggested Joe Cole on loan. I wouldn't be adversed to a fit Joe Cole coming to us on loan to play in behind Bent in the Keane role and he would fit into Lambert's new style of play but obviously my only concern would be his injury record and whether he would be able to stand the rigour of Premiership football?

Benayoun is another good shout on loan for the season but only that and no option to buy.

Michael Owen in today's Guardian -

"A lot of things happen later on in the window when people are refreshing their squads," Owen told BBC Radio 5 Live. "I have been in contact with quite a few teams and it's a case of picking the best which is going to suit me and my family. I've said before I'd prefer that to be in the Premier League and that remains the case. Different things will form the basis of making the right choice: location, the quality of the team, the manager – everything really."

I don't think Owen is in the position to be choosy.

i would take downing back. if they owe us 8m then another 3m on top should snare him.

exactly the player we are lacking

I wouldn't go that far but I'd take him back despite these stats \/

Bridges not quite burned but definitely rickety and in need of repair

I would like the people who slagged me off to rightfully give VT all the money they said they would if i was right about the budget. Because after the disaster of saturday it is obvious lambert may get a little more cash, even though i still doubt that.

And to clarify another term partly discussed with flores was there would be wages set aside for one quality loan. SO i still wouldnt rule out a caroll or sturridge. But lambert has stated he doesnt like loans. Even though naughton was norwich's best defender last season.

I would say no to Downing. Confidence probably shot to pieces at plop and never really rated him in the first place. Would anyone pay 20m for him now? We did well to get that for him so I'd leave well alone and use the remaining outstanding balance on his transfer to snare Carroll and Adams on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season