General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

It's a no from me for Doyle. He doesn't score enough and was in and out of a poor Wolves team last season.

If I looked at anyone from Wolves it would probably be O'Hara but I am not sure how much baggage comes with the guy. He lives in Little Aston so we wouldn't have to get him to relocate either.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a goal scorer in Bent, we need someone to partner him who can and would do the donkey work.

Bent does nothing but score goals, chances need to be created for him though, he don't make those chances happen.

We need a player who will drag the defenders around the pitch, Doyle would be that person. He doesn't score 100's of goals, but we're missing someone who can hold the ball up and someone who will challenge for every header.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind Doyle, he isn't going to get the blood rushing through my vains, but he's the type of player that we're missing.

Surely we have to aim higher than players like Kevin Doyle! Signing players with attributes like "holding the ball up" - didn't we have one called Emile Heskey!

We need to and should expect more. The forwards we should be looking at should be able to hold the ball up, score regularly, create chances etc.

Look at Newcastle and Everton - Jelavic, Ba, Cisse - these players are out there!

Id love to see Carroll come in as others have said. Being realistic though, he rejected West Ham and are we really any more attractive a proposition than them right now?

Need to find a quality striker from somewhere, a LB and not from the lower leagues whos one for the future, also a winger so we arent relying on CNZ to create chances.

Got to be Carroll over Doyle all day long. He is the sort of presence you need in and around the box, whether he's scoring or not and Doyle does'nt have the same ability to make defenders nervous.

Think Carroll will re - sign for Newcastle this week.

Would wolves really want that much for Doyle ?? I was thinking £2m max !

Would rather get Kevin Davies in on the cheap for a season.

The Doyle of 2 years ago great & we do need more experience in the side.. Interesting comments from Moyes & Phil Neville today saying we should give the kids a chance however.... But easy for them to say i guess & Neville comparing us to the Man Utd who lost 3-1 & prompted the "never win anything with kids" comment after losing, ironically 1-3 to us... Difference is these young players have already had the best part of 2 seasons to get up to scratch and they are still not there!.

Would like to see Carroll but he ain't going anywhere but Newcastle.. Who we play next :? No doubt we get the "home coming" performance :lol:

Just noticed Chelsea have spent about £90m so far this summer ! Whatever happened to the FFP rules ?

When you win the Champions League your revenue increases, allowing you to spend more. I think that's how they work anyway.

We're obvious and desperate, the players we are potentially linked with are all highly regarded by teams who either desperately need the money and don't want to sell or in Wolves case have money already and can negotiate from a position of comfort - we're about to pay well over the odds for people.

Not the best planned summer this one is it?