General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he was just seen in a Merc not chauffeur driven.

This is how the rumours escalate.

Purple monkey dishwasher.

So he was flown in a Mercedes helicopter?

Randy's private merc jet????

This calls for one man and one man only...calling TheTrees!!!!

I believe to summon him you have to stare into a mirror in a dark room and say his name 3 times...

Fun as this thread is, there's a sobering undertone to the whole thing:

while the likes of West Ham, QPR and Sunderland are spending big money on players and wages, we're treading water, bringing in bargain bucket signings and expecting to be able to compete.

If Lerner continues down this 'wage cutting' road with one in and one out while all the other teams improve, we'll be in the Championship before long.

It's a serious situation and although it's fun to speculate on an unknown black hand, the truth is that we're sinking like a stone in the 'money talks' world of modern football.

Sorry to be such as pessimist - I know that Moyes is making it work at Everton doing the same, but I'm not sure our squad is as good as his!

while the likes of West Ham, QPR and Sunderland are spending big money on players and wages, we're treading water, bringing in bargain bucket signings and expecting to be able to compete.

If Lerner continues down this 'wage cutting' road with one in and one out while all the other teams improve, we'll be in the Championship before long.

It's a serious situation and although it's fun to speculate on an unknown black hand, the truth is that we're sinking like a stone in the 'money talks' world of modern football.

Sorry to be such as pessimist - I know that Moyes is making it work at Everton doing the same, but I'm not sure our squad is as good as his!

Spending big =/= acquiring quality. Vlaar and KEA for example may be "bargain bucket" signings but they appear to be just as capable as many of the big-money British players that are going around at the moment.

This is what we all wanted to see isn't it? Scouting further afield (lower leagues and abroad) to acquire good players but for less money. Obviously we'd all like more signings but I see nothing wrong with looking for both quality and value. Spunking loads of money on already "established" players is what got us into this mess in the first place.

Sadly agree.

QPR, Sunderland and West Ham are spending fortunes on overpriced or past it average/bog standard footballers though......I'd much rather us bide our time to sign the right players than do what QPR are doing.

I don't want us to be a part of the world where Jarvis and Dawson are worth 10m!

Fooking hell. The Trees has confirmed Randys Merc Jet was full of expensive black players being taken over to Villa Park????

QPR, Sunderland and West Ham are spending fortunes on overpriced or past it average/bog standard footballers though......I'd much rather us bide our time to sign the right players than do what QPR are doing.

I don't want us to be a part of the world where Jarvis and Dawson are worth 10m!

Yeah those teams are doing what we did a few years back, but imo are not even getting as good of quality players (Milner, Young, etc...). Let them have there fun now and they can be in financial ruin sooner rather than later. I think it is a bit refreshing to take the approach we have.

According to Transfermarkt.com

He is contracted til 2015 and his market value is £2.6m or 3m Euro's. Genk could push the price up to 4m maybe 5 tops and with that he would be a bloody good signing... gone about business quietly 108 games and 42 goals in total in his career!