General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mat Kendrick said that he thought we were in negotiations for players but he had no idea who.

Probably some relatively unknown lads from Europe who fit Henke's description of hungry and talented. I'm down with that. Watching certain Prem teams frantically scrabble around for distinctly average players for the prices being quoted is just painful, and reminds me of everything thats put us in this mess in the first place.

Rumours about a gem found by our new headscout, but no name mentioned. But i guess these rumours will gather pace whenever a new headscout is being hired... Hope he gets out his little black book.

I do actually and really believe they are trying...Fingers crossed then :)

Not defending him as i think he was extremely defensive, boring and brought it on himself by putting out awful starting 11's.

But he has a lot of valid points in there... Petrov the captain out, brought in jenas and he was out injured. Bent was injured for 17 games. We had just lost NRC,Ashley young and Stuart Downing and he took on the job even though he was meant to balance the books ( Which not a lot of managers would do ) . And the signings brought in were completely off form Given,Hutton and N'Zogbia.

Given kept us in the league last season.

I strongly Disagree.

He was certainly an improvement on Friedels last season with us.

Thats extremely debatable and i think the majority of villa fans would disagree as been mentioned in the given vs friedel thread. IMO Given was a class keeper before he came to villa. Since being here hes been very average at club and country level.

Wrong - wrong and wrong again.

Nice to know your opinion :)

I think we need signings now. We start to become less attractive for players if we've played 2 lost 2 and are bottom of the league.

If we are buying from abroad I don't think players care less where we are in the league. Its all about the Benjamin's my friend. (or queens in this case).

Phillipe Reviere (???) says:

I believe it is Stephane M’Bia. The midfielder has come to the UK today to speak to both you and West Ham. The player can play a defensive midfield role and at centre back. Marseille fans don’t understand why he is being let go although it would only be on a loan deal.

A comment on there

"I believe it is Stephane M’Bia. The midfielder has come to the UK today to speak to both you and West Ham. The player can play a defensive midfield role and at centre back. Marseille fans don’t understand why he is being let go although it would only be on a loan deal."

:o:o:o

This has got to be the first time I have scoured Wikipedia looking for Left Backs with the criteria that "they must be black".. It's also the first time I've chosen someone just to see his picture and say "nope, can't be him he's white". Oh football you make me do some rather odd stuff at times..

if two croatians come in to palermo and udinese in the next week then i am offically in the ITK crowd!
That's fair.

If not, however, you have to change your signature to "GarethRDR is a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus" for a month.

Predator?

Phillipe Reviere (???) says:

I believe it is Stephane M’Bia. The midfielder has come to the UK today to speak to both you and West Ham. The player can play a defensive midfield role and at centre back. Marseille fans don’t understand why he is being let go although it would only be on a loan deal.

He can play DM or CB and if true would be very much welcomed by me because we definitely need someone big and imposing in that area of the team.