General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

To be honest I'd love a Lb, Cb, Cm, Wng, Cf. But the priority is Lb, Wng, Cf at the minute tbh.

Matty Phillips, Aaron Cresswell and Some like Jordan Rhodes/Guidetti/Charlie Austin and I'd be pretty happy for the start of the season! (Charlie Austin got 16 last season for Burnley, only 24 seems a good player from the games I've seen)

All of those players are unproven at this level. I think we need a couple of players of proven quality now. One in CM and another up front.

I supose it would depend on what we could afford really.... I'm not fussed if they aren't proven PL players.... they cost more money on wages and Fee's and none of Norwich's players where proven up until last year!

Thinking about it... I'd take Rhodes. Seems like he could be a better job than both Weimann and Delfouneso. And would give gabby a chance pull up his socks instead of being gifted a first 11 place.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I'd love a Lb, Cb, Cm, Wng, Cf. But the priority is Lb, Wng, Cf at the minute tbh.

Matty Phillips, Aaron Cresswell and Some like Jordan Rhodes/Guidetti/Charlie Austin and I'd be pretty happy for the start of the season! (Charlie Austin got 16 last season for Burnley, only 24 seems a good player from the games I've seen)

All of those players are unproven at this level. I think we need a couple of players of proven quality now. One in CM and another up front.

I supose it would depend on what we could afford really.... I'm not fussed if they aren't proven PL players.... they cost more money on wages and Fee's and none of Norwich's players where proven up until last year!

Lets see how Norwich do this year. Players have one off seasons eg Charlie Adam, Marcus Stewart, Kevin Doyle, DJ Campbell, Sasa Curcic etc.

Proven performers maintain their form over seasons. That is what we need.

I like PL's signings and I like the risk in some of these players but they will need help.

Supose mate, I'd be happy whoever Lambert see's fit to sign tbh, Austin's goal scoring so far in his career's been pretty good despite it being lower league!

The fact that we seem to be signing the same players Lambert scouted when he was scouting for Norwich is a bit worrying to me.

It indicates a lack of ambition and funds from Lerner. Im happy enough with KEA and Vlaar, but the rest of the players we're linked with are Championship level players.

I was hoping we aimed a bit higher then just survival and saving money.

The last few seasons have made me cynical and pessimistic and perhaps the coming weeks will bring quality players and Lambert will indeed turn out to one of the best new managers in the game.

But im seriously worried

I am fairly optimistic about at least one in and one out before the Wet Spam game

If you are asking names / positions then dont bother as I think only a handful of people at the club are privvy to that detail or whwre we are in each transfer and I doubt they will be sharing that until closer to the time that the deals cannot collapse.

Let's hope so, I think we need alot more than one in and one out.. as said before the rumours/speculation has died down a bit still some time to go but we need alot more work done to the squad.

Thinking about it... I'd take Rhodes. Seems like he could be a better job than both Weimann and Delfouneso. And would give gabby a chance pull up his socks instead of being gifted a first 11 place.

interesting that you would think something like that, don't want to shit stir... BUT...

that something jack might think of weimann?? surely they played together when weimann was getting hatfuls of goals in the reserves? he had a couple of decent displays int he first team last season too.

fonz did it in the reserves too, he's shown flashes that he has really good feet but maybe his probs are in his head. something we should hope PL can sort out for him :)

on another note, i personally am not concerned we aren't splashing the cash, we have got ourselves a manager who beleives he can get better value from lower leagues and abroad and through his coaching and tactics can win games at this level without needing £40m to spend in a summer. from what he's said about players personalities, probably the last thinkg he wants is to spunk £20m+ on a british striker who probably has a god complex and an ego the size of the moon.

We need a Fellaini type of midfielder

Apart from Vlaar, we look a soft touch. I think we need a Wanyama or his brother in there to give us a bit of bite in the middle of the park, as someone stated the amount of times Forest got behind the midfield to be up against our defence was worrying.

agree. I think KEA, Vlaar etc will do alright in PL. But we are in lack of some players who can come in and change the game. I was hoping that the buys we did early on were more to give us some squad players and that there was some big signings coming aswell.

We cant rely on players from the lower leagues playing at PL level straight away. And some of them might just flop and then were really in trouble. We need one maybe two players with experience and the ability to go on and actually bring something to the team straight away, building a team around unexperienced players is a recepie for disaster.

as the team looks now, ill be suprised if we get higher then 15th-16th in the league

maybe my worries are unfounded, but i just cant be **** with another couple of years of dire football..

We need to get rid of some more high earners before we get more players in. I would be tempted to cash in on Ireland, and sell Makoun, if it meant getting someone like Wanyama in as DM. Then we'd have a selection from Wanyama, Herd, KEA, Bannan, Gardner and Delph for a 3 man midfield.

Between them Ireland and Makoun must be on something close to £100k/week. For that we could get a quality DM (Wanyama) and a quality winger (A. Johnson) to improve our squad in key areas. I'm not gagging to get rid of Ireland as I really like him as a player but his wages are very high.

I would also hope that we can ship out Hutton, Delfouneso and Warnock to free up funds/wages for a LB and a striker.

OUT - Makoun, Ireland, Hutton, Warnock, Delfouneso

IN - Cresswell, Wanyama, A. Johnson, Carroll

The fact that we seem to be signing the same players Lambert scouted when he was scouting for Norwich is a bit worrying to me.

It indicates a lack of ambition and funds from Lerner. Im happy enough with KEA and Vlaar, but the rest of the players we're linked with are Championship level players.

I was hoping we aimed a bit higher then just survival and saving money.

The last few seasons have made me cynical and pessimistic and perhaps the coming weeks will bring quality players and Lambert will indeed turn out to one of the best new managers in the game.

But im seriously worried

I think that the next 2-3 signings will be of a slightly higher calibre, and that is what the delay is. Lowton, KEA, and Vlaar don't seem to have been part of any chain. Feyenoord needed cash so had to sell.

I reckon things have ground to a halt because we're trying to get slightly higher profile players perhaps from rival PL teams who won't sell until they can bring in replacements. City haven't signed anyone yet so perhaps won't release the likes of Johnson or Guidetti, even on loan. Carroll seems to be a likely transfer to somewhere this summer. Maybe Rodgers can't sign anyone until he offloads Carroll and there will subsequently be a knock on effect.

I have nothing to back this theory up with other than blind optimism.

I think we're in for another player from the Eredivisie. A 22 year old Right/Fullback called Cuco Martina from RKC Waalwijk. But the mid-table Premier League club wants to remain discrete. Apperently PSV and the unknown club will be battling over cuckoo's signature.

Hope it's us! Very under the radar talent.

I think we're in for another player from the Eredivisie. A 22 year old Right/Fullback called Cuco Martina from RKC Waalwijk. But the mid-table Premier League club wants to remain discrete. Apperently PSV and the unknown will be battling over cuckoo's signature.

Source?

Can't see us buying another Right back.

I think we're in for another player from the Eredivisie. A 22 year old Right/Fullback called Cuco Martina from RKC Waalwijk. But the mid-table Premier League club wants to remain discrete. Apperently PSV and the unknown will be battling over cuckoo's signature.

Hope it's us! Very under the rader talent.

Right Full back? Surely not, it's the other side we need looking after. Unless Lowton was signed to play centre back instead of right full.

Source?

Can't see us buying another Right back.

Voetbal Primeur

It's in Dutch. :P

Hope it's us! Very under the rader talent.

Right Full back? Surely not, it's the other side we need looking after. Unless Lowton was signed to play centre back instead of right full.

Or Lichaj @ Lb?

OUT - Makoun, Ireland, Hutton, Warnock, Delfouneso

Barmy!!! :bonk:

I see your well made point. However if it means getting in a quality DM and a winger, which we desperately need, I think we should take it.

We'd still have some decent CM options and more creativity.

Obviously i'd prefer to keep him and still sign a winger and a DM.