General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Instead we are in the transfer thread talking about which bird we'd **** from the olympics. wicked.

I think we have a new winner!

Nadzeya Ostapchuk just won gold in the women's shot put!

Nadzeya+Ostapchuk+20th+European+Athletics+DNOs_dZbrcRl.jpg

Jaysus.

annual-rugby-club-dinner-2010-266.jpg

Looks more like Glenn Loovens

GlennLoovens_2474176.jpg

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah I'm sure he is in fact I would bet we are talking with clubs, agents and players all the time it's just a case of getting deals done which as we saw with Vlaar can take a while. The media clearly have little clue what we are doing or who we are going to try and sign, even those ITK's seem to have run out of names to throw around.

Really hope sunderland don't get him.... I want them to be shite but tbh I'd prefer us to sign Guidetti!!

they will get strongly linked with him then come the day where the deal will be put in place mon will go sign...leroy lita

Will be extremely disappointed if Sunderland get Guidetti, and we miss out on him..

Surely we would be a better prospect, considering his captain last year (vlaar) and KEA have already signed for us. Cmon Vlaar pick up the phone..

Isn't Guidetti injured?

That is if we are interested in him, there is next to nothing at this stage to suggest he is on our radar.

True, nothing really to support that we're after him.

Then again it would be very strange if we weren't considering we need another striker, scouted the Dutch league and Feyenoord pretty heavilly and he was very very impressive last season.

He's also among the most exciting young players in Europe and avaliable for a modest fee if you belive the reports.

Really hope sunderland don't get him.... I want them to be shite but tbh I'd prefer us to sign Guidetti!!

they will get strongly linked with him then come the day where the deal will be put in place mon will go sign...leroy lita

:crylaugh::crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

Its funny cause its true

Oh yeah I'm sure he is in fact I would bet we are talking with clubs, agents and players all the time it's just a case of getting deals done which as we saw with Vlaar can take a while. The media clearly have little clue what we are doing or who we are going to try and sign, even those ITK's seem to have run out of names to throw around.

probably driving people mad but im happy enough to be surprised instead of getting frustrated to being linked to a certain player everyday and waiting and then the transfer not coming off

This Guidetti link to the Mackems does seem to go against MONs usual style........surely a 'player' like Hutton would be more in keeping with it?

Well they and the Skull Kickers in Stoke need A RB iirc so they can have him for 2m :P might even throw in Warnock too!

If we where to go and buy a Winger this window I'd love an attacking winger who can get bums off seats (ala Ashley Young).

I am fairly optimistic about at least one in and one out before the Wet Spam game

If you are asking names / positions then dont bother as I think only a handful of people at the club are privvy to that detail or whwre we are in each transfer and I doubt they will be sharing that until closer to the time that the deals cannot collapse.

Why were you so optimistic before? Was it the news about randy selling? One more purchase.. depending on how much we spend.. would be less net spend then mcleish got wouldn't he? Not enough to progress.

To be honest I'd love a Lb, Cb, Cm, Wng, Cf. But the priority is Lb, Wng, Cf at the minute tbh.

Matty Phillips, Aaron Cresswell and Some like Jordan Rhodes/Guidetti/Charlie Austin and I'd be pretty happy for the start of the season! (Charlie Austin got 16 last season for Burnley, only 24 seems a good player from the games I've seen)

EDIT:

Austin's Goal Scoring record

2004–2006 Thatcham Town 59 (73)

2006–2007 Kintbury Rangers 27 (20)

2007–2008 Hungerford Town 30 (5)

2008–2009 Poole Town 42 (48)

2009–2011 Swindon Town 54 (31)

2011– Now Burnley 45 (16)

We need a lot more than one in and one out before the West Ham game imo. Obviously not critical but I think we need at least 3 new bodies in before the season starts. At the very least by the end of the transfer window. I am hoping your optimisim is justified Richard, I really do. If we look at the facts currently we have pretty much had one in and one out this summer wiht a small amount of money paid on transfer fees. Obviously we are all hoping this will change come end of the window with at least one big signing (preferably in the strikers department).

To be honest I'd love a Lb, Cb, Cm, Wng, Cf. But the priority is Lb, Wng, Cf at the minute tbh.

Matty Phillips, Aaron Cresswell and Some like Jordan Rhodes/Guidetti/Charlie Austin and I'd be pretty happy for the start of the season! (Charlie Austin got 16 last season for Burnley, only 24 seems a good player from the games I've seen)

All of those players are unproven at this level. I think we need a couple of players of proven quality now. One in CM and another up front.

All of those players are unproven at this level. I think we need a couple of players of proven quality now. One in CM and another up front.

I supose it would depend on what we could afford really.... I'm not fussed if they aren't proven PL players.... they cost more money on wages and Fee's and none of Norwich's players where proven up until last year!

^^^^This^^^^

I supose it would depend on what we could afford really.... I'm not fussed if they aren't proven PL players.... they cost more money on wages and Fee's and none of Norwich's players where proven up until last year!

Lets see how Norwich do this year. Players have one off seasons eg Charlie Adam, Marcus Stewart, Kevin Doyle, DJ Campbell, Sasa Curcic etc.

Proven performers maintain their form over seasons. That is what we need.

I like PL's signings and I like the risk in some of these players but they will need help.