General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent enough to be back up.

It's that type of signing that gets us in financial trouble though (not Ayala per se, but signing players as backup)

We should be looking to sign players better than what we currently have, who can come in and start the season.. It is then up to existing players to prove that they are worthy of getting in, thus increasing competition for places and avoid complaceny that we have previously had.

we desperately need another CB...

we could be in for a shock if Vlaar and Baker/Clark line up against a West Ham side that will be fired up for the first game back in the prem...

Dunne may come back from injury even shitter than he already is....

sell Hutton and keep Warnock til January....

line up with Lowton/Lichaj, Vlaar, New CB, Warnock..

the defence was always going to be a huge problem for the new manager and we cant expect it to be completely refurbished in one transfer window...

and i want a striker aswell :)

No it isn't its signing players like Sidwell, Cuellar, Heskey, Beye, all above 40k what got us into trouble. Ayala would not demand more than that.

Yup, exactly this.

I imagine Vlaar isn't on much more than 30k a week (pure guess), so Collins' wages will probably pay for Vlaar and Ayala.

Cuellar gone too and El Ahmadi and Lowton combined probably come to less than his wages.

Heskey also gone; next out probably Hutton and then maybe Warnock. For each of those players we can probably say Lambert will be looking to sign two.

Hopefully, with a decent bit of squad building like that, we can then free up enough wages for one extra signing - perhaps another midfielder, someone like Dempsey who can get forward and score from midfield.

I don't think a player should ever be brought a back up, whether he is on 5k or 100k, it just builds complacency fro the players above knowing that if they are fit they will play. Players should always be brought as an improvement but build challenges

With the financial troubles going on at Malaga I'd like to see if we could enquire about Nacho Monreal (a good LB)

he will go for cheap(ish) price, a good player too.

Might be a long shot but I think if we were to enquire we would get a positive response as Malaga aren't in the best of positions and players are looking to leave.

With the financial troubles going on at Malaga I'd like to see if we could enquire about Nacho Monreal (a good LB)

he will go for cheap(ish) price, a good player too.

Might be a long shot but I think if we were to enquire we would get a positive response as Malaga aren't in the best of positions and players are looking to leave.

Maybe Rondón from Malaga is the 'exciting' striker we are after :winkold:

MikeyP, thats what players are obviously being purchased for to be better than what we have, we currently have no player to cover Vlaar, to get a player better than Vlaar we need to spend 10million or so, if he gets injured, we'll move Lowton inside or Herd, to be fair Ayala is better than both in that position.

I know some people on here are firmly against loan deals, and i do see the point they are making. I'ts a quick short term fix that might end up benefitting the other team more than us.

I agree we ideally should not loan players from team like Tottenhan, Arsenal or Newcastle.

But teams like Chelsea, City and United are so far ahead of us we are not really competing with them anymore.

If it's possible to get loan deals for John Guidetti or Romelu Lukaku then i think we should try now that money seems to be needed elswere. Of course an option to buy would be preferable but i doubt than can be done with Lukaku, maybe with Guidetti

MikeyP, thats what players are obviously being purchased for to be better than what we have, we currently have no player to cover Vlaar, to get a player better than Vlaar we need to spend 10million or so, if he gets injured, we'll move Lowton inside or Herd, to be fair Ayala is better than both in that position.

I can get your point, but what about signing a first choice cb to play with Vlaar, meaning that the backup would be Clark and Baker. This would encourage Clark and Baker to work harder to achieve first team status.

I'm not saying we shouldn't go for Ayala if PL wants him, too be honest I haven't seen much of him to know how good he is. All i'm saying is that we shouldn't buy players just to be a backup. I'd hope that anyone who is signed is going to be challenging to be first choice.