General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Money coming in for Carroll to Villa today. 16/1 into 4/1

Doesn't mean a lot really does it?

I don't think we're in for him, and even if we were I don't think he'd come. It sounds like it's a return to the barcodes or he's staying at Anfield.

I want us to bring in a new striker but not Carroll for that kind of money. No way.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always liked Carroll, despite questionable off the pitch antics, think he can be a massive asset if used correctly.

I completely agree. Irrespective of his lifestyle, he is probably going to be one of Englands striking options for the next ten years. I'd happily see a squad like this:

----------------- Given -------------------

---------- Vlaar ------- Clark ------------

Lowton ------------------------ Cresswell

--------- El Ahmadi - Ireland ------------

Holman ------------------------- N'Zogbia

------------ Bent ----- Carroll ------------

Bench: Guzan, Dunne, Lichaj, Makoun, Bannan, Albrighton, Gabby

Though Ireland has been playing in the wider roles, and I have a feeling that Lambert likes Bannan in a central midfield position.

Always liked Carroll, despite questionable off the pitch antics, think he can be a massive asset if used correctly.

I completely agree. Irrespective of his lifestyle, he is probably going to be one of Englands striking options for the next ten years. I'd happily see a squad like this:

----------------- Given -------------------

---------- Vlaar ------- Clark ------------

Lowton ------------------------ Cresswell

--------- El Ahmadi - Ireland ------------

Holman ------------------------- N'Zogbia

------------ Bent ----- Carroll ------------

Bench: Guzan, Dunne, Lichaj, Makoun, Bannan, Albrighton, Gabby

Though Ireland has been playing in the wider roles, and I have a feeling that Lambert likes Bannan in a central midfield position.

Like it..but Ireland always seems to get slapped in the middle when people post formations. But he just isn't a CM. He can play off the striker or as part of a front 3, and that's him.

I'd swap ireland for holman, and put Makoun in the middle. Apart from that I think the squad is starting to look promsing.

Carrol is (in my opinion) a very limited player (big and strong) with a questional attitude, for the money involved he's just to big a gamble and not good value for money.

Fletcher is wastly overpriced at £12-15 million (more money than Podolski and/or Giroud...)

If Guidetti is availiable for half that price and is willing to come i hope we go for him.

In some ways he reminds me of a young Wayne Rooney, not quite as good but without the temper issues

Didn't we buy downing injured

Yeah, thats the "traitor" I mentioned but with our forward injuries we've sustained at the moment I just cn't see him buying another crocked forward to go with them, personallly, I hope he does, I really like the kid but it just doesn't seem likely....

Hope we go for Guidetti over Carroll/Fletcher, Younger and is already a better player IMO..

Hmm, have you seen Guidetti play? He is good, could possibly become very good. But to say he is better than Carroll/Fletcher already is two steps too far... Remember Afonso Alves, he scored 30+ goals in the dutch league. Out them three I would deffo go for both Carroll and Fletcher over John Guidetti.

Hope we go for Guidetti over Carroll/Fletcher, Younger and is already a better player IMO..

Hmm, have you seen Guidetti play? He is good, could possibly become very good. But to say he is better than Carroll/Fletcher already is two steps too far... Remember Afonso Alves, he scored 30+ goals in the dutch league. Out them three I would deffo go for both Carroll and Fletcher over John Guidetti.

That's why I put IMO.

Also remember van nistelrooy ;)

Albrighton can put fantastic crosses in as it seems Holman can too.

So lets put a bid in for Sonic's bed-ridden grandmother.

I've just given her a drink and it turns out she is also a fantastic dribbler...

so probably out of our price range...

on a serious note i lost count on the amount of crosses Albrighton made that sailed over peoples heads last year...

far far too inconsistent....

if we signed Carroll we need a crosser in the Young mould

Personally I think Albrighton is a good crosser of the ball. He just had a poor season pretty much all round in the last campaign.

I think Albrighton is a poor player - who happened to have a good few games for us.