General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only other thing that he said, was that Mcleish was very good to the people who worked around Villa Park - people in the shop and elsewhere. He talked with them and made players do same.
God, now I feel so ashamed that we hounded him out. If only we'd known this at the time - but I suppose it's typical of the man and his modesty that he should keep it quiet. I wonder if there is any chance that he could forgive us and come back?

The only other thing that he said, was that Mcleish was very good to the people who worked around Villa Park - people in the shop and elsewhere. He talked with them and made players do same.
God, now I feel so ashamed that we hounded him out. If only we'd known this at the time - but I suppose it's typical of the man and his modesty that he should keep it quiet. I wonder if there is any chance that he could forgive us and come back?

I honestly think that bridge has already been burnt. We really should feel like real clearings in the woods now, but I suppose hindsight is 20/20 and all that ya'know.

I honestly think that bridge has already been burnt. We really should feel like real clearings in the woods now, but I suppose hindsight is 20/20 and all that ya'know.

I am going to give you pair the benefit of the doubt and assume that this was one ironic post on top of another. We have nothing to feel like 'clearings in the woods' about... The guy, may have been 'nice,' may have got the players talking more about the place - that was part of his job. He was paid to play the company line, part of which must be having respect for fellow employees and supporters.

The flip side of the coin, and the reason he was 'hounded out' was that he was deluded, could not see what was wrong with our team other than after the Norwich away game - by which time it was too late for him anyway.

The only sympathy he gets from me is that he should never have been given the job in the first place - it was doomed to failure from the start as so many people spent the last 13 months trying to say.

Even his 'nice guy' image seemingly started to wane late doors.

I am glad the 'guy' has gone - not because I hate the bloke, far from it. He **** well made me ill. He **** well made me nearly turn to the dark side and riot. He **** well made me quit Villa from January to May.

The clearing in the woods.

--EDIT --

now seen the other subsequent posts. But do you see? Just how effective the 'guy' was at causing ill feeling? It's still bothering me now...

The clearing in the woods.

I would love it if Paul Lambert went in to the shop to buy himself a little lime number and just quietly said 'You're gonna be selling a few more of them pal, especially when our big signing arrives' wink wink

Martin Olsson has put a request in at Blackburn - wonder if hes been under consideration for LeftBack........ bet hed be got for a good price as well £4m for a 23 year old swedish international........ not great defensively, but looks like Lambert wants bombing fullbacks - and this is what he is !