General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I really do not see how it is a good strategy to shift our young players when we have a new manager.

1) They do not have high wages

2) We do not know the effect the new manager might have on the players

3) We will hardly get a large fee for them now

The problem last season was both the manager, but also the fact that there were too many inexperienced in our side at the same time.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bannan hasn't shown me anything at all to suggest he can play to the required standard on a consistant basis. Delph apart from one game has also shown me nothing to suggest the six million fee was well spent. They need to be moved on now along with Fonz.

Fonz is 21 but needs to be moved on, however Bannan whose going to be 23 because he's never had a chance, he played well in a couple of games under Houllier and that was it. Bannan also went on loan to Blackpool and Leeds, basically done nothing, same as Delfouneso. The point being you cannot say give one a chance and not the other, as the same excuses you are using for Bannan stand for Delfouneso.

I'd say it'll ramp up towards the end of the week. Get tonight's game out of the way, get home and then the serious stuff starts.

I'd let Delph and Fonz go as i have seen nothing in them that gives me hope, other than that i agree with DeepDish that the youngish players should stay.

But we can't have a squad depending on all of those players to step up at once, as that is just not gonna happen.

Also when it comes to Bannan he better get his act together. I have zero tolerance for the crap he did last year off field.

I'd rather sell Bannan than Delph. Delph has been absolute cack, but I generally like his attitude and think he's got a lot more to show us. Bannan - I hate his billy-big-ball attitude, I hate his billy-big-ball Hollywood passes, and I have zero confidence that he'll ever come good.

I'd take him but he'd cost a fortune (it's Spurs see). I'd be happy going into the season with a frontline of Bent, Defoe, Gabby & Weimann.

Bannan hasn't shown me anything at all to suggest he can play to the required standard on a consistant basis. Delph apart from one game has also shown me nothing to suggest the six million fee was well spent. They need to be moved on now along with Fonz.

This. Don't think they're good enough.

I think he would give us another good option. Would take him for the right price i.e. not much over £4m. I am looking forward to the players returning so that we can see some transfer activity. I like the way we have gone about our business. Players signed with little or no fuss (Vlaar not included) and no one has had a clue. TBF I think with Vlaar it would've been under the radar had that fan not taken a picture. Then again if you bring him to VP while tours are going on then you are asking for trouble.

Bannan was actually decent before "the incident" happened imo.

He didnt do well when Big Eck decided to by-pass the midfield and play appalling football. Under Houllier's passing philosophy he played very well. I think he will flourish under Lambert

Are those the kinds of stats that had many claiming albrighton and nzogbia would be good replacements for downing and young?

I think we are desperate for two quality wide players.

Would love one of Dyer or Sinclair here next year.

RE - Defoe, I'd rather have him than Carroll if the price wasn't too bad. He's probably got 2/3 good years left in him and he'd be our most lethal finisher

I think i'd actually cry if we signed Defoe. Probably my most hated footballer in the Premier League in terms of how he plays.