General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Anyone remember Michael Johnson? from Man Shitty?

Super talented, but lost his way due to injury, beer, gambling and pies!

What a huge waste of talent , such a shame.. Just hope Adam Johnson doesn't end up the same.

Why, because he has the same surname. :winkold:

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a huge waste of talent , such a shame.. Just hope Adam Johnson doesn't end up the same.

Interesting article on him here if your interested mate.

From watching him play before it all went down hill, you can understand why people labelled him 'the next Gerrard'.

Such a shame.

Why, because he has the same surname. :winkold:

no, because he is at the same Shitty Club :winkold:

Interesting article on him here if your interested mate.

From watching him play before it all went down hill, you can understand why people labelled him 'the next Gerrard'.

Such a shame.

Great article, cheers..

Why would Adam Johnson end up the same? Michael Johnson is an alcoholic. Adam Johnson, as far as I am aware, is not. They're not comparable.

Both are very good at football though. If you're asking me, would I take a gamble on Michael Johnson? Hell yes I would. For free on very, very low wages though. Not sure it would fly.

I know it's still early but unless we sign quite a few more players I am concerned for next season. It's not all down to the manager we nearly got relegated and this league is very unforgiving. I really hope we've got a special manager in charge as boy do we need one.

I know it's still early but unless we sign quite a few more players I am concerned for next season. It's not all down to the manager we nearly got relegated and this league is very unforgiving. I really hope we've got a special manager in charge as boy do we need one.

Why would Adam Johnson end up the same? Michael Johnson is an alcoholic. Adam Johnson, as far as I am aware, is not. They're not comparable.

Both are very good at football though. If you're asking me, would I take a gamble on Michael Johnson? Hell yes I would. For free on very, very low wages though. Not sure it would fly

I remember his goal vs us in 2008 and i thought he would kick on but wasnt too be. Wouldnt mind taking a punt but would have to lose a lot of weight first

I agree.

We all think/hope Lambert will mix it around a bit an replace our deadwood with much better players. But at the moment we are relegation material, just like last year.

To start with we have a horrid back 4, and the squad lack leadership.

Im afraid that replacing? Hutton with Matthew Lowton just isn't good enough. Sure, anything is an improvement on Hutton but so far we've left us with an awful lot to do.

Still, it's early days...

midfield is the weakest for me, it lacks real quality and depth.. need atleast 2 quality mid in imo.

Yup! The midfield is very unbalanced and physically weak

Ashley Williams ;-)
I heard a similar rumour

Grew up in Tamworth

Is this you have heard something, or you'd just like him?

Because he's a player I've wanted us to get for a while. Classy, ball-playing centreback. Yes please.

Ashley Williams ;-)
I heard a similar rumour

Grew up in Tamworth

Is this you have heard something, or you'd just like him?

Because he's a player I've wanted us to get for a while. Classy, ball-playing centreback. Yes please.

A ball playing centre half. Now we all have dreams but lets think about this. Don't you prefer seeing Collins and Dunne launch hopeful balls up to the target man that is Darren Bent.

In current football, ALL players need tro be technically good. As in comfortable on the ball. Able to carry it forward and pass to a team mate. Its an easy game when you think about it.

Agree unless Makoun steps up then I we've only got Al Ahmadi who I think has the neccessary experience to play there. Even then it is his first year in the prem. Bannan has looked good in pre season but not sure if he can transfer that into prem matches. I still think we need an experienced CM to go alongside Al Ahmadi. Think Gardner should go out on loan. Delph has a part to play but time is running out for him. Looks like Herd is out of favour for the CM sport.