General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct it was a suggestion and a bit of banter. People need to lighten up a bit

Your so called banter is always at someone else's expense, that is the issue.

Its a speculation thread, look up what "speculation" means before you start berating people for doing it.

:evil:

And people are allowed to comment on said speculation, thats why its a forum not a blog

Personally, I try to ignore you. But when you insist on ridiculing other posters on just about every thread I visit, its kind of hard to do.

Maybe you'd care to share these posts with any mod you choose by pm in future and we'll judge them on their merits, just like we always do.

Personally I'm not sure I care who he signs. I trust him to know what he is doing and to get the best out of the players. Certainly, this summer at least, he deserves and will get from me at least, the slack to sign who the feck he wants

Personally I'm not sure I care who he signs. I trust him to know what he is doing and to get the best out of the players. Certainly, this summer at least, he deserves and will get from me at least, the slack to sign who the feck he wants

This. Sums up my thoughts exactly.

Do you still think there will be a marquee signing? If so who would you put your money on?

Echo those thoughts. People might want to remember that Mcleish was looking at Karl Henry and Leon Best!

Do you still think there will be a marquee signing? If so who would you put your money on?

Not sure I've said I believe there will be a 'marquee' signing. What I have said is that I believe he has funds to make the changes necessary. I still believe that

The quality of Twitter rumours is not going to increase any time soon as the schools will be starting the summer break shortly. I wish when posting a Twitter rumour people would distinguish between a credible source and the type who created an account yesterday and has 14 followers.

Not sure I've said I believe there will be a 'marquee' signing. What I have said is that I believe he has funds to make the changes necessary. I still believe that

Apologies. Must be getting my wires crossed. I am glad to hear your positivity on the transfer subject. I just hope Lambert sees that our squad still needs a few more players, which I'm sure he will.

Joe Bennett link on twitter now.

Douglas of Twente, £3.1m bid made by Newcastle according to Sky. Surely worth a cheeky little bid from us too if he is going anything close to that price. Though I suspect signing Vlaar and Douglas is asking too much, would probably need both Dunne and Collins to go for that to happen.

Id like us to sign a classy attacking midfielder. I can fully expect more often than not that ireland will be a bypasser in a game or he just wont be influential enough. He doesn't score enough for me.

So I would like a decent back up to him, whilst we are raiding the Dutch league we ought to go for Filip Djuricic from Heerenveen, only 20 years old and has bags of skills, can score, incisive passes and would be cheap!

From what I understand, there will be.

Betbatov and Owen would both be steps in the wrong direction, both older players earning big bucks, who've been there and done it, not quite fitting with the young and hungry theme.

A suitable sign-on fee could save the salary structure. Berbatov still is an obscenely good player and besides, he has a major point to prove, not being used properly by utd the last few seasons.

So he might not be young anymore, but he would most certainly be hungry.

We're being linked with very different stylesof strikers, whoever Lambert brings in will of course be a massive indication on the type of tactics he's looking to play.