General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

At Newcastle he was the New Alan Shearer and it went to his head. It went to his head because everyone kept telling him he was the New Alan Shearer. At 21. Of course it went to his head. It would go to anyone's head.

At £15m plus add-ons, we would be mad NOT to take him. He's a significantly better player than he showed in a Liverpool shirt.

that would be my take on it as well

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone keeping track of the summer's movements and the potential (assumed) impact on the wage bill? In the past, the word on the street was that the wage bill was the key financial holding us back. I'm assuming that this summer's transfers will continue the trend of decreasing the wage bill, but I haven't been keeping track.

Off the top of my head...(and likely completely wrong)

Out

Heskey (60?)

Cuellar (35?)

Guzan (15-20?)

In

Lowton (20?)

KEA (30?)

Holman (30?)

Guzan (15-20?)

at the moment, we're slightly positive/neutral, and if Vlaar comes in with Hutton leaving that wouldn't change much I would think. If some combination of Collins, Warnock, Makoun, Gabby, Delph, etc leave, then we should have room for a few more signings, particularly younger foreign or lower league players.

Is anyone keeping track of the summer's movements and the potential (assumed) impact on the wage bill? In the past, the word on the street was that the wage bill was the key financial holding us back. I'm assuming that this summer's transfers will continue the trend of decreasing the wage bill, but I haven't been keeping track.

Off the top of my head...(and likely completely wrong)

Out

Heskey (60?)

Cuellar (35?)

Guzan (15-20?)

In

Lowton (20?)

KEA (30?)

Holman (30?)

Guzan (15-20?)

at the moment, we're slightly positive/neutral, and if Vlaar comes in with Hutton leaving that wouldn't change much I would think. If some combination of Collins, Warnock, Makoun, Gabby, Delph, etc leave, then we should have room for a few more signings, particularly younger foreign or lower league players.

Beye was paid off too til the end of the season so add £42k on.

Also Lowton will not be on £20k from league 1. More likely £12-15k. KEA was on £17k at Feyenoord apparantly so I would think £25k ish, same for Holman. So I would guess we are still up by £70k ish pw.

But it is all guesswork.

Would love berbertov. Stroppy, yes when he's not a regular, lazy yes! But the guys technical ability and intelligence on the football pitch is superb, his age doesn't worry me as of the physical abilities its only his strength that helps him and thats always the last thing to go. He could easily play into his late 30's. I'd say he has 5 years left at this level.

I would sell Ireland and give berbertov Ireland's wages! Berbertov is the best second striker in the league, **** Carroll or Ireland, Berbertov's a different class!

Would love berbertov. Stroppy, yes when he's not a regular, lazy yes! But the guys technical ability and intelligence on the football pitch is superb, his age doesn't worry me as of the physical abilities its only his strength that helps him and thats always the last thing to go. He could easily play into his late 30's. I'd say he has 5 years left at this level.

I would sell Ireland and give berbertov Ireland's wages! Berbertov is the best second striker in the league, **** Carroll or Ireland, Berbertov's a different class!

I agree with all of that.

We should do everything we can to sign Berbatov. He's a bloody genius.

32 years old, lazy, stroppy and is on £120k per week.

No way would I want him here

He has a lazy style. He doesn't have to be a grafter to play the role he plays.

And I wouldn't say he's especially stroppy either. He has every right to be pissed off with Ferguson following his non-selection for the CL final.

I think it's moot anyway, I'd imagine he'll end up at a CL club. I'd like to see us try though.

We should do everything we can to sign Berbatov. He's a bloody genius.

32 years old, lazy, stroppy and is on £120k per week.

No way would I want him here

He has a lazy style. He doesn't have to be a grafter to play the role he plays.

And I wouldn't say he's especially stroppy either. He has every right to be pissed off with Ferguson following his non-selection for the CL final.

I think it's moot anyway, I'd imagine he'll end up at a CL club. I'd like to see us try though.

I think his wage demands would mean it would be a non starter, I wouldn't be suprised he ended up in the Middle East or China on silly money personally

I think his (Berbatov) next contact will be considerably smaller, he'll want to stay in Europe. He may find a German or French club more attractive than us, but I don't think we'd be totally out of the picture if we showed interest.