General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I would have said we needed one more winger anyway, even before Albrighton got injured. I would be a little disappointed if one more wide player wasn't brought in.

This. Surely in a squad of 25 you want two for each position? That would mean four wingers total (two for each wing), at the moment we only have three.

Definitely. I cannot understand how people could even think we have adequate cover.

Ok, Carruthers may be given a chance. Hardly proven though. Then we have Nzogbia, a new signing in Holman & Albrighton expected to be out a while. Definitely need one more.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transfer ITK ‏@ITK_TRANSFER

Villa will sign Yaccine Brahimi on Monday. Just been told.....

Here we go again, hopes will soon be dashed once more.

If you'd looked properly you would see he posted that on July 7th

Ah fudge... :oops:

Ah fudge... :oops:

@ITK_TRANSFER has said once already if not twice about past mondays will be the day Brahimi will sign.

Regarding other transfer targets i would be very happy with Vlaar i think he could really bring back that steel to the defence

As for Snodgrass i would be happy with him to but if we did miss out on him i feel there are plenty of other options out there. Although from what ive seen snodgrass seems pretty decent at delivering balls from set pieces .

I would have said we needed one more winger anyway, even before Albrighton got injured. I would be a little disappointed if one more wide player wasn't brought in.

This. Surely in a squad of 25 you want two for each position? That would mean four wingers total (two for each wing), at the moment we only have three.

Don't forget the under 21's don't have to be registered in the 25 either

Surprised all you transfer gossip junkies have missed the story on the Sky site today linking us to Steven Nzonzi. Story has us, Sunderland, Spurs, Stoke and West Ham all interested in him. No quotes on the story and not sure if there is much to it, but might be an interesting option in the middle of the park

Surprised all you transfer gossip junkies have missed the story on the Sky site today linking us to Steven Nzonzi. Story has us, Sunderland, Spurs, Stoke and West Ham all interested in him. No quotes on the story and not sure if there is much to it, but might be an interesting option in the middle of the park

In all honesty, & i only speak for myself here of course, any story that i now see with the old "Spurs,West Ham, Everton & Villa" or similar are "all after this & that player", intro to it i competely ignore. It is clearly just a complete load of tosh made up by a newspaper to try & generate mass sales.

We see it week in week out & it's always something along the lines of all us mid level Prem clubs are "vying for the signature of so & so" or Sunderland, (the new current fave as MON is there) are about to pip us to this or that player etc...

BORING! & i just don't fall for it anymore whatsoever.. I have to ask, out of the players we have bought, which one of those clubs were also linked? Sunderland? Nope! Spurs? Nope! In fact none of them..

Yeah if interesting really means shite

Put that comment also in the the same context of the Snodgrass link. Snodgrass would struggle in the Premiership and we need better quality than that at our club if we are to progress.

From a Feyenoord fan:

Cool to see interest in Ron, he's the ultimate professional, works hard for the team and always gives 100%. He's physical dominating defender winning most headers. He has decent footballing capacities and is a great leader. He's currently going trough a rough time as co-international van der Wiel slept with his wife which led to Vlaar's divorce, so England is a new start for him.

He has to work on his concentration but I'm sure he'll do fine at Villa! He's made for English football.

So, it sounds really promising in all fairness. Sounds like a good player. Also, His missus will **** anything that walks so thats always nice to know...

General summary.

It appears he was at Villa Park. Feyenoord Chairman has revealed he's said he wants to come here. The two clubs are in talks. Nothing more than that at the moment. Whilst it looks a strong possibility, there's alot more to happen yet.