General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

we have his mates Howson and Johnson here already, our Adam Drury's just gone there, hmm?

So?

If a player has a choice between Villa and Norwich there is only one winner. Just as it proved when we took Lambert.

Also could Norwich afford Snodgrass' wages?

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fair assumption. I think what he lacks in pace, he makes up for in trickery. Whether he can make the step up remains to be seen. But like any player in the Championship, it is always going to be a gamble. You have to be willing to take that risk, & if Lambert believes he can take us forward, I will back his judgement. One thing I will say on Snodgrass, he loves a nutmeg. He also likes to twist and turn players inside out, with the drag back being one of his main assets.

If we are in for him though, I do hope it is not for anything over £4m especially as he is in the last year of his contract and still unproven at the top level.

Just thinking out loud - if we assume

Lowton fee will be covered by Hutton leaving

Vlaar fee will be covered by Collins leaving

Which gives us expenditure of

KEA - £3m

Winger - Possibly Snodgrass £3/4m

So if we had £20m transfer budget originally that would give us £14m left.

I would assume a new LB is still on radar but maybe PL plans to fund that through a Warnock sale.

I wonder how much Liverpool want for Carroll? I am sure if it does go like this (i.e. selling Hutton, Collins, Warnock then we've done quite a bit to address the wages issue. However sure Carroll would still be on big money which might mess it all up and make it a show stopper.

Must be a close call on both fronts (fee and wages) otherwise I'm sure PL would have dismissed it out of hand

I would still like to post here as an avid villa fan if thats ok lads? Really encouraged by the vlaar deal :)

Off to the dungeon with you where you can keep JulieB & thetrees company

I suspect Villa are not in for Snodgrass as Lambert recognises Villa's bigger attraction and pulling power. There Wiz, how's that for arrogant? (bloody true though!!) :D

I suspect we're not in for Snodgrass because we've already signed Holman. Wages are still key so we can't buy 2 more wingers until we shift one of Albrighton, Nzogbia or Holman.

Think I saw someone earlier memotion another link to Simpson or Gunter.....with that in mind and with lowton playing cb on sat anyone see think we may still be on the lookout for a new rb with lowton challenging Clark and vlaart for the cb role? ( this may cover the speed aspect that some are saying vlaart lacks)

Don't tease like that, really want that french guy.

Thing is what Monday is it refering to? Reads like next monday, but today is also Monday. But then they would have just said today not Monday. My head hurts.

I would have said we needed one more winger anyway, even before Albrighton got injured. I would be a little disappointed if one more wide player wasn't brought in.

This. Surely in a squad of 25 you want two for each position? That would mean four wingers total (two for each wing), at the moment we only have three.