Euro 2012 Final: Spain v Italy

maqroll

Who Will Win Euro 2012 Final?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win Euro 2012 Final?

• Spain
    • Italy

I'm saying it was boring in the sense it was SO one - sided

Whereas for the neutral, we all like a bit of a ding dong surely ??

surely thats italys fault more than spains though? they werent at the races tonight and it looks like they made 2 injury gambles and got them both wrong

balotelli unfortunately also looked like his 2 goals got to him, i thought he was very greedy tonight

Tonight was anything but boring.

Spain were incredible

Boring in the sense it was a non contest

If it was a boxing match it would have been stopped in the first minute of the 2nd round

Spain were incredible

If it was a boxing match it would have been stopped in the first minute of the 2nd round

But it wasn't a boxing match. It was 90 minutes of mostly brilliant football.

One sided or not, it was a brilliant display of football. If you don't find that interesting then fair enough. Yes a ding dong 4-3 would have been more entertaining, but that doesn't mean that this wasn't.

Spain were incredible

But it wasn't a boxing match. It was 90 minutes of mostly brilliant football.

One sided or not, it was a brilliant display of football. If you don't find that interesting then fair enough. Yes a ding dong 4-3 would have been more entertaining, but that doesn't mean that this wasn't.

It wasn't a non contest in the first half either, Italy looked a threat and had a few good chances, just in the second half and when Motta got injured they looked like they were ready to go home already though.

It was a technical display of brilliance, it just wasn't a contest

Bit like watching the old tiger woods win a tournie by 10 strokes

Technically brilliant but the last 5 holes are not interesting as a match

Make your mind up.

Was it boring because Spain were so much better than Italy (your opinion on this page) or because Spain were hypothetically set up in a 4-6-0 formation which you don't approve of (your opinion on the last page)?

Or have you once again not really thought this through?

Pirlo has been quality during Euro 2012... when he's been given time and space to do whatever he wants. Spain didn't allow him to play and because of this he was fairly quiet all game. I would have Xabi Alonso in my team over Pirlo any day!

Spain were worthy winners. The best nation in the world and rightly so. Whether you like them or not you have to give them credit. I'm still not a fan of them playing with no strikers BUT it clearly works for them!

have been critical of Spain but this was by far their best game of tournament (ireland game doesnt count as we were awful) BUT this was not a 4-0 game i thought was quite even and Italy probably still had a chance until they went down to 10 men

That was a astonishing display of footballing selfishness (in a great way), by keeping the ball, and then systematically dismantling and destroying a very good Italian side.

I'll be happy to watch that game over and over again.

Turned it off at 1-0 if I'm honest. It was pretty obvious from the pathetic decision to not give Croatia a penalty in the Final group game that Spain were going to win it. Not even sure why I bothered watching the KO games aside from England.

They were probably far superior on the night, I don't know, but the fact remains they should've been back home after the group stage.

Football would be more interesting if it wasn't so corrupt. Oh well.

It's not bribery. It's funny how naive some are though and turn a blind eye to anything. Every week it's the same "Oh mistakes happen". It's like everyone's a bloody Blatter clone.

Because we don't think that there's some shadowy conspiracy in place forcing referees to help the best team in the world win football matches we're all naive?

If you say so chap.

It's not bribery. It's funny how naive some are though and turn a blind eye to anything. Every week it's the same "Oh mistakes happen". It's like everyone's a bloody Blatter clone.

Lul. I believe Spain won the group with 7 points, even 5 would have seen them through, what the hell are you talking about?

Because we don't think that there's some shadowy conspiracy in place forcing referees to help the best team in the world win football matches we're all naive?

If you say so chap.

But Kurt hates Spain so it must be because FIFA believe the same team winning every tournament is good for the game and have therefore fixed it.

Â