Who Will Win Euro 2012 Final?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win Euro 2012 Final?

• Spain
    • Italy

Italy to win purely because Spain bore the arse off me

Italy for all that is good in football.

never thought would ever read or hear this :D

Why? Spain's football is mind-numbingly boring and one dimensional. Yeah it works but Italy are much more interesting.

its Italy reputation even though havent been negative in a long time. if you ever watch a Italian team play on Sky all the idiot/experts mention is negative and boring Italian football

I hate watching Spain play but i'm not sure if it's fair to level too much criticism at them.

The boring manner of their games is probably more due to the way their opponents set up against them than their style of play.

I’m wondering if it’s any consolation to Ireland fans to know they were actually in the toughest group in this tournament (both finalists plus Croatia, who were quite close to knocking out either Spain or Italy in the last round of group matches). In hindsight, it looks like that was the real “group of death”.

starting to think we are 4th best team in Europe ;)

Looking at it that way, I'm thrilled to think that Villa have players like Given and Dunne with the world-class quality to play in that team.

I hate watching Spain play but i'm not sure if it's fair to level too much criticism at them.

The boring manner of their games is probably more due to the way their opponents set up against them than their style of play.

Oh it absolutely is due to their opponents. You only have to look back to 2008 where they were really exciting, because teams were more naive against them.

They are dull to watch now. Teams know that the best way to play them is to sit off them, which means Spain have no real option but to pass it around in front of the other team.

It needs a team to open up and attack to bring out a more exciting Spain.

As I said, the Italy Spain game at the start of the groups was excellent, and fascinating tactically. And I don't think there's any coincidence that Italy scored first.

I'm hoping for a repeat in the final

Oh it absolutely is due to their opponents. You only have to look back to 2008 where they were really exciting, because teams were more naive against them.

They are dull to watch now. Teams know that the best way to play them is to sit off them, which means Spain have no real option but to pass it around in front of the other team.

As I said, the Italy Spain game at the start of the groups was excellent, and fascinating tactically. And I don't think there's any coincidence that Italy scored first.

Portugal were pressing them high up the pitch and that seemed quite effective... But can't keep that up for the whole game..I don't buy this, there is the best way to play against spain. If you press them high up the pitch, they will hit it long.

Really want Italy to win this one. Like a lot of others I think Spain are really dull to watch. It was all very fascinating at one point, but now it's just so so boring.

EDIT: Question - When Italy last won the World Cup, did they not have issues with match fixing then?

Didn't they have issues with match fixing this season too? :detect:

I see what he's saying. We've spent the better part of a generation talking about how Italy's catanaccio was as dull as dish water

Is it ditch or dish? (I've never been sure)

Really want Italy to win this one. Like a lot of others I think Spain are really dull to watch. It was all very fascinating at one point, but now it's just so so boring.

EDIT: Question - When Italy last won the World Cup, did they not have issues with match fixing then?

Didn't they have issues with match fixing this season too? :detect:

and before their 1982 world cup win too. Rossi was originally banned from that tournament.

I'm looking forward to the next WC where the likes of Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Uruguay and USA (who beat a full strength Spain 2 years ago), will alter the way these Spain matches are being played...Brazil will be terrorizing teams with packed stadiums full of samba madness.

Spain could crumble under a relentlessly attacking side.

I feel a Delap throw-in comment coming your way

I think Stoke should be allowed to play in the Euros. I'd love to see Spain v Stoke.

Stoke played Valencia last season in the Europa League, that's probably as close as you are going to get.

Â