Euro 2012 Final: Spain v Italy

maqroll

Who Will Win Euro 2012 Final?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win Euro 2012 Final?

• Spain
    • Italy

It's not bribery. It's funny how naive some are though and turn a blind eye to anything. Every week it's the same "Oh mistakes happen". It's like everyone's a bloody Blatter clone.

Lul. I believe Spain won the group with 7 points, even 5 would have seen them through, what the hell are you talking about?

Eh? The penalty was with about 6 minutes to go at 0-0. A goal from the penalty and Spain would be heading out. :?

What're you talking about? The same goes for Bendtner/Badstuber incident.

As I said "Oh mistakes happen" seems to be a running theme.

But Kurt hates Spain so it must be because FIFA believe the same team winning every tournament is good for the game and have therefore fixed it.

I wanted Spain to win in 2008 and 2010, I also wanted them to qualify from the groups as I hate Ireland and don't like Croatia. So what are you talking about? :lol:

Kurt, why would UEFA fix it so Spain win?

I'm genuinely interested as I can't see how they'd benefit more from that then they would if some other big nation won it?

think he is trying to say they wanted a Germany vs Spain final as that would have been a money spinner as Germany got dodgy decision vs Denmark which would have knocked them out as well

Kurt, why would UEFA fix it so Spain win?

I'm genuinely interested as I can't see how they'd benefit more from that then they would if some other big nation won it?

I didn't say that. I said they (and Germany) both benefitted from an awful decision that put them through, in my opinion. I was simply implying that the bigger teams get the decisions there way at crucial times and that's that. And as for the outcome, I do think UEFA would've preferred Spain and Germany in the QFs over Denmark and Croatia, just what I think personally, you don't have to agree.

But Kurt hates Spain so it must be because FIFA believe the same team winning every tournament is good for the game and have therefore fixed it.

I wanted Spain to win in 2008 and 2010, I also w

anted them to qualify from the groups as I hate Ireland and don't like Croatia. So what are you talking about? :lol:[/quote

You hate Ireland. Wow I would never have guessed.

I think the seeding is a little fishy. England, a large TV draw, always in Pot 1 despite ability. I don't believe referees favour any sides (ignoring South Korea).

The rankings are results based so if anyone is in pot 1 it's because they win a lot (or are hosts). Rankings are actually the most transparent and uncorrupt thing in UEFA/FIFA. Now their effectiveness and accuracy between sides from different continents may be up for discussion but that's subjective. It's easy to track back why a country is ranked where they are. And besides, thanks to 2 host countries, England were in pot 2 for these Euros anyway.

I think the seeding is a little fishy. England, a large TV draw, always in Pot 1 despite ability. I don't believe referees favour any sides (ignoring South Korea).

This falls down a bit when you consider that England were in Pot 2.

Ukraine were seeded from Pot 1 in our group.

Â