Crazy Weather

b6bloke

As predicted by my stormchaser pal we had a crazy storm here in Redditch earlier, he reckoned that by the time it got to him in Leicester there could be a tornado which there was but look at the size of the hail that they have just had there!!

Measured 3.5” hail which is a new UK record!

Yeh we had a few crazy hours here. Started with the blackest clouds you could imagine, and very heavy rain. That started to clear up but then the hail came which was enourmous - well, relatively speaking. I've seen the silly sized hail in pictures or on TV and what not, but have never seen anything as big as it was earlier in person. Then the hail turned into a massive deluge of rain, which has flooded parts of the town. This was followed by some very nice lightning which I enjoyed watching for a good 20 minutes or so.

And now it's sunny :)

Another few days of over-90F temps in store for here.

I'm beginning to think that the Canadian Arctic might be a nice place to live.

It's a great place to live over here ;)

leicster got it bad with the hail, check out some of these, the hail ones are off my mate, the car isnt his and the larger hail stones were from a woman who e-mailed him and these hit her horse. He reckons this is a Uk record, our weather is getting well mad!

Rearwindow.jpg

Windscreen.jpg

LeicestershireHail.jpg

golfballs.jpg

Â