Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

i take it you got your numbers from here?

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/3389/Stages/6531/PlayerStatistics/England-Premier-League-2012-2013

he doesn't come out very badly, when you look at interceptions, tackles, passes. pass completion surprisingly isn't as high as you'd think. anyway, even going by the cold hard stats which i'll admit were worse than i'd have thought, he's a competitve player already and not lost at this level. which for someone who's only played a handfull of games in this league is pretty good going really, especially in a team that is going through a revolution in terms of culture and playing style.

leaving the stats behind, from what i've seen this season, he's often the player to break down opposition position and then keep possession for us by moving it around quickly. we didn't have that last year. so still big thumbs up for me.

He was carried off the pitch playing for Morocco yesterday...not good.

Have just come on here to find out more - anyone got any idea how serious this is?? Gutted. He's been a consistent performer for us all season. Not sure what PL will do if we lose him for a while.

If KEA is going to be out for a while i don't think there's any need to hit the panic button. He has been largely ineffective and no better than say Delph who can replace him and pair up with Ireland if now available after the international break.

I'm going to have to disagree Morpheus, I think he's better at splitting up the play than Delph, he helps us with the possession in games.

Shame he's going to be out but we have to put faith in his replacement whether that be Westy or Delph.

If KEA is going to be out for a while i don't think there's any need to hit the panic button. He has been largely ineffective and no better than say Delph who can replace him and pair up with Ireland if now available after the international break.

I dont agree at all, I think he is a very decent player, my favourite of the Lambert signings. He needs to develop a bit of stamina as he tends to fade after 60 minutes, but otherwise no complaints and he will be missed if he is out for a period. .

I'm going to have to disagree Morpheus, I think he's better at splitting up the play than Delph, he helps us with the possession in games.

Shame he's going to be out but we have to put faith in his replacement whether that be Westy or Delph.

I dont agree at all, I think he is a very decent player, my favourite of the Lambert signings. He needs to develop a bit of stamina as he tends to fade after 60 minutes, but otherwise no complaints and he will be missed if he is out for a period. .

I really can't remember where he has affected one of our games with his overall play. Neither a combative or attacking midfielder who falls into the description of being Mr Joe Average and consequently if he does miss a few of our games then it won't hurt us as we have other midfielders with similar abilities.

I think KEA is a poor mans Petrov, he hasnt impressed me much I must say

Apart from his debut wasn't Petrov absolutely crap for the first two years he was here? Then in his third season he was one of our best players and kicked on from there. He'd only moved from Scotland too.

Petrov was decent from the latter part of his first season and became a pretty vital member of the team from his second season IIRC, and he showed glimpses of what he might do when he settled into a position from his first game.

I don't think KEA has shown much beyond some good technique, and if he is to be Petrov's replacement he needs to massively improve the defensive side of his game, which currently is largely absent. Petrov was superb at breaking play, though not with your usual DM style of crunching tackles, more hassling a player and pinching the ball cleanly off his toe. KEA needs to learn that same skill because he simply hasn't the physique for the hardman style. And if he can't add that to his game we need a defence minded mid.

Did you watch the Everton game?

Basically the only one of our players who had any effect on the game.

One game then where we were hammered and in particular through our midfield. Not really much of an effect was it.

One game then where we were hammered and in particular through our midfield. Not really much of an effect was it.

He scored, and was our best player.

I'm not saying KEA is good or bad here, I'm just saying that was where he "affected one of our games" (I think anyway. That's a pretty ambiguos statement)

Â