Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

I think he is somewhat similar with Makoun but KEA looks much more comfortable playing in england than Makoun who seemed somewhat off-the-pace. As much as I was hoping for Makoun to get accustomed playing in PL I dont think he never even started to get adjusted into living in England and into playing in PL.

KEA seems much more commanding which is just what we need but one has to wonder what could've been those two in the middle...

Shame about Makoun as he would've been very good spreading the ball.

Think Makoun and KEA would've been a cracking partnership. If KEA is paired in midfield with somebody who can tackle and has a bit of strength well then we'll definitely have a better chance at bossing the center of the field - guess we'll see soon how this Westwood kid plays!

KEA is looking a great signing; having a player of his quality allows us to play possession football.

Ahh that will be a big shame to lose KEA in January, he's so influential on the way we play.. Hopefully Westwood should be pulling the strings by then though :)

I guess this was why Westwood was bought in order to deputise for KEA during the African Cup of Nations. Interestingly Westwood did say when he signed that he was a Michael Carrick-esque player.

KEA is looking a great signing; having a player of his quality allows us to play possession football.

Ahh that will be a big shame to lose KEA in January, he's so influential on the way we play.. Hopefully Westwood should be pulling the strings by then though :)

I guess this was why Westwood was bought in order to deputise for KEA during the African Cup of Nations. Interestingly Westwood did say when he signed that he was a Michael Carrick-esque player.

Yeah I think Westwood is a similar type of player to El Ahmadi and will learn a lot from him.

• 3 weeks later...

Has looked decent, can't just use one or two games and say that's it.

This whole team is new, not even at the work in progress stage yet. I expect it will start to one together in terms of consistency in the second half of the season

I think part of the problem is that they're asking him to play the bottom of the diamond when he's clearly not suited for the role. While I don't know if he would be as good as Ireland in his place in the diamond, he's certainly more suitable for that than the bottom of the diamond.

You need a ball winner at the bottom of the diamond, not someone who's the equivalent of Scholes when it comes to tackling.

Â