Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

be interetsing to see who will start in cm. we have ireland, herd, makoun, KEA, delph and stan when he recovers which i am absolutely confident will happen

Petrov? He was declining fast, reaches 33 years in a few days and has cancer! He will never play for Villa again and that is only realistic.

be interetsing to see who will start in cm. we have ireland, herd, makoun, KEA, delph and stan when he recovers which i am absolutely confident will happen

Delph will be injured

Makoun less than 50/50 he here IMO

ireland - Has been touted as a departure - although his wages may stop that

Stan - although I wish him well - I doubt he will play for us again

so as it stands KEA\Herd\Ireland - with Gary Gardner in the mix as well.

Have to agree, I very much doubt we'll ever see Petrov play again.

I hope, and think, he will recover and hopefully live a proper life going forward. But I don't think any of that will happen in time for him to play for villa again.

My uncle died from the same form of leukemia, it's one of the most severe forms of cancer, it's so hard to erase every little trace of it that it usually comes back a couple of years after it is supposedly cured. My uncle was treated at the best hospital in the country for cancer too the Royal Marsden. Petrov will be extremely lucky if he ends up living into old age! let alone playing again, chemotherapy doesn't just destroy cancer cells, it kills all cells in general and take a heavy toll on the body, he will need at least 6 months of rehab after all the treatment is finished for him to become fit enogh for premiership football, and being 33 almost its unlikely he will ever reach the same level of fitness.

I can see Petrov being brought on as a sub for last five mins and we are say 4-0 up, when he has made enough of a recovery as a way to say goodbye and so he can say he played again.

Could see Petrov coming back as a future manager if everything goes well with his illness.
Don't know about manager, but he definitely deserves a coaching role at the club when he recovers.

I can see Petrov being brought on as a sub for last five mins and we are say 4-0 up, when he has made enough of a recovery as a way to say goodbye and so he can say he played again.
I want to see this too. It's the least he deserves.

Karim El Ahmadi: “As a player, I always want to have the ball and that is my main quality. I always want the ball and to dictate the game".

Hopefully he will be a good player for us.

Get in, welcome.

That incognito seems to be spot on.

Solid signing and I look forward to seeing him at a bit of stability to our midfield.#

Karim El Ahmadi: “It’s nice that I am the manager’s first transfer and I am looking forward to doing good things with the team this year."

2m Mat Kendrick‏@MatKendrick

Karim El Ahmadi: “As a player, I always want to have the ball and that is my main quality. I always want the ball and to dictate the game.

3m Mat Kendrick‏@MatKendrick

Karim El Ahmadi: “This club should be competing in the top half of the table and I am looking forward to achieving that with the team.

3m Mat Kendrick‏@MatKendrick

Karim El Ahmadi: “I’m very excited about coming here to a massive club and I’m looking forward to playing here.”

Karim El Ahmadi is looking forward to "dictating games" from the centre of midfield after completing a move from Dutch Eredivisie runners-up Feyenoord.

The 27-year-old Moroccan international has signed a three-year deal which will take him up to the end of the 2014-15 season at Villa.

He is new manager Paul Lambert's first signing and the Villa boss is "looking forward to working with him" when he reports for pre-season training with the rest of the Villa squad on Thursday.

El Ahmadi was recognised as one of the top players in Holland's Eredivisie last season and, having been one of the driving forces behind an impressive season for Feyenoord in which they secured a Champions League place, he is ready to embrace the challenge of making a similar impact for Villa in the Premier League.

"I'm very excited about coming here to a massive club and I'm looking forward to playing here," he said.

"I'm very happy that the manager wants me and that the club wants me and I'm looking forward to starting training again.

"It's nice that I am the manager's first transfer and I am looking forward to doing good things with the team and with the club this year.

"This club should be competing in the top half of the table and I am looking forward to achieving that with the team.

"It was always a dream of mine to play in the Premier League. We played a lot on Sundays in Holland, so I was able to watch all of the games on Saturday and I think this is the best league in the world. It will be a challenge to show people what I can do.

"Last year was successful for me and for Feyenoord - we qualified for the Champions League - but sometimes in life you have to make choices.

"I came to this club and spoke to the people here and they gave me great confidence in what we can do this year, so I have chosen to come.

"As a player, I always want to have the ball and that is my main quality. I always want the ball and to dictate the game. That's what I did at Feyenoord and hopefully I can show the fans, the club and the manager my quality."

El Ahmadi is excited, too, by the prospect of linking up with Australian wide midfield player and fellow new arrival Brett Holman, a player El Ahmadi rated as one of the top exponents during his time at Alkmaar.

"I've played against Brett a lot of times, not only when he was at AZ but when he was younger he played at Feyenoord," El Ahmadi added.

"He's a great player and it's good for him, too, to come to a club like this and to make a step up.

"In Holland he showed his quality and now it's good to have him next to me. He's a great player to play with and he never gives up - I don't think I ever saw him standing still on the pitch."

El Ahmadi's quality and work ethic were key in the Villa manager's assessment of his first signing.

"Karim will help the team, I have no doubt about that," said Lambert.

"He's a really good footballer and he's played well in a good team, a big team, and I'm looking forward to working with him.

"In fact, I'm really looking forward to getting things going on Thursday when the lads will report back for pre-season."

OS

Â