Taken 2

Demitri_C

The first Taken was hilarious.

Hilariously bad I thought. Seriously, what a godawful film to start a new film thread about. What other straight-to-video fodder is next for the same treatment, Road Trip 4? :?

Film thread over there ------>

Prometheus and Batman have individual threads .

Yes they do, but then they are amongst the most highly anticipated films of recent years. With respect to Dem, I would suggest that Taken 2 possibly is not, other than by him of course!

Film thread over there ------>

Prometheus and Batman have individual threads .

Yes they do, but then they are amongst the most highly anticipated films of recent years. With respect to Dem, I would suggest that Taken 2 possibly is not, other than by him of course!

Maybe, maybe not It's irrelevant to the issue of individual threads. I still don't understand why you feel you get to choose which films are allowed their own thread ? The amalgamation of similar discussions into super threads on VT is one of it's very few bad points IMO . It stifles discussion to be honest.

Anyway back on topic. I personally loved the original Taken regardless of its flaws. It was a massive sleeper hit that flew under the radar which it won't have going for it this time around .

Neeson was a bad ass in that film and there weren't many better popcorn action films at the time.

This time around I believe it is Neeson's character who is "Taken" by the families of all the bad guys he killed in the first film .

It won't win any awards but as long as it has Neeson **** up scumbags like a boss then I will be happy .

I thought the first instalment was fairly conclusive. To make a sequel would surely be a bit preposterous? Like Airplane 2 - will it be almost entirely the same film?

Taken was brilliant, you just have to take it at face value for what it is. It doesn't try to pretend to be anything other than an action film and it has some amazing fight scenes in it.

I'm looking forward to the sequel since I loved the first film. Fair play to Neeson though, doing another action film considering he's 60.

The amalgamation of similar discussions into super threads on VT is one of it's very few bad points IMO . It stifles discussion to be honest.

Yeah I'll go along with that, the general chat thread in particular needs to be binned IMO.

Back OT, can't wait to see this movie, loved the first one!

Â